Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please could someone advise if a lawyer and an attorney are one and the same? Is it just different terminology? I don't really hear 'attorney' used much here in the UK.

I ask in relation to SB, as I've seen him referenced as the Laundrie's lawyer, but then sometimes I see the term 'attorney' too but this seems to be more in reference to court cases I think?

TIA

Most people in the US use Attorney and Lawyer interchangeably.
JMO.

SBM: This photo is at least several years old and was obtained from a real estate listing, IIRC. It is no indication of what BL's bedroom looked like while Gabby was living there.

I think that's actually Brian's bedroom as they listed the house in 2017 but it didn't sell. More interesting is the photo of the garage--it contains a punching bag. I have to wonder if that was Brian's or his father's.

Based on the type of activity we have seen at the reserve, do we think the "something" is a recovery or a live arrest?

What I've seen is the kind of movement that I usually associate with either a body recovery, or more likely retrieving a piece of significant evidence. I'm just going by other cases where I've watched live coverage of LE activity.

It doesn't look like a general search. They're focusing on one particular spot, that bridge over the creek. Possibly another location on the same road, but that looks more like a staging area to me. Like they didn't have enough room to park all the vehicles near the bridge.

Parts of the road look to have been under water recently. There are still big puddles.

ETA: If they're searching a specific spot for a specific piece of evidence, it's also likely that the answer could be nope, didn't find it.

Last edited:
MOO, there can never be a change in venue. there's nowhere he can go where people are not aware. This will be in WY's circuit if it ever comes to pass (MOO) and they may know a little less but there will be nowhere that people no nothing IMO. And, IMO he has been trying this case in the public by text for awhile and it's aggravating to me. MOO
That made me smile :)

Huge difference. I think there's a tendency to turn every killer into a remorseless psychopath, who killed for pleasure.

That's rarely the case, and there's a lot of nuance there.

I continue to believe this was a crime of passion.
I thought, maybe, until I saw the photos from the family camp out. IMO more than a nuance of psychopathy is required to smile through that event after taking her life. He wanted to erase her, and thought he had gotten away with wiping her off the earth. Little did he know the snow ball had only begun to roll. I can’t imagine he’s smiling now.

Oh, no. CL actually said to the protestors that there was never any. She and her DH emphatically stated they lived with them and if they had witnesses it they never would have allowed it to persist. I was talking about the witnesses from the trip only whose accountings have been made public. MOO

Gabby also told office first time it got physical. I do think they wanted to downplay what happened. Per every book I have ever read on DV is that there is a high percentage of escalation without intensive counseling. That's why neither should have been getting physical. imo

We dont use attorney in the UK, Lawyer is a generic word used for work in the legal sector (in the UK, the US may be different. In the UK, we have Barrister, Solicitor, Legal Executive, Paralegal all of which can be called lawyers. There are also Patent Attorneys and Trademark Attorneys - but I am not sure whether they would call themselves lawyers as their work is mostly in the registration and opposition of Patents and Trademarks. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much, and also to everyone else who replied to me (I don't want to clutter up the thread with lots of individual 'thank yous'!

The way the vans are clustered and people moving back and forth looks like other cases I've followed when they've been close to something significant...

Mr. Carbuff and I are going out to dinner now. I don't think we will be discussing this case.

Hope you have a wonderful dinner! Can I join Mr and Mrs Carbuff to get away from this d*m computer!! ha!

Brian Entin just posted on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445856928890904577

ETA: He says he's seen other movement on other days at the reserve and we shouldn't read too much into it, however the reserve is closed which is unusual. In his opinion, there is an area on the Venice, Florida they're focused on and will talk more about the drone they're using during the report tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98