Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's indeed on the run and trying to evade detection, it seems strange to me he'd mention anything about a fight with his girlfriend at all, as this recent witness has recounted the person he's so sure was Laundrie did. All while he's the sole person of interest in a homicide case involving his own fiancee? One would think he would avoid making any comments to anyone that might make him more recognizable.

It would seem strange if he had a normal mind. From so many things we have seen about him and read here including his own writings and postings on SM it doesn’t seem strange to me.

Psychotic break from reality with half truths interspersed ? Also after murdering this beautiful soul I don’t think he will be doing well mentally emotionally or spiritually. Of course to me he wasn’t doing well long before he killed Gabby. He had big psychological problems. Can only imagine how much worse they are now.

GP may have been concerned about damage to her credibility as a van life blogger. If she had gotten a citation due to that Moab incident, or if he had left her stranded somewhere, if made public that information could have ruined her chances and all her efforts and investment be lost.

This too. That stop in Moab would have caused anxiety (showing up in Gabby's tears) about their relationship, their entire trip (they would have been stuck in Moab for at least 3-4 weeks and all their reservations and plans ruined, had either of them been charged) and therefore, about her desire to make a living as a vlogger.

She had found a focus for herself (he had not, IMO). IME, when a woman in a controlling relationship does that (finds a true calling or focus for herself), the partner acts out in various ways (unplanned, planned) to ruin it.

If they had indeed been having these "little slap fights" with her punching and scratching him, him "shmooshing," scratching and (minor) bruising her, now it had gone public, far from home and was called as a 911. Wow. Now all of a sudden, behaviors which perhaps both sets of parents had seen (and maybe engaged in themselves, especially when younger)...now these behaviors were public and a matter of legal record. A police report was filed. They were made to separate. Made to. By police. And not just one LEO showed up. It must have felt major.

I figure that's why BL left from SLC (and I agree with you who sleuthed the airfare that they might have stayed in the van while he figured out the financing of that). Then...why does he come back? Someone knows something (his parents do).

That LE stop upped their stress levels a lot. It would for anyone. These behaviors, perhaps acceptable to them and common in their life, were now amping up due to road life stress, uncertainty on many levels, financial problems, maturation issues, and now, legal/criminal stress. Just wow. I can't even imagine.

Not that this is important, but a ford f150 is a fullsize truck. The f250 and f350 are basically the same physical size. They just have more heavy duty components to haul and tow higher weights.
Thank you! Always love adding to my understanding of random things (random in this case bc I don't generally have reason to know this for my daily life ).

If, and that's a big if, because we currently have no evidence of it, he is suffering a mental breakdown, none of his behavior will make sense. His speech will be odd, like Mr. Davis described, his appearance will deteriorate, and he very well could talk about Gabby as if she is still alive. Unfortunately, I have also seen that first hand. IME

I think we're mixing apples and oranges. Ahoskie, NC is over near the Albemarle Sound. There's another map showing California, NC north of Asheville, which is in the vicinity in question.

All three come in various lengths and heights.

I believe the 250 and 350 can come with double wheels (deulies) in the back.

The Ranger was taken off the US market for a while but is back. It is smaller than the 150.

It's my understanding that a lot, if not all. F-350"s are diesel and that diesel gives off a distinct engine sound unlike regular gas engines.

When I first viewed Gabby’s published videos, I was quite impressed…

With the content, her creativity, her presentation and the appealing aura.

My previous opinion of “van life" was: “Why on God’s green earth would anyone want to live like that?”

Gabby, however, made “van life” appear (to me) almost surreal and… quite appealing.

From what little I know of Gabby, she appears (to me) as lively, wholesome, enthusiastic, and embracing of all things good and happy.

Contrary to the term OCD, what Gabby used to describe herself during the Moab stop (and I firmly believe BL convinced her of this)...
I see a perfectionist, which, imo, is not OCD but different in that she appears (to me) to be meticulous, organized, thorough and like some folks imo, has personal boundaries accompanied by some pet peeves regarding personal space and/or immediate surroundings.

With that in mind…

I’m guessing/hoping Gabby most likely had an abundance of videos & footage of her & BL’s travels & interactions, perhaps in a designated folder for To-Be-Edited purposes…

And I’m also guessing/hoping Gabby probably had videos & footage(s) of BL acting other than publish-worthy… perhaps footage that she may have considered editing out and then using the edited parts at a later date for another publish-worthyvan life” video.

Does LE physically has Gabby’s computer? IDK

Did Gabby think to make back-ups?
As meticulous & thorough as she appeared to be, I would like to think she did.

