Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said "seem" deliberately.

But in point of fact, he did not stumble over his words, struggle to make logical sense, etc., and that's what I was referring to. He did, factually, make sense, ask relevant questions, respond to questions with complete thoughts, etc.
I'm not aligning awkwardness and anxiety with incoherence or a compromise in someone's ability to respond to questions or otherwise engage. It can be relative to a person's normative behavior, what is normal for them, and it can be subtle.

I can beyond a shadow of a doubt say that I would not. I suppose since some would, it might be prudent to check it out (if they haven't already done a thorough inspection). I suspect they have. Imo

Does anyone know if a K9 unit was brought into the entire house & yard?
I too thought of he was hiding in a fake wall. hidey hole.
That could be why they refuse to leave to stay in a hotel.

The sighting in NC mountains are around Sept 26th. The FBI has no response but the local Sherriff IS following up.

NC sheriff looking into claims of Brian Laundrie sightings, says ‘nothing has been verified’ | CBS 17

<snipped>

Regarding the tweets connecting the search to North Carolina, FOX 46 reached out to the FBI in Charlotte, who directed us to the field office in Denver. Agents there said this is an ongoing investigation and they do not have any comment beyond the official statements posted to their social media accounts.

Multiple sightings of Laundrie have also been reported in Watauga County, North Carolina. The sheriff’s office tells FOX 46, “We were looking into these claims, but nothing has been verified.”

I can't imagine why the FBI wouldn't follow up on any reasonable tip. I think BL's behavior at this point could be very erratic and unpredictable. I don't think he's operating with logic right now. He could be anywhere, even on a back road asking for directions. Imo
It was reported that the FBI didn’t come out to that fort that was found at the campground (photos are here - admin approved). Exact words from the guy that found the fort was “LE didn’t seem to care…so I called Dog.” If that’s true, it’s super frustrating IMO. Bc just looking at that fort, looks like a really credible tip to me IMO. All they would have had to do is bring the dogs out to see if they hit on the makeshift bed there - so idk why they wouldn’t. JMO. But I’m hoping they just know more than we do.

Both Gabby and Brian seemed unreasonably fearful about the other running off with the van/phones, etc. Their fear seems out of proportion to the consequences if that had happened. They were staying in popular, heavily visited places. If one of them had left the other stranded, the only way a worst case scenario plays out is if they didn't ask for help. Anyone have any insight on this?

I can't imagine why the FBI wouldn't follow up on any reasonable tip. I think BL's behavior at this point could be very erratic and unpredictable. I don't think he's operating with logic right now. He could be anywhere, even on a back road asking for directions. Imo

I believe that they do. But "follow-up" can mean many different things. For example, they can call another LE agency and ask a regular LEO to go to the spot where the sighting is claimed, and report back that BL is no longer there. They can file a report regarding which direction of travel BL was in (according to the tip) and what time of day the tipster says they saw them. People are not always reliable, the FBI knows that.

After a while, perhaps a pattern emerges. I think some of you are noticing some really interesting patterns - I have faith that within LE, they too are noticing the same patterns.

I agree that BL is operating "without logic," just to put it succinctly. If he is alive, this escape has rolled out in phases. Scenario I has his parents (and sister) engaging in helping him and perhaps planting supplies, etc. Scenario II has him go it completely alone, and then either with or without a gun. Where I live, there are pop-up places where people sell used cars and trucks for cash and time after time, no one bothers to change the registration. Apparently some states require that you take the plates off when you sell a car and bring them to the DMV or something - but not in California or any of the states I've ever lived in. Everywhere I've lived, you could take cash, buy a used car, and then drive off. It is the responsibility of the buyer to re-register in all of these states. No receipts, no records and we constantly see criminal conduct in CA that involves a car registered to someone out of state, who had no idea that the "buyer" didn't re-register.

Or he stole a truck. Less likely, right?

With all that out of the way, what next? He realizes he will be recognized anywhere around that AT, so I am guessing he's still heading out of the region, but not north and not into the deep south either - he wants to get back to the wide open spaces that he loves. He probably envisions dying eventually at the hands of LE, but in the meantime, he'll be a wanderer - and a sort of gambler.

The sighting in NC mountains are around Sept 26th. The FBI has no response but the local Sherriff IS following up.

NC sheriff looking into claims of Brian Laundrie sightings, says ‘nothing has been verified’ | CBS 17

<snipped>

Regarding the tweets connecting the search to North Carolina, FOX 46 reached out to the FBI in Charlotte, who directed us to the field office in Denver. Agents there said this is an ongoing investigation and they do not have any comment beyond the official statements posted to their social media accounts.

Multiple sightings of Laundrie have also been reported in Watauga County, North Carolina. The sheriff’s office tells FOX 46, “We were looking into these claims, but nothing has been verified.”

Those are the old ones. There was a sighting early Saturday morning at 12:30. The link was just reposted above.

Thanks for posting this. I couldn't find the post that AngelsAdvocate (hope I've got that name right!) mentioned.

I've got to say (MOO) - I believe this guy. He gives a lot of detail and the part about the profile of the truck driver's face was really interesting. I'm going to go back and look at the map I was looking at late last night. I'd like to see the location of the parking lot and try to figure out what happens to Waterville Rd. I think it may just dead end.

Again, thanks for the link.

Both Gabby and Brian seemed unreasonably fearful about the other running off with the van/phones, etc. Their fear seems out of proportion to the consequences if that had happened. They were staying in popular, heavily visited places. If one of them had left the other stranded, the only way a worst case scenario plays out is if they didn't ask for help. Anyone have any insight on this?

I agree. Ime and imo, it was more about the other person being able to get gone if they had the phone and the vehicle, rather than about the objects themselves.

<snipped>

In the Fox article it was stated:

One man who informed Fox News of a since-debunked potential Brian Laundrie sighting in New Jersey last month said "it was like pulling teeth to get law enforcement to act on the [sighting]," and that some officials were "rude" on the phone.

Hiker claims he saw Brian Laundrie near Appalachian Trail

Leads me to believe there have been a lot of tips and potential sightings to sift through. It can be a good thing, means people are keeping any eye open. But it can be overwhelming to try to respond to every potential sighting.

It was reported that the FBI didn’t come out to that fort that was found at the campground (photos are here - admin approved). Exact words from the guy that found the fort was “LE didn’t seem to care…so I called Dog.” If that’s true, it’s super frustrating IMO. Bc just looking at that fort, looks like a really credible tip to me IMO. All they would have had to do is bring the dogs out to see if they hit on the makeshift bed there - so idk why they wouldn’t. JMO. But I’m hoping they just know more than we do.
That pillow looks so white and clean. It can't be very old. I've seen alot of homeless camps in the woods but nothing that clean.

Also the canopy serves no purpose in terms of shelter. But it may help hide a person from copters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noseyparker1