Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they change the phone purchase to sept 4? But I thought he said he spoke to BL on the 14th ??????? jmo
I saved a screenshot of a tweet from Steven Bertolino answering the question of when he last spoke to BL. His answer was, "Monday, 9/13"
I can post the screenshot but am hesitant as I don't remember the site of origin.

Wow! I had not seen that in the press until now. I agree it would have to be due to not wanting everyone to have the info that only her killer would know. Which is VERY interesting considering how cut and dry this case appears thus far. I can assume that, when a homicide has had as much press coverage as this case has had, there are the crazies who would try to claim that they had participated in the crime, if only to briefly appear in headlines. IMO.

Yes absolutely. There are always the "crazies" who say they were involved and by holding back information from the public the "crazies" can be weeded out fairly quickly in many instances.

After he murdered GP, life ceased to be normal. The famous artist who has helped solve so many cases and showed how she thinks BL has disguised himself to look now said that murder changes a person. They all lose weight, except for one man who forced himself to become morbidly obese to change his appearance. When you murder someone and you are on the run, you can never relax and it's a heavy weight you carry. You lose weight normally and are never the same (in MOO, this might exclude psychopaths who feel nothing).

Laundrie family changes story on when they last saw Brian

Oct 5, 2021 • The Laundrie family attorney Tuesday said Brian Laundrie’s parents now believe they last saw him Sept. 13, a day earlier than they’d previously told investigators.

Let me find my previous post... so called that.

I have no idea how to actually bring the actual post forward so I'm just copying and pasting it lol:

Steven Bertolino confirmed in text today that BL and family were gone 9/6 and 9/7 and the following weekend went to other places on “two different dates.” According to the below link, LE attempted to speak with him the same day they picked up the van and were refused, so that automatically rules out the 11th as one of those dates. Brian Entin reported live outside their home on 9/14 and the Laundries were home. So that only leaves 9/12 and 9/13.

Public speculation about parents helping BL leave family home would be wrong if they weren’t home to begin with, and there’s been no confirmation that he was seen on the 14th outside of their word. Considering they gave different dates for retrieving the Mustang, I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume they’d be wrong on the last time they saw him. We may see that corrected soon.

The fiancé of Gabby Petito, who went missing on a cross-country road trip, won't speak to authorities, police say

Keyedin, Sep 28, 2021Report

Okay. Have been looking for a source. Wiki says that, and references this WFLA article as their source.

On Sept. 14, police executed a search warrant for the van that she and Laundrie had traveled in.
Gabby Petito investigation: Police search warrant reveals new details, investigating external drive found in van | WFLA

Is there another better source that I am not finding?

The search warrant was for what they'd found in the van after they had it in custody (specific external hard drive)... if it was at the Laundries on 9/13 or 9/14, then it would be in the video we've seen from Brian... pretty sure it was seized on 9/11.

Bc they take one data point (the Moab stop) and want to make it a universal truth. If she was "afraid" that day, the context was a terrible day with him threatening or implying he'd drive off without her, being hit, being humiliated and embarrassed, being told she could go to jail, fearing in those fraught moments the end of the relationship, etc. That doesn't mean she was a timid girl who couldn't handle a week alone in a hotel while her boyfriend went back to the East Coast to supposedly take care of some business.

<modsnip>

One small correction: I think we have another major data point that was circulating widely around the same time, which was the "Gabby was afraid to drive the van".

I can easily see people coming to the determination that this, for example, meant that Gabby was de facto "trapped" in the hotel for a week; rather than that it may have been her suggestion, etc. etc.

I also freely admit that I brought to my contemplation, my baggage and experience of a couple Thanksgivings ago; wherein a freak snowstorm knocked out both primary and reserve power in my hotel for a good 3-4 hours. For a while there, I felt peculiarly cold and alone myself; I don't mind saying.

It wasn't quite like "The Shining"; but it certainly wasn't unlike The Shining, KWIM?

Yes absolutely. There are always the "crazies" who say they were involved and by holding back information from the public the "crazies" can be weeded out fairly quickly in many instances.
Does everyone believe that is the reason, not some hideous, unusual COD? It is already so horrific, how could it be worse than the causes of death we have already discussed? This is so very depressing. This entire case has been. Jmo

I totally agree. I have the feeling that she has been getting the short end of everything in that family for a very long time. Jmo

Yes, the parents probably treated BL as the golden boy throughout all of his life, and she had to go through her whole life in 2nd place, watching from the wings.

I know what that's like when parents favour a younger brother.
This sibling can do no wrong, gets forgiven everything, and has any attention they need whenever the require it.

No matter what happens, the elder sister can never be number 1. She will never even be equal to him.

In the end, the older sister just realises that there is nothing she can do, and sits back, takes it, and lives her life either 'going through the motions' or distancing herself from the family.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the pics of Brian from Fort DeSoto on Sept 6th? Take a look at his wrist... notice anything new?

41ee182cfb7845199614575885e14a07_md.jpg

screen cap ABC video @1.44: Brian Laundrie's sister urges him to 'come forward' amid nationwide search

Screen-Shot-2021-09-14-at-1.27.32-PM.png

Login • Instagram

Let me find my previous post... so called that.

I have no idea how to actually bring the actual post forward so I'm just copying and pasting it lol:

Steven Bertolino confirmed in text today that BL and family were gone 9/6 and 9/7 and the following weekend went to other places on “two different dates.” According to the below link, LE attempted to speak with him the same day they picked up the van and were refused, so that automatically rules out the 11th as one of those dates. Brian Entin reported live outside their home on 9/14 and the Laundries were home. So that only leaves 9/12 and 9/13.

Public speculation about parents helping BL leave family home would be wrong if they weren’t home to begin with, and there’s been no confirmation that he was seen on the 14th outside of their word. Considering they gave different dates for retrieving the Mustang, I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume they’d be wrong on the last time they saw him. We may see that corrected soon.

The fiancé of Gabby Petito, who went missing on a cross-country road trip, won't speak to authorities, police say

Keyedin, Sep 28, 2021Report
There's definitely reason they have changed the date! Something is about to be revealed!

After he murdered GP, life ceased to be normal. The famous artist who has helped solve so many cases and showed how she thinks BL has disguised himself to look now said that murder changes a person. They all lose weight, except for one man who forced himself to become morbidly obese to change his appearance. When you murder someone and you are on the run, you can never relax and it's a heavy weight you carry. You lose weight normally and are never the same (in MOO, this might exclude psychopaths who feel nothing).

As mentioned in another thread I don't think Brian has the empathic response needed.

Yes, the parents probably treated BL as the golden boy all of her life, and she had to go through her whole life in 2nd place.

I know what that's like when parents favour a younger brother.
This sibling can do no wrong, gets forgiven everything, and has any attention they need whenever the require it.

No matter what happens, the elder sister can never be number 1. She will never even be equal to him.

In the end, the older sister just realises that there is nothing she can do, and sits back, takes it, and lives her life either 'going through the motions' or distancing herself from the family.
Yes, it is terribly sad. It also did not serve their son well either.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member