Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But I also wouldn't stop for a guy in a truck waving me down through an open window at 12:50 am (the reported time of the actual encounter.) And DD was there to leave a car for his hiking group in the trail head parking lot so I don't think he could have been alone....
JMO

leave a car? so he towed a car to that parking lot?

I think it is a concerted goodwill gesture.
Nice to see a collective to come together for justice.
Wish they would do it for every case. Perhaps I should say 'we' rather than 'they'?
Feels to be heart energy to me.
JMO

This is money spent for advertising rather than justice.

Money for justice could be better spent on raising the reward.

Well, we don't even know if Brian was there at that point. LE stated that neither Brian or his parents were cooperating with the investigation. They may have asked to speak to him but we don't know what LE was told. Imo
Didn’t they hand LE their attorney’s card and told them to call him?
I may have that wrong though, but kind of what I remember.

But
Are you guys talking about the well visit check on September 10th?

Well, the reason I asked this is because if the police were met with a note on 9/10 - with their attorney contact information - before she was officially reported missing, this is another piece I will collect to my "they knew in advance" evidence collection and therefore, they may have some serious exposure. It's another brick in the building blocks of a potential case. MOO
But how far in advance? 10th? 6th? 1st? 30th? Right after the killing? Each of those have different consequences, not to mention exactly what do they "know". There's soooo many questions.

Are you guys talking about the well visit check on September 10th?

Well, the reason I asked this is because if the police were met with a note on 9/10 - with their attorney contact information - before she was officially reported missing, this is another piece I will collect to my "they knew in advance" evidence collection and therefore, they may have some serious exposure. It's another brick in the building blocks of a potential case. MOO

No. That's not what I was discussing. I was talking about when the police said they didn't identify any items in the Laundrie home as belonging to Gabby. I said it made me think they never went inside to identify if the missing person was inside her home, where her van was parked. By missing person, I mean the investigation had started already.

Have you read about the capture of John Freeman Colt? As someone who follows National Park news pretty closely, especially in Utah (where I go frequently), I was pretty alarmed to learn he was within a couple of miles of where I was when he was captured. Apparently, they knew he was traveling from National Park to National Park, or otherwise staying on nearby lands.

According to locals in Moab, he is a suspect in the death of Kylen and Crystal, although of course, LE isn't saying so.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/crime/how-a-wanted-fugitive-from-kansas-was-caught-in-southern-utah

But search his name - there's way more to the story and other locations where LE thought he had been. I was pretty surprised to learn that some good friends of mine must have been very near him, as they were at Capitol Reef at the same time.
Interesting. On the bright side, at least BL’s defense can’t use JFC to create reasonable doubt regarding Gabby. Apparently he was “camping out at state and national parks in Utah, Colorado, Missouri, New Mexico, South Dakota and Texas”. Wyoming not listed…
Utah deputies arrest fugitive sex offender who escaped mental institution and hid in national parks - News Nation USA

I don't think BL was even there. But my point when I was discussing it was that someone posted an article that said the police did not know and were not aware of GP's items inside the house. I was saying that meant they didn't even go inside to look and see if she was in there or where she lived.

I don't believe they needed a warrant to go check and see if the missing person was in her house. They have probable cause because her van is out front. And I'd like to know by what warrant they took the van? Or did they take it for probable cause? If the article I read said they didn't identify Gabby's personal items, that means they went in the house and looked at the stuff, so I not even sure why we're talking about what they did or didn't do with a warrant because they did it either way.

I am not a lawyer so you need to ask one those questions. I just don't know what they had probable cause of. GP was a missing person and not yet a victim of a crime. The car, I don't know.

But

But how far in advance? 10th? 6th? 1st? 30th? Right after the killing? Each of those have different consequences, not to mention exactly what do they "know". There's soooo many questions.
IMO, it only takes one of those days. As long as they hired an attorney before anyone was "notified" that is pretty strong circumstantial evidence that they knew he would need an attorney, IMOO. Not fact. Circumstantial as in if you look out of your window and see someone walking down the street with an open umbrella, you can fairly conclude it must be raining. If this is true, coupled with the camping reservations, it's another brick that they knew something in advance. MOO. What happened on exactly what dates in this case is very important IMOO.

Last edited:

I agree. My son is quite involved in this social media stuff and yes, we wait for uploads and downloads to accomplish this when travelling. Neither of their follower counts or social media involvement prior to this trip stands out as something they care much about. It is just odd to me. MOO.

Also, having just done our own custom van refit for the trip we took in June as a precursor to many more to come, we subscribe to many of the same monetized Vanlife channels. Nothing either of them produced fit into this space or category. Most of that type of money making content includes either product promotion and/or insight, advice, education, tips or tricks filmed and shared with talking involved, not just video collages with a music background. It is all very odd to me and makes little sense. Again MOO![/QUOTE]

I thought we established through her police interrogation. Gabby ultimately wanted to be a travel writer (? I thought she said ‘writer’; she may have said ‘blogger’.)

To that extent, it seems like she would be most interested in talking about locales, or doing a travelogue.

Can anyone please help me out here.
I can only use my phone or tablet. Mainly my Iphone
It is discouraging when I cannot upload anything to this website. Can anyone please help me out so I can upload documents and photos to this thread

a moderator can probably talk you through doing it directly to them in the private messaging function.

Finally looked at the maps and figured out where DD and his siting were.

The comment about staying on "this road," he could get to California. US 70 runs pretty close to parallel to I-40 (in some places they are one in the same) from the North Carolina coast until it gets to North Little Rock, AR where it heads southwest through the Quachitas toward Texas. I don't think US 70 makes it all the way to California, but it does go to Arizona.

Should any of the report from DD be accurate and BL was traveling US 70, he could be within a few miles of my house right about now. US70 through North Little Rock is a rough area tho, he wouldn't stop. He'd like the Quachitas, but it's nearly deer season and those mountains are crawling with Arkansas hunters getting their deer leases ready.

Well, we don't even know if Brian was there at that point. LE stated that neither Brian or his parents were cooperating with the investigation. They may have asked to speak to him but we don't know what LE was told. Imo

I'm just saying that the Laundrie family has no legal right to deny LE's request to speak to BL because BL is not a minor child. He is an adult. All they can do is attempt deny LE access to the home.

leave a car? so he towed a car to that parking lot?

If you're hiking point to point, you usually park somebody's car at the end, then drive back to the start, so that when you get to the end, you have a vehicle to drive back to where the rest of the cars are parked. Often called "car spotting."

So there was probably another car driving behind DD, and when he got to the lot and parked, he'd get in that car with his friend and they'd be going back to the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18