Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whether BL killed Gabby, or not, he was selfish and uncaring to just leave the Tetons without reporting Gabby missing, injured or dead. He just left her. The only possible scenario that can possibly justify his actions would be if she left him with someone else. Even then , when her family reported her missing, he should have given LE the last location of the van snd where he last saw her. Instead , he refused to meet with or talk to LE, her family, friends or even drop a note. Gabby’s body was not fount for several days and only because a Youtuber recognized it in their videos.
Maybe he did think she had gone off and left him, and when he eventually realized she was missing he felt ashamed, embarrassed, guilty and scared that he misjudged the situation and blames himself. And realizes that no matter what he says, he will be accused. Just a thought...

Brian Laundrie stole, used Gabby Petito's credit card and 'ran from' police: family attorney

The Petito family’s attorney and spokesperson, Richard Stafford stated, “Brian Laundrie stole Gabby Petito’s credit card and used it to travel home, where he returned in the beginning of September, "and then ran from the police.”

Stafford later added: "I don't know what story he's going to try to tell, but it's not going to make any sense when you put it together with his actions from that moment forward – that he's running, that he's hiding, that he's trying to deceive everybody around him."

Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino declined to comment.
Now the Petito family attorney s breaking his silence on SB's actions on behalf of the parents and Brian. Tensions are really starting to build but I'm surprised he lasted this long in the face of the other side's multi-day press texts. MOO

Now the Petito family attorney s breaking his silence on SB's actions on behalf of the parents and Brian. Tensions are really starting to build but I'm surprised he lasted this long in the face of the other side's multi-day press texts. MOO
That last sentence wasn’t a quote from the Petito’s lawyer (regarding Bertolino) just FYI, so I don’t think he called out the lawyer directly. But yes indirectly in regards to the story Brian would try to tell.

Maybe he did think she had gone off and left him, and when he eventually realized she was missing he felt ashamed, embarrassed, guilty and scared that he misjudged the situation and blames himself. And realizes that no matter what he says, he will be accused. Just a thought...
So ashamed and upset that he drained her bank account and took her van? So ashamed he immediately went camping with his family upon returning home and is pictured relaxed and smiling? Not buying it.
None of his actions has indicated remorse or grief. Just guilt and an attempt to evade LE. Jmo

Is there anyone here that is interested in or hopes that Brian is found to be innocent of Gabby's death?

Isn't that the best outcome for HER and her decisions, that we are aware of? The most respectful result?

I know it looks grim and is hard to imagine given the information that has carefully been shared with us, for sure.

But if we as a group had the ability to choose, would we prefer her fiance/boyfriend or a stranger, (or group of strangers)? And why?

It is odd that Brian hasn't been charged. I understand the tactic, but why no big blast about being dangerous to others?

Is there any precedent for someone suspected of murder to be categorized as a missing person, wanted only on debit card fraud? (Or something similar?)

It is rare, in this forum, for anyone to mention the possibility of Brian's innocence. And I absolutely understand that even though he is presumed innocent by law, that is not applicable here. The actions just don't mesh with guilt TO ME. Too weird. All of it!!! I am happy to eat my words if I am wrong. So want some answers. MOO MOO!
JMOO, but Gabby's opinion of BL in the past is not the point right now. It's almost blaming the victim to say her love for BL means we shouldn't judge BL's actions after her death. We owe it to every victim to find out the truth. Obviously she was trying to plan a happy future with BL she will never have. But her opinions may have changed drastically in the last few seconds of her life. Or maybe she never saw it coming, and died thinking highly of him. Either way she is a victim now and the facts of the case are more important than her love for BL. JMOO

The article also mentions California, GA that is 3 hours from where DD saw him.
I've read somewhere else that the FBI spoke with the man DD spotted in the white truck and it wasn't BL. Can't reference that thread here... and they're not mentioning a source.

#edited to add that it was an interview with DTBH's son

Last edited:
This is fantastic. Thank you for posting this.She is the only reporter I have seen (thanks to you) to ask this question. I have always believed that the answer to this question is critical. I have also believed the answer to this question is before September 10th; possibly even before September 1st. MOO. Notice how he covered? That he's been their atty for 30 years? This is not looking good for those parents IMO.
Honestly, he answered her first question exactly like I would expect. Her question was overly broad and not limited in time. I think she does do a great job about asking the questions everybody wants to know, but sometimes they're not very targeted. You know when she's got a good one because the answer is no comment.

I wish she'd followed up on that 9/13 conversation, was it in person, face time?

