Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has been their attorney for 20 years, would he necessarily have an attorney/client agreement for this particular situation? I know its a logical and intelligent thing to do, but its not a legal requirement is it? My feeling all along is that the family didn't contact him about this until the cops showed up or maybe a little earlier when the Petito family started calling. Its even possible that when LE came and started asking question, they just took his card off the frig and handed it to them and then called SB and said "um, hey, BTW, well, see, the cops might be calling you about Brian's girlfriend going missing. Well, um, no, Brian's right here. He came back in her van without her. ... Steve, you still there? Steve .... ok, well. So, umm, yeah, we'll just sit tight right here with our mouths shut until you get back to us."
I don't know how far we can go with him after Tiff's last post but IMO I would think he needs a retainer for this matter to establish the privilege for this matter, could be wrong. And, I think he may be busy changing dates now unless the date the Laundries handed LE his contact info would render that a nullity. He may be boxed in already. MOO IMO

He has a unique skull shape also - I won’t give any other adjectives - and a short and sloping forehead. This guy in photo looks the same.
Yes he does and I was looking for a picture that shows the occipital condyle. The man in the picture has a very prominent one. Almost looks like a knot. This photo looks more like him than any I've seen.

Hopefully a verified attorney will confirm, but in the US, criminal defendants are entitled to a jury of their peers under the Constitution. I know you can elect a bench trial in civil cases, but I don't know if you can elect a bench trial in a criminal case. jmo

Well, the posted link does say felony bench trials .. which would not be a civil case. imo

"Felony bench trials typically last a few hours."

Hmm possibly but here in Georgia, there aren't a lot of people wearing masks I mean like the vast majority. But yea now that I zoomed in it could be a mask but that doesn't preclude his arms look bigger too me a lot bigger, and the tattoo is wrong.
Why do you think the tattoo is wrong?

Is it just me, but do you even recognize half of the county names listed in a weather advisory? Lolol, I do not!
I've never heard of so many Californias! I have head of Floridas and Miami (Ohio) I think, but this is a bit crazy. I thought DD's tip was so great - until we learn there are 75 (exaggeration of course) Californias, lol!

Well, if CL in fact does knows more from the Campground meeting with BL because it could/might have been about how to proceed after GP murder on Sept 6th, no one is going to rat her out because it would incriminating them. MOO. Also, it would be incredible for all three members of his family to hold up and not spill the beans under so much public pressure and media presence.

Snipped from NBCnewyork.com.

Cassie has changed her story AFTER being outed at the Sept 6th Camp DeSoto family gathering.

Remember ...
"The only other member of the family who has spoken out is Laundrie's sister, Cassie, who revealed in an interview that she hasn't spoken to her brother since he returned to his Florida home from his and Petito's cross-country "van life" trip without Petito."

"I haven't been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him. I cooperated every way that I can. I wish I had information or I would give more. This is all I have. I gave it to the police," she said.

By the time she gave the interview is was long passed Sept 6th when she did, in fact ,see and spend time with her brother.

Well, the part I bolded is an outright lie. She never said she hadn't talked to him since he came home. She only said, and your second quote contains it, in response to a question asking what is the oddest thing about all this, "I haven't been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him." She didn't give a timeline for that, but in the next sentence, left out in the quote above, is that she thinks its because the lawyers won't let him. That to me, gives the timeline for the period in which she hasn't been able to talk to him, ie since the lawyers got involved.

So I wouldn't believe anything an an article that manipulated quoted conversations like that.

Funny you should mention that.

Someone posted the 8/19 post from Gabby’s Instagram. This was during the time when we now know that Brian was back in in FL. This is one of her last two posts, along with the “Happy Halloween”post, that had no location tag.

This one is the photo looking out the door of the camper, and you see Gabby’s legs and you can also see Brian in the photograph, but the wording to the caption about littering sounds like Brian more than Gabby.

I find it strange. We know that Gabby was still alive during that time because of the sightings afterward, so why was Brian posting as Gabby?

It’s my opinion he controlled her phone and that was part of the tension, especially considering part of the point of the trip was to fulfill HER aspirations on social media. It follows why he criticized her ability to be successful in that medium and it also follows why she was trying to get her phone from him per the witness statement during the domestic in Moab.

