Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they are not sophisticated enough to get a good attorney. But the one they have got is shielding them from a lot of misery.
I have some fairly strong opinions about their attorney. His conduct and judgment are questionable at best, from a legal ethics standpoint. He's been dancing on an ethical edge. Even moreso if they are unsophisticated and dependent on him.

If he's alive he wouldn't be asking somebody for directions. It would be pretty much the last thing he would do. Where did he get the pickup? Why no phone so he can get his own directions? He would need money for gas... it was dark... There's just no way. Does not add up at all.

He's hungry ... he's confused .... he's alone .... he's not well .... he's on the run ... he has no cell phone service ... no traceable cell phone .... he did it at night.....

Last edited:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Cedar Sherwood said:

We've almost got one thread for each year I've been alive.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Gosh, I hope we don't reach the same for me. I'm old!!!

Same here -- Let's hope that we don't all wind up in the old folks home still pondering this frustrating and so very sad case!

Justice for Gabby, her family, and all those who are treated as she was by a spoiled, lazy and mean-spirited ~man~. Grrrrrr.

Teenage hormones/love can be powerful. Parents can be the best parents, "raise them right”, forbid the boyfriend, but once they turn 18 there is little recourse other than an all or nothing approach, cut them off if they are not doing what you say. Or parents can maintain a relationship, be there to help pick up the pieces when it falls apart, offer guidance which may or may not be accepted and hopefully be there when they are needed. When I was a teenager I had a friend who was being abused by her boyfriend. I told her parents who were completely unaware and immediately filed charges. If things were abusive during their high school years her parents may not necessarily have been aware and once she left home that’s not something that is usually shared.
100%.

If, and that's a big if, because we currently have no evidence of it, he is suffering a mental breakdown, none of his behavior will make sense. His speech will be odd, like Mr. Davis described, his appearance will deteriorate, and he very well could talk about Gabby as if she is still alive. Unfortunately, I have also seen that first hand. IME

Me too.

I am shocked, actually. I am thought she wanted to support victims of DV, in Gabby's memory? Maybe I have misunderstood, maybe it is only the missing, I really don't know. Jmo
I took her response to mean she didn’t want her daughter’s memory to be intertwined with an abusive situation, particularly because some have labeled Gabby as the abuser. I don’t take anything about not supporting DV from that statement. JMO.

I have some fairly strong opinions about their attorney. His conduct and judgment are questionable at best, from a legal ethics standpoint. He's been dancing on an ethical edge. Even moreso if they are unsophisticated and dependent on him.

I understand. But I'm glad they aren't sophisticated because it's much more likely justice will be served. I know you are an attorney, I am too. I don't see his conduct as unethical, simply as stupid. And you cannot fix stupid.

I took her response to mean she didn’t want her daughter’s memory to be intertwined with an abusive situation, particularly because some have labeled Gabby as the abuser. I don’t take anything about not supporting DV from that statement. JMO.
Agree 100 percent.

Have LE bothered to look in the storage unit for Brian? Haha
If there is an off-site storage unit and they have not obtained a search warrant for it yet this is a serious fumble IMO and with that said, I can't imagine them fumbling. You have raised a very, very good point IMO. I wish we could ask Brian Entin to put a team on the FBI lolol. Then we'd know!

No one can answer this for me- Why would BL risk involving the sister? I can't think of a single logical reason to take that risk. She has kids. And if she was involved, why wouldn't she also have legal representation?
I can't believe he risked anyone in his family. This information came straight from his attorney though. Right under the bus MOO

Both Gabby and Brian seemed unreasonably fearful about the other running off with the van/phones, etc. Their fear seems out of proportion to the consequences if that had happened. They were staying in popular, heavily visited places. If one of them had left the other stranded, the only way a worst case scenario plays out is if they didn't ask for help. Anyone have any insight on this?
Maybe they both have separation anxiety? Oh boy I hope that’s permitted. Mods please delete if not. So hard to not mention what could be mental health or state of mind.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Could parents face obstruction, accessory charges?

As the manhunt for Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie enters its third week, questions are mounting about how he’s been able to elude authorities for this long and whether his parents may have helped give him a head start.

Chris and Roberta Laundrie have not been accused of any wrongdoing, but critics have taken to scrutinizing their actions in the weeks following the disappearance of their former future daughter-in-law, Gabby Petito, who was found dead in Wyoming at a campsite she shared with their son. They said nothing about the fact that she was missing and went on a Labor Day camping trip.

"If they provided false information to law enforcement that let Brian laundry take off and get a week head start, or if the parents sent law enforcement on a wild goose chase, searching the preserve when he wasn't there, there's certainly a basis to charge them," said Neama Rahmani, a former legal prodigy and federal prosecutor.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Could parents face obstruction, accessory charges?

I do feel like the sighting in TN/NC with Mr. Davis was Brian. And like I said I also stand by my theory of them purchasing the truck with cash when BL came home for those few days, stashed it near desoto, he flew back to gabby and when he came back without her, they loaded up the camper to fill up the truck with goodies. I think the whole fam (mom, dad and sister) are in on it. To me that seems logical at this point. I think the leads Dog are following are not Brian. I think he stayed in desoto then took off from there. If Cassie had a hat on with her hair pulled back and sat low in the backseat then there’s your 3 that left. IMO I know I keep repeating this but that’s kinda where I am at.
But, the parents couldn't have known BL was going to kill Gabby, could they? So, why buy a truck for him and stash it near DeSoto or anyplace else for that matter?

Having grown up in the middle of NC, I will second that comparison.
@Angels Advocate Do you think thermal imaging or infrared could be used in the Smoky Mountains?

I wish I knew about that subject. I saw that they have caught people in boats in Florida using it. I think the mountains provide a lot of rocky cover, but let's find out. Does anyone know this?

Another thing is he is in a truck (IMO), so he is trying to blend in, not hiding under a rock - or maybe he is hiding under a rock during the daytime. And comes out at night only.

I can't believe he risked anyone in his family. This information came straight from his attorney though. Right under the bus MOO
True, but he needed the parents and he can rely on that loyalty. He didn't need the sister and it stands to reason that her loyalties would be to her children, not her adult siblings.

But in reality, if he (or his parents) wanted to, they could (with a competent attorney...), approach the FBI about cutting some kind of deal that could take many forms (not prosecuting lying to the FBI, not being prosecuted for or having to admit they lied or fled/assisted fleeing the law, millions of possibilities) in exchange for coming in with with their attorney and/or providing information about what happened.

Truly, these kinds of arrangements happen all the time. The best way to torpedo any future negotiated resolution/ leniency/ compromise is to keep jerking LE around, wasting time, money, reputation of the various agencies involved.
That post was about the reported witness in NC. The engineer. I don't see him committing a crime and risking prison time to get on Fox News. MOO

I am duck footed, so I had ignored the videos…..thinking it wasn’t a big deal. I saw one today, and it’s EXTREME. It almost seems like something is wrong with his hips too. Like his upper thighs were stuck together. It was very odd.

I see something odd that I can’t pinpoint, maybe a spectrum as is eyes could show that. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l