I’m aware that in some homicide cases, victims have been known to speak from the grave in various ways that end up helping LE to solve their case.

I’m hoping this is one of those cases.

It has indeed been said in one of the earlier news articles, that "a hard drive" was recovered by police from the van.

It has been widely assumed that this means Gabby's HD.

JMO Simply stated, without wikepedia references, actus reus means intent to act - I intended to swing the bat. Mens rea - I intended to swing the bat and hit you or hurt you (OR not). MOO
And mens rea for a crime depends on the crime and what the relevant criminal statute defines as the intent necessary to be found legally culpable for violation of the statute.

Ex., if charged with 1st degree murder, the requisite mens rea is different than the mens rea required for a charge of voluntary manslaughter.

All three come in various lengths and heights.

I believe the 250 and 350 can come with double wheels (deulies) in the back.

The Ranger was taken off the US market for a while but is back. It is smaller than the 150.

Oh, so THAT's what a dually is.

I don't drive, hence my ignorance, and I did clearly understand in the past from context clues that this indicated something plus-sized, but; TIL, and thanks!

Last edited:
This too. That stop in Moab would have caused anxiety (showing up in Gabby's tears) about their relationship, their entire trip (they would have been stuck in Moab for at least 3-4 weeks and all their reservations and plans ruined, had either of them been charged) and therefore, about her desire to make a living as a vlogger.

She had found a focus for herself (he had not, IMO). IME, when a woman in a controlling relationship does that (finds a true calling or focus for herself), the partner acts out in various ways (unplanned, planned) to ruin it.

If they had indeed been having these "little slap fights" with her punching and scratching him, him "shmooshing," scratching and (minor) bruising her, now it had gone public, far from home and was called as a 911. Wow. Now all of a sudden, behaviors which perhaps both sets of parents had seen (and maybe engaged in themselves, especially when younger)...now these behaviors were public and a matter of legal record. A police report was filed. They were made to separate. Made to. By police. And not just one LEO showed up. It must have felt major.

I figure that's why BL left from SLC (and I agree with you who sleuthed the airfare that they might have stayed in the van while he figured out the financing of that). Then...why does he come back? Someone knows something (his parents do).

That LE stop upped their stress levels a lot. It would for anyone. These behaviors, perhaps acceptable to them and common in their life, were now amping up due to road life stress, uncertainty on many levels, financial problems, maturation issues, and now, legal/criminal stress. Just wow. I can't even imagine.

So do we have a confirmation that this flight back to FL and then back to UTAH really did happen ? I blinked and missed that. If it did happen I am very suspicious as to the motivations - I don't think emptying out a storage container to save money is the full story. KG

Landed or landing at Asheville- so yes medical transport.
Moo...I live near BRP, have frequently traveled, to the Boone, Asheville, Grandfather Mountain.

I don't think we will see an extensive ariel search, as we did in FL. The swamp was fairly flat. The Smokey Mountains have radically elevations changes, steep mountains, sharp drops and a gazillion trees. The canopy is very thick, even after the leaves drop, millions of pines. Lots of areas with ZERO cell signal.

Moo...I think it would take 100% verification, photo, traffic cam footage before TN and NC would have a major search.

Live Traffic Cameras Show Real-Time Road Conditions as Winter Storm Approaches North Carolina

All Moo...

I'm no longer fond of doing my own research online, but it might be Wyoming laws on murder, but this is a Federal case out of Wyoming and I don't know if Federal Law's differ than State Laws. It may vary. jmo

They do, and the case precedents for interpretation of elements of the crime will typically differ.

It's my understanding that a lot, if not all. F-350"s are diesel and that diesel gives off a distinct engine sound unlike regular gas engines.
They're trying to answer a question that asked if it was big. The witness didn't mention anything more than what he thought the make/ model was. I answered it technically incorrectly in an attempt to say that nothing about the description would suggest it would be classified as "big" but it definitely wouldn't be considered small.

Moo...I live near BRP, have frequently traveled, to the Boone, Asheville, Grandfather Mountain.

I don't think we will see an extensive ariel search, as we did in FL. The swamp was fairly flat. The Smokey Mountains have radically elevations changes, steep mountains, sharp drops and a gazillion trees. The canopy is very thick, even after the leaves drop, millions of pines. Lots of areas with ZERO cell signal.

Moo...I think it would take 100% verification, photo, traffic cam footage before TN and NC would have a major search.

Live Traffic Cameras Show Real-Time Road Conditions as Winter Storm Approaches North Carolina

All Moo...

What is the BRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members