Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think 'crime of passion' is specifically the legal concept, it's more about whether there's evidence the person thought about the crime before they acted. It could be a crime of passion but pre-planned. Or it could be a cold-blooded crime but spur of the moment, without aforethought, eg a robbery purely for financial gain.

For eg, the fact that they appear to have camped in an out of the way spot, where no one could see the murder or hear the argument, isn't really evidence because they often camped that way. Whereas, in another case, a man taking a woman to a remote location could be evidence of preplanning a murder.

ETA: clean up

ok....now you have me googling:

Crime of Passion
Primary tabs
In criminal law, a crime of passion is a crime committed in the "heat of passion" in response to provocation, as opposed to one that was premeditated or deliberated. Provocation serves as a partial defense to manslaughter because while it does not completely excuse the defendant of the killing, it can downgrade the degree of the crime, and therefore the associated punishment. The provocation defense serves to recognize that some reactions can be provoked spontaneously, without giving one the opportunity to reflect on his or her actions.

Crime of Passion | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

Thank you. We have a letter agreement here (well, for in-house work anyway). So would a client need to keep the retainer topped up to remain a client? Or is it a case of once a client always a client/or until the client decides otherwise?
It depends on what agreement the client made at the beginning. A retainer may not last forever, but they would sign a contract up front specifying what the deal was. I am unclear what kind of retainer the Laundries may have with their attorney. (I'm not a lawyer, but my daughter is one. Our family has retained an attorney for a real estate matter involving inherited land.)

I am still impressed by how well he did, and how much information he elicited. And, because he was not MSM doing an "interview" there was no editing. It was raw footage and because of this, we got to hear everything in context. Valuable IMO.
And yet he didn't think to ask what BL's reason for coming home without Gabby was? Bizarre

If he has been... I mean, wow, talk about dirt on the face of LE. That would be some serious lack of attention.

Well that wouldn't surprise me since it was NPPD that wasn't keeping a eye on BL while he was suppose to be there at home. I can't remember his name or his title on that police force, but I remember him saying It's Not My Job, when questioned about how BL was able to slip away and no one watching his comings and goings.

It's Not My Job guy has cost his town and every le agency in this country millions of dollars when BL was able to slip away.

Stand down everyone. @8_plamison is flying over Carlton Reserve after we received a flurry of unconfirmed reports of escalated activity in the area, but those reports were unfounded. If you'd like to see for yourself, #Eagle8HD is live on #WFLANow here: wfla.com/wflanow
View attachment 316208
https://twitter.com/wflajb/status/1445869558217121793?s=21
I begrudgingly like this post as it is accurate, relevant information.

I just want BL found. I was really hoping SOMETHING would happen today.

They sat at that co op for 6 hours!
Long time
I think he has said it’s time to stop abd let’s get going he took her phone. She wasn’t having it they had a fight!
As someone who used to work in a coffee shop, it's not too crazy for someone to sit and work on their laptop for that length of time, especially if they are working on a project and need the wifi.

• The FBI are investigating 11 alleged sightings of Brian Laundrie along the Appalachian Trail close to the North Carolina-Tennessee border
  • Hiker Dennis Davis, 53, said he encountered Brian Laundrie on a deserted road close to a trail near the Tennessee border early Saturday morning
  • Davis, who was interviewed by the FBI on Wednesday afternoon, told DailyMail.com: 'They are definitely taking my information seriously.
Hiker who encountered Brian Laundrie on Appalachian Trail has finally been questioned by the FBI | Daily Mail Online

FBI: Hitchhiker on US 158 not Brian Laundrie

They sat at that co op for 6 hours!
Long time
I think he has said it’s time to stop abd let’s get going he took her phone. She wasn’t having it they had a fight!

My understanding was they were fighting over the keys to the van. He wanted to lock it up and both go for a walk in opposite directions to cool down. And maybe Brian was trying to grab the phone because she had hit him right above his eye with it. Two missing pieces of skin right above left eye. Good thing it was not his eye ball.

I wonder if LE will release the photos of their injuries.

