Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure LE said they would not make him available, so I had the impression they asked to speak to him and they refused. Imo
That's semantics. Legally they have no right to deny le permission to speak to BL. All they have is the right to deny LE entry into their home without a warrant. If there is a trial for obstruction it will be an important legal point.

Holy heck. I’m watching this now on the WFLA live. Wonder if TikTok paid for this? I have never seen anything like this in a case. Ever.

Well, today we live in a world of constant protest. The more outrageous, the more correct we must be. It seems the protests are more about influence than the issue itself.

Last edited:
Addition: She may also be the most upsetting to BL given the widespread reports about how fond he is of her children. Taking her in (if they ever could) may be better than the parents. Her under fire might be the best chance of flushing him out. MOO
Another reason to believe BL wouldn't have created that liability in the first place. JMO

Holy heck. I’m watching this now on the WFLA live. Wonder if TikTok paid for this? I have never seen anything like this in a case. Ever.
IMO Big waste of money...................Parents are not outside, so only see it online or tv and it will not motivate them to do anything or say anything.

MOO but legally I don't think they refused to make BL available, but rather refused LE permission to enter their home without a warrant and then said that all future communications should go through their lawyer. BL is an adult, he could have made himself available if he wanted to.

I don't think BL was even there. But my point when I was discussing it was that someone posted an article that said the police did not know and were not aware of GP's items inside the house. I was saying that meant they didn't even go inside to look and see if she was in there or where she lived.

I don't believe they needed a warrant to go check and see if the missing person was in her house. They have probable cause because her van is out front. And I'd like to know by what warrant they took the van? Or did they take it for probable cause? If the article I read said they didn't identify Gabby's personal items, that means they went in the house and looked at the stuff, so I not even sure why we're talking about what they did or didn't do with a warrant because they did it either way.

Ah, thank you. Makes sense now. Tick tock, time’s up.

I’m stunned. As angry as I am at BL and the Laundries, the activity may be approaching witch hunt status.

did you see footage of the other banner that was flown a few days ago?

We're probably not going to know the answer to this unless there is a trial. We talked about this in-depth a couple weeks back, and I put links in the media-only thread with the only information we have to date.

Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

Gabby's family is the only one talking about it -- or at least was. Her mother says there is misinformation about it, so they aren't discussing it.

In this Nancy Grace interview, at 10 minutes in and at about 33 minutes in, the mother discusses it but also says (33 minutes in) that Gabby and Brian tidied up and tossed a lot of things before the trip. If that is true, it really would make no sense for him to go home in the middle of the trip to move stuff for storage purposes.

'VAN-LIFE GIRL' GABBY PARENTS SPEAK OUT as Boyfriend Hides Out at Parents' Home

The dates are also in question, and given the way GP reacted to spending one night alone and away from Brian when the police advised it, I have a hard time believing she was okay with being put in a hotel for an entire week without him.
Some have said he planned the mini trip in advance. Maybe, but if so, it wasn't for the purpose of moving Gabby's things out of storage (if what her mom says is true about them already taking care of their things before leaving).

Some have said they were moving her things out of storage and into the house because they couldn't afford the storage. I don't know where this idea comes from, but again, this should have been dealt with before leaving, and I would think a roundtrip ticket PLUS a hotel stay would be way more than just paying the storage for two or three more months until they returned home from the van trip. 7 days at the Fairfield even at $100 a night (lowballing) has to be more than storage, not to mention the flight also. That's why I also would think that if Brian left for that reason, he'd be in a hurry to get back and wouldn't be gone an entire week anyway.

Of course Gabby could have lied to her mom about why she was in the hotel room, but I feel like Gabby has to lie an awful lot in some of these theories for them to work. I've heard that Gabby lies about the storage because she doesn't want to tell her mom that Brian really walked out on her. I've heard Gabby lied about the fight at MoonFlower to protect Brian, but I don't subscribe to the idea that Gabby's lying all the time.