So ashamed and upset that he drained her bank account and took her van? So ashamed he immediately went camping with his family upon returning home and is pictured relaxed and smiling? Not buying it.
None of his actions has indicated remorse or grief. Just guilt and an attempt to evade LE. Jmo

Exactly. One can see just how happy he looked in the photo his sister released of him camping after GP's homicide. The suggestion that he is remorseful will be laughed out of the court room.

For me, he lost the presumption of innocent when he left Wyoming. His decision to go on the run only further convinces me of his guilt. It also diminishes any sort of I snapped defense, IMO. He should have stayed in Florida, if in fact he returned after the DV incident.

Bounty Hunter says Laundrie manhunt ‘more dangerous' as evidence DNA tested

Dog's team said they handed over evidence to police hoping that DNA testing would prove it belonged to Brian.

The spokesperson said: "Dog has turned over evidence to the authorities including items found on one of the islands near Fort De Soto Park. It is his hope that DNA can be assessed to prove Laundries' presence.

"In addition, he has had multiple conversations with law enforcement."

The reward for any information leading to Laundrie's arrest now stands at $180,000 after Dog contributed to the fund.

Re BL's DNA -- Hoping the FBI has a solid, reliable example of his DNA. Wonder how they got it -- artifacts from his home via what his parents gave them? Other sources in the van? Traces from a murder weapon? Sweaty tee-shirt or other clothing? Shoes? Just hoping what the FBI has is solid, solid, solid.
Also hoping that Dog was able to find a true item/s with BL's DNA.
Oh, Dog's info has taken my breath away. Fingers crossed. Please, let it be so.
The FBI, I'm sure, will not disclose anything about DNA till BL is found and charged, or before he is buried (if only his body is found).
Soon, please soon. Fingers still crossed.

Regardless of whether BL killed Gabby, or not, he was selfish and uncaring to just leave the Tetons without reporting Gabby missing, injured or dead. He just left her. The only possible scenario that can possibly justify his actions would be if she left him with someone else. Even then , when her family reported her missing, he should have given LE the last location of the van snd where he last saw her. Instead , he refused to meet with or talk to LE, her family, friends or even drop a note. Gabby’s body was not fount for several days and only because a Youtuber recognized it in their videos.

This is growing into an urban legend. The youtubers "Red, White and Bethune" are not the reason her body was found. It was the first time, at least for anyone outside LE, that there was video evidence of the van parked at Spread Creek. LE already had witness statements of where the van was parked and were already searching the Spread Creek area on Friday, Sep 17th. The Bethune's saw that coverage and searched their video footage the following night (Saturday night), notified LE and then uploaded the video on Sunday September 19th, the day her body was found.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

D'oh! That's right. The search warrant was executed on the 14th and an external hard drive was found, but the van was initially seized on the 11th.

ETA-that Sept 11th date may have been when they began planning for Brian to disappear.
Or even before. MOO

Accused is a whole lot different than charged & convicted IMO. & right now…all he is doing is continuing to write a story that would royally not sit well at all with a jury. I could see this behavior just flying all over them. Innocent people don’t run. That’s all obviously JMO. :)

Looks more like a black covid type fave mask than a beard. Head hair is grown out and lighter but I would expect a dye job from a fugitive. Ears are obstructed by sunglasses at night and face mask ear loops.

Hmm possibly but here in Georgia, there aren't a lot of people wearing masks I mean like the vast majority. But yea now that I zoomed in it could be a mask but that doesn't preclude his arms look bigger too me a lot bigger, and the tattoo is wrong.

Gabby Petito update: FBI’s decision to hold victim’s remains, cause of death ‘very unusual,’ Dr. Baden says
FBI withholding Gabby's cause of death is 'very unusual,' expert says

Gabby Petito update: FBI’s decision to hold victim’s remains, cause of death ‘very unusual,’ Dr. Baden says

Baden, who has worked on a bevy of high profile cases such as the death of Jeffrey Epstein, said: "I think the FBI would be very cautious about things because they don't want to make a mistake.

"Whatever reasons they're withholding, it is very unusual."

He added: "I think that the only reason would be, you're concerned that you're missing something, but that should not be a concern, because whatever is needed to investigate the death from the point of view of the medical examiner will be seen, documented and could be retained."

"In 2021, where anything of value can be document[ed], retained, tested on day one or two or three, there's no reason to keep the whole body from the family," he continued.

Baden characterized officials as doing the exact "reverse" of what is typically done by releasing the manner of death before the cause.

Generally speaking, Baden says, releasing a victim’s manner of death implies that the cause is already known.

"Now, what they're saying is, whatever they found, they've ruled out accidents, suicides, or natural deaths that could cause it," he added.
I listened to a video with two coroners out of NYC and they said the same thing regarding the lack of a COD.. They also raised their eyebrows, if you will, over the fact that the coroner is actually a family practice doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member