Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also one other thing about this being disrespectful of Cassie’s kids. If the parents were aware of what happened either on the 1st or the 6th when Cassie’s kids interacted with Brian, that is some really messed up behavior
I agree. And how many kids does CL have? Trying to figure out how many people can fit in that Mustang.

Brian Laundrie's sister clarifies timeline

She mentioned the Mustang and then said they didn’t bring the van. She wanted to highlight that she didn’t know about the van being returned.

She does say the parentS had wanted to “surprise” the kids by picking them up at school. Not sure how that happens. Usually schools are pretty picky about signing children out.

i've wondered this as well...some people will do anything for attention...not speaking about any of the reported sightings so far, but it's always a possibility.
Would these people -- if indeed there are any -- risk a possible arrest for bankcard fraud and interrogation re murder -- for a lark? Not FBI arrests, certainly, but perhaps local city or county LE? Or a locally organized posse?

Also one other thing about this being disrespectful of Cassie’s kids. If the parents were aware of what happened either on the 1st or the 6th when Cassie’s kids interacted with Brian, that is some really messed up behavior to let the kids interact with him, knowing this would come out. If he wanted to say goodbye? Too bad, can’t be around the kids. If the parents didn’t know at that time, fine, because I expect nothing less of Brian. But the idea of hanging out with little children after committing murder (suspected) really makes me queasy. Allowing it as a grandparent makes me even sicker.

All speculation, MOO

With everything that has been going on in this case I did not even think about this. You're so right. This is really horrible. MOO

They knew ... before he came home or at minimum, before she was reported missing. MOO I've felt this from the public facing evidence we have had from the beginning. MOO. I'd like him to prove me (and apparently others too) wrong then I'll move on. But I don't think he can without changing dates on paper. IMOO

If he has been their attorney for 20 years, would he necessarily have an attorney/client agreement for this particular situation? I know its a logical and intelligent thing to do, but its not a legal requirement is it? My feeling all along is that the family didn't contact him about this until the cops showed up or maybe a little earlier when the Petito family started calling. Its even possible that when LE came and started asking question, they just took his card off the frig and handed it to them and then called SB and said "um, hey, BTW, well, see, the cops might be calling you about Brian's girlfriend going missing. Well, um, no, Brian's right here. He came back in her van without her. ... Steve, you still there? Steve .... ok, well. So, umm, yeah, we'll just sit tight right here with our mouths shut until you get back to us."

I do not know. I saw this in a post. Someone else said it is not correct. I knew of WV bc of a report that I don't think we are allowed to post? The poster's video was deleted so I assume it was not permitted and even if it was given permission afterward I wouldn't know how to find it. Sorry. MOO.

Is it just me, but do you even recognize half of the county names listed in a weather advisory? Lolol, I do not!

What do you all think of this new timeline change (the date BL disappeared)? Is it possible it's because of B. Entin's evidence about the mustang returning on the Wed (not the Thurs they've previously maintained). I wonder why they released this info TODAY... could it have to do w Cassie's comments yesterday & today, or the Petito comments today on Dr. Phil? What does it do for their case, do you think, i.e., why do you think they felt the need to clarify? What is the benefit? Or is it just more scattershot communication with no real strategy...

I ask myself whether, at the end of the day, it matters if he went on the 13th or 14th, and I can't think of why it does.

Do you ever wonder--if BL killed her and had plans to go onto hiding--why he went home? Why didn't he just stay out west and hide? I don't know if they ever catch perpetrators who murder on national parks.

Saw where some Websluethers here were discussing just that earlier, one theory he was going to but the YouTuber camper coming in might have spooked him, especially if she was already gone by then and that was Brian closing the door as the RV drove by. Does that make sense? long shot but it was pretty obvious somebody closed the back door when they heard them approach,

Morally it's not right to spend somebody's money and steal their van right after they died either. Not morally right to leave a dead body lying in a field without calling police either. Not morally right to run from police during a manhunt either. I think BL's moral compass is broken, though. JMOO
Correct, it is morally wrong to do those things you listed, and when BL is arrested, tried and convicted of them, I will agree with you that he has no morals.

I have thought this for awhile. Think for a minute. when did RL cancel those dates for the 1st date of the camping trip? Maybe because either Mommy or daddy flew out there to drive home with BL. Now if true that would explain why the camping trip was moved. This is MOO

Do you think if one of BL's parents drove home with BL, he would now be up on federal 'intent to fraud' charges?