So I don't know what happened with this "trip home" or what the Petito's have mistaken about it -- if it happened. On the one hand, you'd think Gabby's family would know she spent a week alone even if they aren't sure why, but on the other, I don't know that Gabbywouldn't have been flipping out about it to the point that her dad would have felt the need to go out there -- like he said he would if he found out BL left her there.

Additionally, in the sister's interview, they ask her if BL ever did that before -- left GP somewhere. And for what it's worth, the sister claimed he'd never done anything like that before. So that negates anyone's theory that she was trying to say "he flew home because that's what he did when he is..." She uses two different tenses, and I don't know what she is getting at, but she can't say he never left her before but then hint that he did leave her, so I think she was trying to say something else. But again, others think she really is referring to the mini trip.

Brian could have walked out on her and threatened to throw her things in storage away when he got home, but I don't see that as a detail her mom would misconstrue or that wouldn't send her father flying out to Utah.

I've doubted that he flew home, and the reasoning just didn't make sense. Also, in my experience, when parents don't care for a boyfriend or a girlfriend, as it seems Gabby's dad felt about Brian (Brianne), I think kids are more likely to lie to keep their parents from being angry. JMOO, but I can imagine Gabby's dad not wanting her to stay in the van by herself if Brian was gone a few days, so he might have sprung for the hotel room. And, the pizza one day.

Something like that--getting off the road and into a comfy hotel--could have been all Brian's idea, and he convinced Gabby to lie to her parents. I imagine van life would get pretty old, pretty quickly, if you didn't really love it.

Knowing Gabby's mom said the information was "mistaken," leads me to believe she originally was told BL flew home, but when the FBI started looking into it, it was probably easy to determine he hadn't flown at all.

Service is really spotty in parts of western NC/eastern TN. He may not have known where he could go to get totally in range, or it may not have been possible without a long drive away from where he was. As far as safety, I would absolutely never stop and make a call out in nowheresville Haywood Co (or nearby TN) in the wee hours of the morning if I had any other choice... it is dark, wooded, and remote out there. There also may not have been a good pull-off nearby, and people fly through those roads even at night, so it may not have been ideal for that reason. Can't speak to DD's exact location, but that's my take being somewhat familiar with the area.

True. But I also wouldn't stop for a guy in a truck waving me down through an open window at 12:50 am (the reported time of the actual encounter.) And DD was there to leave a car for his hiking group in the trail head parking lot so I don't think he could have been alone....
JMO

The more I think about DD and other sightings, the more I go, hum.

Maybe its just me, but I would have followed the dude, while I called 911, before I stopped to look up a photo.

A couple years ago, I witnessed a hit and run at the bank. I didn't stop to think, I threw my Jeep into 4wd, ran over the curb and sidewalk, passed the cars in the drive thru and took off after the driver. I called 911, while whipping about side streets. The 911 operator warned me not to, but also said, I'm tracking you and have help in route. I didn't let up, til they turned into a dead end and I was trapped. LE showed up seconds later with guns drawn. Five large guys, two were armed and the the vehicle was stolen.

I never stopped to think, never took my eyes off "that car". I know if I had spotted BL or his look alike, LE would show up. If for no other reason than me following a citizen.

No, just not sure DD saw BL.
Moo....

I've doubted that he flew home, and the reasoning just didn't make sense. Also, in my experience, when parents don't care for a boyfriend or a girlfriend, as it seems Gabby's dad felt about Brian (Brianne), I think kids are more likely to lie to keep their parents from being angry. JMOO, but I can imagine Gabby's dad not wanting her to stay in the van by herself if Brian was gone a few days, so he might have sprung for the hotel room. And, the pizza one day.

Something like that--getting off the road and into a comfy hotel--could have been all Brian's idea, and he convinced Gabby to lie to her parents. I imagine van life would get pretty old, pretty quickly, if you didn't really love it.

Knowing Gabby's mom said the information was "mistaken," leads me to believe she originally was told BL flew home, but when the FBI started looking into it, it was probably easy to determine he hadn't flown at all.
I wonder what he did at that time then. It would be very interesting to know where he was. I am having a feeling there is a bit we don't know about the time frame from August 12 onward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08