So, just to be clear. He gets the stressor on Aug 12. They spend the night apart, I am assuming.
Aug 13 they back together.
Aug 14, the travel around utah.
Aug 15 they travel some more.
Aug 16 they travel some more.
Aug 17 BL leaves GB in Utah hotel. Remember he snapped on aug 12. Aug 18, he moves stuff around in florida. Gabby was 3 blocks away from the FBI building.
Aug 19. BL in Florida, still snapped from aug 12th. Gabby 3 blocks away from FBI building.
Aug 20, same
Aug 21 same
aug 22 same
Aug 23 BL goes back to Utah with gabby 3 blocks away from the FBI building.
Aug 24 BL still stress and snapped from the Aug 12 travels around utah with gabbie.
aug 25
aug 26
aug 27
Possible last contact. But I am sure gabby was alive here.
aug 28
aug 29
aug 30
aug 31

18 Days from stressor and snapping to action.

What is the significance of Gabby being 3 blocks away from the FBI building?

• The FBI are investigating 11 alleged sightings of Brian Laundrie along the Appalachian Trail close to the North Carolina-Tennessee border
  • Hiker Dennis Davis, 53, said he encountered Brian Laundrie on a deserted road close to a trail near the Tennessee border early Saturday morning
  • Davis, who was interviewed by the FBI on Wednesday afternoon, told DailyMail.com: 'They are definitely taking my information seriously.
Hiker who encountered Brian Laundrie on Appalachian Trail has finally been questioned by the FBI | Daily Mail Online

FBI: Hitchhiker on US 158 not Brian Laundrie

"When Davis pointed out that he could take Interstate 40 the entire way, the man bizarrely revealed he would be sticking with the small, two-lane country road he was already headed along.

Deputies from the Haywood County Sheriff's Office spent two hours at the remote spot but only came across one vehicle which didn't match the description.

However Davis was invited to their office to speak again with two deputies as well as an agent from the FBI's Asheville field office.

'The agent played his cards pretty tight to his chest when I told him my story,' Davis told DailyMail.com afterwards."

And even though Rose claims Brian was control freak I dont see it. I would think if you are the one always walking away...if you are the one that needs a time outs, might be because you need space to control your own emotions. Not trying to control someone else. Just my opinion of course.

you are correct. But it is also true that the “threat of abandonment“ and walking away can be used as a control tactic.
sort of, “you are not acting the way that my ideal version of you should be acting, so I’m just going to leave until you decide to fix yourself.“ (conjecture)
Unfortunately, unless he comes forward and speaks with 100% honesty, we will never know exactly what went on/goes on in his mind. My experience only/MOO
(I will just add that I am sure I am not the only one who is more than a little wishful that we could have more insight)

Friday, September 17, Brian Laundrie’s parents reported him missing. That night, deputy first class Steven Sella and K9 Copper went to work.

“We were the very first team to be called out for that due to the nature of the timeframe,” Sella said.

First, they went to the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where Brian supposedly went for a hike Monday.

We get to the park and the entire parking lot, which is a dirt parking lot, is completely covered in water,” Sella said.

That was only the first of the challenges the team would face.

<modsnip - to meet 10% article copyright rules>
Specialized K9 teams scour for signs of Brian Laundrie

Brian Laundrie search: Activity ramping up at Carlton Reserve

Updated: Oct 6, 2021 / 05:59 PM EDT

SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — After several days of a more scaled-back search for Brian Laundrie at the Carlton Reserve, activity appeared to be ramping up Wednesday morning.

WFLA photojournalist Justin Rogers spotted several unmarked law enforcement SUVs heading into the Venice side of the nature reserve around 10:30 a.m. ET. This comes as the search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé – and the lone person of interest in her disappearance – enters its third week.

Brian Laundrie search: Activity ramping up at Carlton Reserve | WFLA

My understanding was they were fighting over the keys to the van. He wanted to lock it up and both go for a walk in opposite directions to cool down. And maybe Brian was trying to grab the phone because she had hit him right above his eye with it. Two missing pieces of skin right above left eye. Good thing it was not his eye ball.

I wonder if LE will release the photos of their injuries.
They won’t be able to since they didn’t even bother documenting her injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member