Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on this thread mentioned a scenario wherein BL could be shot by a vigilante or vigilantes. I just saw this tweet from a verified account so I'm hoping it is allowed. The person is a Tennessee state representative.

His words:

"This Laundrie dude has been spotted in Cocke county. Someone should have told him that this is the wrong place in TN to hide. My people will shoot thugs like this dead."

https://twitter.com/JeremyFaison4TN/status/1444755325815513092
Maybe back in his granddaddy's day "his people" would shoot someone dead.

But these days, in the advent of social media, people want to be recognized. They're more likely to capture him while wearing GoPro cameras and with their smart phones, game cams and dash cams rolling.

And then they'll demand the bounty.

I agree!
I think they broke up!
He left!
They really need.to.get the text transcripts!
Both phones!
It.would.probably explain.alot!
I.don't think they meed.the phones.to.get.transcripts!

Working in our favor, let's not forget this case has "the FBI" working it.

While I am sure that the state BI's (UtahBI? WyomingBI?) have their own plusses, benefits, and charms; invoking the FBI on a federal level can probably open any door.

I don't believe that we have heard the real story about this flight back to Florida to clear out a storage unit and then a flight back to Utah. The cost of the flight alone would have probably paid for a few months of the rent for a storage unit. JMO
Thank you! Today I was thinking about that storage unit. I wonder if there was one, also, there are generally cameras in paid storage units, so is there video to attest to this? I also wondered if the FBI/LE ever went to the storage unit to check it out; even if empty maybe there could be scent of something. Just my thoughts and MOO.

I have stayed on the outer banks many times. It’s lovely. Don’t know what you mean by that.
In an attempt to diffuse this bickering, I never said I thought he went to California North Carolina. I posted that there were two California’s in North Carolina. That’s it. So to me, it’s either, that it wasn’t Brian Laundry and it was just some guy trying to go to California, North Carolina, or it was BL trying to go to California or North Carolina.

It is okay. <modsnip> Yes the outer banks are lovely, all of the NC coast is lovely, but these are small towns, mostly everyone knows everyone. And there are parts of Eastern NC that BL would be spotted and captured driving through <modsnip> and they would not take kindly to him. Oh, I never accused you of saying he went to California, NC. I am not bickering. I am just responding to back up my opinions and statements. WNC is so totally different from Eastern NC. And I feel strongly that BL is on or near the AT.

Last edited by a moderator:
GP may have been concerned about damage to her credibility as a van life blogger. If she had gotten a citation due to that Moab incident, or if he had left her stranded somewhere, if made public that information could have ruined her chances and all her efforts and investment be lost.
I just "listened" to this guy's accounting for the first time from your Fox News link. Prior to this I had only been reading it. He is so detailed. So specific. He went above and beyond to get someone, anyone, to listen to him. IMOO this guy is not lying. He may be mistaken, but he is not lying. Full stop. MOO

I don't know. Most people have heard about him. He may come near to Asheville for supplies, but people who run even little stores would likely recognize him.
Let’s hope. But, he’s made it that far without being caught so I’m not so sure I’m convinced people would spot him and or whether authorities would take it seriously.

Thank you. What if she had become sick or hurt? I would have been terrified, praying for daylight.
And she told us herself in one of the videos or links that was posted on some of the 50 threads that she didn't like to drive the van. She was not comfortable. To me only, the thought that she might have to drive it cross county alone back to Blue Point, or worse be left stranded with no vehicle, identification, money, or phone, were both equally terrifying results to her. MOO

Oh, so not a place he would reasonably expect a random stranger to know. If that were his destination, he'd have said "the city, not the state" JMO
No, but a AT hiker might know where one gets on the Trans America Trail (backroads across country). I think Wikipedia or another site I looked at said the start point (several have been added over the years) is in eastern Tennessee.

Last edited:
If he's alive he wouldn't be asking somebody for directions. It would be pretty much the last thing he would do. Where did he get the pickup? Why no phone so he can get his own directions? He would need money for gas... it was dark... There's just no way. Does not add up at all.
If he wants to plead insanity it makes a lot of sense. Especially, if he knows he’s close to being caught..

There are some people here on WS who think BL might still be inside his parents' house. That's how crazy this case is. <modsnip>, because if the FBI can't get to him inside that house (so far), and is behaving as if he isn't there, it's unlikely the randos with bullhorns and shouting are going to get the family to cooperate with LE.

I do think people like showing up in videos on Twitter, though. A lot. I used to follow a lot of celebrity trials and was amazed to show up for 1-2 days of trial watching or trial crowd watching if I couldn't get in, and see the same people - even if it was in a different state. I was taking notes (this was before cell phones) and had a little digital camera. I came up with names for these characters, so I could note how many times I saw them. Some of them just wouldn't quit and I'd see them on TV in other states, at another celebrity trial.

Crime groupies are a thing. There is crime tourism, for example.

No way he's in that house with FBI going in and out on numerous occasions (I think we are up to 4 including the initial van seizure) and the Laundries never knowing when they'll next show up next. MOO

Last edited:
Oh, so not a place he would reasonably expect a random stranger to know. If that were his destination, he'd have said "the city, not the state" JMO

Do we really need to spend so much time parsing this out, though?

(As our mods might say, "This post lands at random", and isn't meant to signal you out above and beyond any and everyone else discussing it; I just chose to stick my flag in the mountainside by this comment.)

IMO, the point and goal is to figure out "where Brian might have gone".

Again IMO, "if this man is/was in fact Brian", then it seems extremely unlikely that he would ever mean "California, North Carolina", no matter how askew his worldview was at this point (again, IMO); simply because "California, North Carolina" was never a Brian + Gabby destination.

Thus, if it's an innocent random person, IMO it's possible said random person could mean "California, NC".

If it's in fact shown to be Brian, I consider it next to impossible that he would be gunning for "California NC"; nor, in turn, that he would be perceiving it as having something to do with Gabby.

Again, not trying to dictate the course of the conversation; just pointing out these potential time-wasting tangents early in the game before they derail entire multiple threads.

I mean, someone a few threads ago even wanted me to consider the statistics about the overall likely theft of Ford F-150s; which literally has zero to do with inside baseball, because we're not trying to measure "how often any F-150 driving down the road gets stolen in general"; because our topic is, did BRIAN steal a vehicle, and in particular the single vehicle being referenced by our tipster, KWIM? ;)

No, it's not North of Asheville, not even on this map. It's way down east.

Follow 23 N from Asheville, it a little community on the right. In NC and VA we have little areas/pockets of houses/families, maybe settled years ago and were named by locals. They are listed on maps. They aren't large enough to be a official towns or cities, named to identify a small area, usually away from a town.

Not sure I explained this very well.

Yes, the City California is over towards the coast. It is possible that is the area he's trying to reach, if so he's way off track. He may have a hidden house in the rural California community, from Google it appears remote, lots of heavy tree cover, or the coast or CA the state. But it is odd their being a community by that name.

The link I posted has satellite and terrain features you can click on under the map.

Who knows where BL is????

Moo...

Last edited:
True, but we must remember he is not sane and is likely losing what is left of his mind day by day ... Let's keep hoping.
I hope that makes it easier to find him. On the other hand, if I had not been able to sleuth out where my family member was, he most likely would have ended up homeless in Atlanta and his family might have never seen him again. Not a fugitive, but purposely missing due to mental crisis. It's a big world when their behavior is nonsensical and unpredictable. Brian could be anywhere. We can't discount anything because it doesn't seem logical. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1