That he would have used Gabby's card for his expenses - while crossing state lines - and be captured on CCTV doing that? (In order for the FBI to have proof that it was him using Gabby's card)

If Brian thought that Gabby had separated from him, he would quickly realize that wasn’t the case when her phone, bank cards and all of her belongings were still in the van. It also doesn’t explain that ‘No service in Yosemite‘ text message sent to her mother from her phone on the 30th and her phone being turned off indefinitely from that day forward.

I do not know. I saw this in a post. Someone else said it is not correct. I knew of WV bc of a report that I don't think we are allowed to post? The poster's video was deleted so I assume it was not permitted and even if it was given permission afterward I wouldn't know how to find it. Sorry. MOO.
Please don't apologize! I have found all the Cali names in other states to be very amusing.

Do you think Cassie will testify against her brother in court and reveal the fake story that Brian had told her regarding Gabby’s whereabouts?

She seems to rather like public speaking,.. so she may embrace the opportunity. The thing is, she will have to give her memory a real good working over, so that she does not come off looking like a total dunce in the dock. Some little stories you can tell the press, but it's a different ballgame up in the witness box..

A good barrister, ( attorney) would tell her to keep her head down, and maybe even go into hospital come trial time.

Sometimes the most obvious suspect is the guilty one, and I believe that applies here. Unfortunately I believe this case follows the profile and statistics of so many of these sad situations where it is their loved one that has done the harm. Yes it’s horrible to be harmed/murdered by someone who is supposed to love you, protect you but unfortunately this is all too common. I do believe their actions, Brian and his parents, put a very dark cloud of suspicion over them. It’s been explained on here by attorneys that the charge for bank fraud is an opening move so they can detain him while the murder investigation continues. It’s also been explained by said attorneys that they like to have as many charges as possible when they go to trial. I don’t find it unusual but it does open the possibility that they are hoping if they find him they can get a confession, maybe they do not have direct evidence. I’m not sure I’m following your train of thought about it being more respectful to Gabby and her decisions. That seems to imply that she is partly responsible for her death by making poor decisions. Whoever killed her, which I do believe is Brian, is 100% responsible for her death.
You may be right. I personally have seen zero evidence, based in hard facts, that convict Brian. And yes, I want him to be innocent for HER. For them, for her public love story, for HER chosen team. I have no idea, yet, if she made poor decisions that contributed to this. Maybe she did, maybe they did. Maybe she didn't, maybe they didn't. I can go either way right now. MOO!!!

I agree. And how many kids does CL have? Trying to figure out how many people can fit in that Mustang.

Brian Laundrie's sister clarifies timeline

She mentioned the Mustang and then said they didn’t bring the van. She wanted to highlight that she didn’t know about the van being returned.

She does say the parentS had wanted to “surprise” the kids by picking them up at school. Not sure how that happens. Usually schools are pretty picky about signing children out.

There's usually a list of people who are authorized to pick them up.

Several of the Californias are neighborhoods or communities within a larger unit, not independent municipalities.

correct, but these would not typically be known to the general public...for example, if someone asked for directions to "california" with no further clarification, i don't see most people assuming that they were asking for directions to a neighborhood...jmo

Whoops, sorry, that was bad of me then... I had not known that; though for locals it's possible that you might do something like simply run in to use a comfort station or similar; it seems far more potentially likely that Brian could have thought Dennis was heading out.

My gut feeling about Dennis, is that he is both sincere and sincerely wrong.
No worries, I just listened again to check the location he had said, as I didn't remember either! & I tend to agree with you. It seems an enormous risk on the part of BL to ask for directions, ask for backroads, talk about his gf... Or if, say, BL is losing it, wouldn't there possibly be other encounters that have occurred by now--because he would not be able to consistently operate strategically?... However, he seems to know well enough not to make himself known. & that's why I tend to doubt this encounter was him. But I 100% think DD is genuine & absolutely wanted to be helpful, & I do think it's likely alert & caring people like him who might one day bring BL to justice.

Do you think if one of BL's parents drove home with BL, he would now be up on federal 'intent to fraud' charges?

That he would have used Gabby's card for his expenses - while crossing state lines - and be captured on CCTV doing that? (In order for the FBI to have proof that it was him using Gabby's card)

Maybe if the intent was to establish that Gabby was still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor