Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent article, thank you for posting. He followed all but one stage. Jmo
That is exactly what I thought, number one.
Excellent article, thank you for posting. Jmo

this is why I shared it, number one, probably because he’s young. It’s an escalation IMO a fast one, but look at their living circumstances, heightened pressure in a small space. I have my own DV history, so I get these individuals from gabbys perspective IMO and because I did the freedom project in the UK and learnt a lot. He doesn’t care about what he’s done bar the fact that the aftermath is affecting him. He can put on smiles and laughs because that’s what an abuser does, he lies, he pretends. All my own opinion with some fact from what I learnt from the course about perpetrators. X

It's a
613fbd962d076.image.jpg
Hair band - every girl these days has them on their wrist. Chill people lol.

ETA: Even if he did have normal-enough emotions previously, life as he knew it is *over* now. And with that comes the person he knew of himself could be *gone* too. The more you hear about yourself in the media as America’s Most Wanted Fugitive, the more you maybe start to play the role. To identify with it. To wonder what else you can do. To have nothing to lose, if you’re careful enough. To have nothing else to do except think about how to continue getting away, and about getting away with future crimes as well. This type of situation can change a person, night and day. If he already had it in him before, I worry the chase could exacerbate that.
I think he got the high of his life when he killed her. Bet he felt calm, in control, superior for the first time in his weak mommy's boy life. Bet he will try it again. I also think the FBI are aware of the danger and that is why this search has gone on the way it has. Jmo

I’ve thought of posting this for a while and feel it’s not worth the conversation because, it’s so out there, and so likely not the case (right?). But at this point I just want to say it because I am fumbling for anything. 2 totally unrelated and opposite and both very “crazy” ideas…..

Could the search in the reserve be for evidence of a crime that’s unrelated to this one? Like, a previous, serious crime by Brian that they found out about through this. What if he had actually committed a murder previously, or since his return. Crazy, I know. But what if they’re spending ALL this money and manpower and dangerous searching in the Reserve is not just because it’s a federal case due to operating across state lines but because they have reason to believe he’s a serial killer? They’d have to release that information to the public though, wouldn't they? Or would they not want to cause panic because they don’t know where he is?

(Don’t laugh at me)

Alternatively, and on the complete opposite spectrum

Does anyone else still hold out the possibility that Brian is not guilty of Gabby’s homicide? And that all of our speculations (see above *eye roll at myself*) are actually really off base? But then why would they have so much manpower and money out on the hunt.

That is exactly what I thought, number one.

this is why I shared it, number one, probably because he’s young. It’s an escalation IMO a fast one, but look at their living circumstances, heightened pressure in a small space. I have my own DV history, so I get these individuals from gabbys perspective IMO and because I did the freedom project in the UK and learnt a lot. He doesn’t care about what he’s done bar the fact that the aftermath is affecting him. He can put on smiles and laughs because that’s what an abuser does, he lies, he pretends. All my own opinion with some fact from what I learnt from the course about perpetrators. X
He is proud of it, imo. So glad that you were able to get out of that relationship!

have a look at the original Nport Presser when the head honcho gets up and says we know where Brian Laundry is . That's in the early days when he is at home (somewhere about the 11th when this is all starting to break). At that point he will have his AT and T phone on. So he might not have played the FBI but he sure played the local cops. The either found his handset (or even the earlier one ) from tower dumps or they believed the parents.

Another case of the smartest man in the room - Chad Issak (Silent Chad) . He thought he was the smartest in the room too... (Nth Dakota) but he left a revolver in the bottom of his freezer in a plastic bowl smelling of bleach. Moreover all the top works was missing as was the firing pin. He even kept 38 cal brass which had been fired in a sock, knowing that it could not be linked to the revolver (Ruger LCR of unique design) because the firing pin was gone.

The Jury convicted him anyway. (The murder of five people at a business about 1.5 yrs back).

My bolding...

I sincerely hope someone turns up in this case that isn't just completely full of it. Someone who can keep their story straight would also be a bonus.

That is the one thing that stood out to me the most. She is withholding information because she has clearly been told she must by the FBI, IMO.

Oh, please, let this be so -- for the investigation, and for Cassie.

Let me also echo what's been on my mind -- possibly along with other WS folks, and I certainly see it WRT Cassie -- it's the typical SON syndrome, i.e., "We finally got a son! Cassie is pretty, sweet and a good daughter, but now we have what we've always wanted: The Precious Son!!" Grrrrr. (I am an only child, but I've certainly seen it.)
So she got shoved to the back of the line, the day he was born, and she has been there ever since. SMH IMO.

I find it odd that parents wouldn't get the date correct considering they reported him missing and should know how many days had gone by, you'd think. Especially if they went looking for him and found the car.

I am curious what we’re going to find out happened on the afternoon/evening/night of the 13th that caused the lawyer and parents of BL to back up the date when they were no longer responsible for BL….

Spot on. I totally agree. Said it before, I think he fantasized about murdering her for a long time. Jmo
I didn't get that impression. It's usually serial killers or people who have urges to hurt or kill others that have fantasies before they actually act them out.

I think Brian either felt he was losing control over Gabby and/or acted in a fit of rage. They had been arguing more throughout the trip, and maybe Gabby was starting to stand up for herself. Maybe after spending almost a week apart, she decided she didn't want to continue the relationship any more.

I think they argued, Brian lost control and it escalated to violence. Similar to what happened outside the Co-op, but this time he ended up killing her.

IMO

I'm just getting caught up on the evening news. Am I understanding this right?

Because of Brian Entin's photographic evidence that the Mustang was BACK in the driveway Wednesday, not Thursday (as they had lied MOO) that the attorney, after being confronted with this by the FBI, is now quickly flipping the script to state that Brian left Monday? You have got to be kidding me.

"The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events. Upon further communication...with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday September 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday September 13."

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445479117965578246

MOO, I think Bertolino has a lot of trouble headed his way, sanctions or possible disbarment being the least of his worries. MOO. Food for thought: When does your lawyer stop being your lawyer and instead become your criminal co-conspirator? This guy is playing with fire. MOO.

Last edited:
Excellent article, thank you for posting. He followed all but one stage. Jmo
  • A pre-relationship history of stalking or abuse by the perpetrator
  • The romance developing quickly into a serious relationship
  • The relationship becoming dominated by coercive control
  • A trigger to threaten the perpetrator's control - for example, the relationship ends or the perpetrator gets into financial difficulty
  • Escalation - an increase in the intensity or frequency of the partner's control tactics, such as by stalking or threatening suicide
  • The perpetrator has a change in thinking - choosing to move on, either through revenge or by homicide
  • Planning - the perpetrator might buy weapons or seek opportunities to get the victim alone
  • Homicide - the perpetrator kills his or her partner, and possibly hurts others such as the victim's children
I can see the control stage and obviously the homicide stage, but not the rest. Can you expand on your comment?

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida fugitive last seen a day earlier than previously believed, lawyer says

Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie was last seen by his parents on Sept. 13, according to family attorney Steven Bertolino.

He had previously said the Laundries last saw their son on Sept. 14.

"The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events," Bertolino told Fox News Tuesday.

"Upon further communication with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday Sept. 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday Sept. 13."

Chris and Roberta Laundrie told investigators at the time they hadn’t seen their son since Tuesday, Sept. 14, according to a police news release from that Friday, which states Laundrie hadn’t been seen "since Tuesday of this week."

For those of you thinking BL is dead. Nah. This is a chance for him to live the dream. Remember Ted Bundy? "I'm going with the man I know best. Me." The Survivalist is going to prove himself to himself. Its all he has left. He's flying solo in unchartered waters, unfettered, dependent on what HE knows. What a great opportunity to chuck the world and create a new one. Surviving the wild is one thing, beating the organized society that's got you in it's sights is the world series of survival...and you're gonna show them all. This guy isn't despairing, he's got a smorgasbord of opportunities to outsmart everyone...and I don't think he's willing to pass up those opportunities.
Remember, LE can make a hundred mistakes. All BL has to do is make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18