Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the same bracelet that was in the pumpkin pic that started this. I was just showing a closer view. Here is the pumpkin pic with the same "hairband"
gabby-petito-with-a-crochet-pumpkin.jpg

maybe the term ‘hair band’ is throwing you. Is the term ‘ponytail holder’ more familiar?

It’s horrible that her kids, and all the neighbors kids on those streets, have to hear protestors screaming pretty graphic things like “he murdered Gabby”. If her kids found out Gabby died that way? Awful. Something to think about when interacting with innocent bystanders around. Especially children. Especially children who knew and loved Gabby. Do it respectfully.

All the kids in the area are probably afraid a murderer is on the loose. (And their parents know there really is one!) I don’t like that aspect of the protests at all. And the fact that Gabby’s *nephews could’ve found out about her death that way and about all of it like that is really troubling.

*future, at one point

Last edited:
I wondered that too. Are there 3 seatbelts in the back of the Mustang? jmo

BL drives 30+ hrs to FL. The toll road camera timestamps the van’s arrival in Florida just before 11 AM on Sept 1. Brian and his parent (s) go to Cassie’s (45 min away from BL’s— is this correct?) after picking up kids from school (2-3pm-ish?) How is this dude not exhausted/asleep?

Must’ve been so eager to see his sister and talk about nothing important.

Do you ever wonder--if BL killed her and had plans to go onto hiding--why he went home? Why didn't he just stay out west and hide? I don't know if they ever catch perpetrators who murder on national parks.
I feel it was because he has never had to take care of his self in any way. So he panicked and ran home to momma so she could take care of everything- just like she always has. Jmo

I haven't been too confident in Denis' comments--I've thought he may be earnest but mistaken. However, I wonder if Denis was on the way to the trail, is it possible BL could have thought this person was safe to ask because he assumed DD was going to be pretty off-grid for a while? I hadn't thought about that before...

Hm, that's a good thought.

I don't see any reason to doubt that they were car spotting for a hike. He seems to sincerely believe he saw BL, but that doesn't mean he's right.

I believe BL is alive and IMO the longer this goes on like a cat and mouse game and his feeling like he’s “winning,” the more likely he’ll become dangerous to others if confronted. Ppl should beware jmo.

Gabby Petito update: FBI’s decision to hold victim’s remains, cause of death ‘very unusual,’ Dr. Baden says
https://www.the-sun.com/news/3799082/fbi-withholding-gabby-petito-cause-of-death-unusual/
FBI withholding Gabby's cause of death is 'very unusual,' expert says

Gabby Petito update: FBI’s decision to hold victim’s remains, cause of death ‘very unusual,’ Dr. Baden says

Baden, who has worked on a bevy of high profile cases such as the death of Jeffrey Epstein, said: "I think the FBI would be very cautious about things because they don't want to make a mistake.

"Whatever reasons they're withholding, it is very unusual."

He added: "I think that the only reason would be, you're concerned that you're missing something, but that should not be a concern, because whatever is needed to investigate the death from the point of view of the medical examiner will be seen, documented and could be retained."

"In 2021, where anything of value can be document[ed], retained, tested on day one or two or three, there's no reason to keep the whole body from the family," he continued.

Baden characterized officials as doing the exact "reverse" of what is typically done by releasing the manner of death before the cause.

Generally speaking, Baden says, releasing a victim’s manner of death implies that the cause is already known.

"Now, what they're saying is, whatever they found, they've ruled out accidents, suicides, or natural deaths that could cause it," he added.
Sorry, but IMOO, did Baden do an autopsy when the only POI was on the run, not in custody, and seems to have had up to a possible 10 day start? They're holding it back until the get him in a room. MOO

Do you ever wonder--if BL killed her and had plans to go onto hiding--why he went home? Why didn't he just stay out west and hide? I don't know if they ever catch perpetrators who murder on national parks.

He is delusional enough to think he could talk his way out of anything. Perhaps the L's explained to him how that will never happen and he went on the run from there. IMO.

I haven't been too confident in Denis' comments--I've thought he may be earnest but mistaken. However, I wonder if Denis was on the way to the trail, is it possible BL could have thought this person was safe to ask because he assumed DD was going to be pretty off-grid for a while? I hadn't thought about that before...

I don't think Brian would assume anything that Dennis was doing, without Dennis at minimum telling him this.

I mean, roads run both ways. It's not like the route to the Appalachian Trail has only one opening. Couldn't Dennis just as easily cruise right on past an entrance?

BL drives 30+ hrs to FL. The toll road camera timestamps the van’s arrival in Florida just before 11 AM on Sept 1. Brian and his parent (s) go to Cassie’s (45 min away from BL’s— is this correct?) after picking up kids from school (2-3pm-ish?) How is this dude not exhausted/asleep?

He could have been wired from caffeine or something. Or possibly still feeling the rush of adrenaline...?
JMOO

maybe the term ‘hair band’ is throwing you. Is the term ‘ponytail holder’ more familiar?
Ok. Look! They are wearing the same hairband! It doesn't matter what it is, they look the same . Jmo

It’s horrible that her kids, and all the neighbors kids on those streets, have to hear protestors screaming pretty graphic things like “he murdered Gabby”. If her kids found out Gabby died that way? Awful. Something to think about when interacting with innocent bystanders around. Especially children. Especially children who knew and loved Gabby. Do it respectfully.

All the kids in the area are probably afraid a murderer is on the loose. (And their parents know there really is one!) I don’t like that aspect of the protests at all. And the fact that Gabby’s *nephews could’ve found out about her death that way and about all of it like that is really troubling.

*future, at one point

yep those protesters aren't thinking about any of the innocent bystanders

They wanted to plant a story jmo

Now the Petito family attorney s breaking his silence on SB's actions on behalf of the parents and Brian. Tensions are really starting to build but I'm surprised he lasted this long in the face of the other side's multi-day press texts. MOO
Stafford not Petito lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member