What was he good at? Seriously, he is remarkably irresponsible and spoiled. Jmo
Gabby was simply on a journey to enjoy what our parks offer. And you nudged me to bring that up. I think her idea in her travels was to share an experience with others. She was enjoying the incrediable beauty that is North America, USA... she actually took on a venture that should have given her wonderful memories.
I don't know what contribution Brian made to that project. I bring that up because he was along with her for that dream.

That's a really interesting idea! Especially as the lawyer previously revised the phone purchase date (with mom) down from his original statement of Sept 14 to September 4.

If we go by Cassie's version of the timeline (being that it is the only one available at the moment!), I'm not sure there's any evidence of anyone seeing him after Sept 6th, 8pm at the camp grounds...
Neighbors put him at home on the 11th before they took the van

I ask myself whether, at the end of the day, it matters if he went on the 13th or 14th, and I can't think of why it does.
It gives him an extra day. A person can cover a lot of ground in a day, especially in a vehicle and at this point, who knows if they somehow procured a vehicle for him to pick up at an arranged location. (MOO)

maybe this is some evidence that the parents truly had no idea at this point. ??
I think they believed whatever story he told them, and he probably told them the story on his way home, so they knew that he would arrive on sept 1, therefore, canceled the camping plan for sept 1-3 on aug 31 and planned to get his story to his sister ASAP so did the "surprise" visit right after he got home, then made the new camping plan on the3rd, for sept 6-8, for a family pow wow, where the whole family was together for 6 hours (but of course, never spoke about Gabby) uh huh. jmo They figured out that he was lying about what happened when Petitos kept calling, but had already made a pact not to speak to them, because whatever bad thing he told them that Gabby had done made them reject her and her whole family. But then, they knew that he was probably in big trouble because her family had no idea where she was. Next day, the 11th coppers haul the van away...................jmo

Well, the posted link does say felony bench trials .. which would not be a civil case. imo

"Felony bench trials typically last a few hours."

Sorry, I didn't see the link. It says that "A defendant may request a jury trial, or a bench trial (a trial to a judge only). Felony jury trials can last a few hours to a few days, depending upon the number of witnesses and the complexity of the case. Felony bench trials typically last a few hours."

Just ime, a defendant in the US with a serious criminal charge like homicide would never request a bench trial because (a) judges don't like criminals as a rule, although that seems to be changing depending on the defendant; (b) there is no chance of a mistrial; (c) there is no chance of a hung jury; (d) there is no chance of appeal on grounds of prejudice or an improper jury charge, etc., etc.

I ask myself whether, at the end of the day, it matters if he went on the 13th or 14th, and I can't think of why it does.
It might not matter in the long run. However, to my mind, it might be relevant in 3 ways I can think of (there's likely more):

1. Gabby's family has been calling for a few days, ostensibly BL &/or his family is aware of this; Gabby is finally formally reported missing Sept 11. I'm not sure what time of day that occurs, but it appears that he now disappeared within somewhere in the range of ~30 hrs of the official missing person police report. This closer proximity even more strongly suggests a possible consciousness of guilt, IMO.

2. If he left on the 13th, as opposed to the 14th, that means the parents waited 4--not 3--days to report him missing. 3 days is strange & long enough. [Edit to add, for clarification: they reported him missing Sept 17th. So the change is, first they claimed he was missing from the 14th, & now they're saying the 13th.] However, one could argue, the more time between his disappearance & the report of him being missing is that much more time for planning & escape. A full 24 hours extra... a person could be anywhere on Earth by any means of transportation, potentially. IMO.

3. Revising the timeline like this calls into doubt the credibility of their story/stories overall. Another poster posted just a few moments ago: who's to say he wasn't gone before the 13th? Which I think is a very good question (especially considering the phone was bought Sept 4th, & he apparently saw his entire family for a final time at remote location Sept 6th). I think it leads to speculation that he was gone longer than we realize &/or that his parents were involved &/or they still aren't being honest. How could someone not remember the day their son disappeared? That defies logic & credibility IMO.

So TL;DR: the revision of the date he went missing might matter to his consciousness of guilt; whether he was aided in any way; & whether this new version is even the true story or further obfuscation. JMO!

Last edited:
It’s my opinion he controlled her phone and that was part of the tension, especially considering part of the point of the trip was to fulfill HER aspirations on social media. It follows why he criticized her ability to be successful in that medium and it also follows why she was trying to get her phone from him per the witness statement during the domestic in Moab.
Agree. I said something similar here.
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads