Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this post to help clarify:

The NYTimes article that has been posted and includes property information is what can be linked and discussed. The parents are not currently named POI’s therefore you may not link public records or discuss property they may or may not have outside of solely what is stated in the article. If referencing the article, please link it.

The parents assets have turned into a grey area at this time given some info has been published and we permit what is in MSM. We understand how it can create confusion. If you have a specific question always feel free to use the report link and ask a MOD.

Thanks
Tiff

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

It's just a deposit to pay the attorney for the future work done. Then the attorney bills you and deducts from the retainer amount.
Thank you. We have a letter agreement here (well, for in-house work anyway). So would a client need to keep the retainer topped up to remain a client? Or is it a case of once a client always a client/or until the client decides otherwise?

Ok- throw me some bones as I am swamped at work. Skimming… I caught something about Colonel Klink being in error about the Stalag 13 tunnel from the Laundrie house
( @TheGardener ) and a boatload of RE transactions funding our fugitive? Clue me in- what else did I miss?!:D TIA!

So, from a forensic point of view, it's possible that earlier, they were out there with coprology dogs and urine sniffing dogs. Collected hundreds and hundreds of samples. Took them to the lab, found Brian's DNA in some of them. So they know he was in a certain area and something about how long he was there...
@10ofRods is a font of technical sleuthing niches.... Wait a minute, coprology dogs? We're getting a sample of Brian's poop from the house (real hard if there's no diapers), giving the coprology dogs the scent, and then sending the coprology dogs into the swamp park, and if they signal, they've got Brian's poop and know that he's been there, and likely at least a significant amount of time. (I don't know anyone who poops shortly after arriving leaving the trailhead, so poop would suggest a lengthy trip like an overnight.)
I wonder if BL kept a pee bottle in the van..... That would be very helpful....

Can you explain retainers? I'm UK in-house, so don't really understand how they work.
A retainer is a sum of money paid up front to an attorney to keep him on board in case future legal questions need to be answered quickly. It's a time saver to have an attorney already working for you. For instance, in complicated real estate deals where contracts have to be revised multiple times you want the same lawyer who knows the original contract and can spot problems for the owners in the revisions. Same thing with complicated divorces or child custody battles.

Could he have possibly gone to the Reserve for surrender only to PROTECT his parents? In other words, to give credence to their prior false statements. MOO IMO Just thinking out loud.

If he is in there for a surrender, after the deep, deep, dive these experts have been performing there for 2 weeks, I'm inclined to think he just recently arrived. MOO IMO

Stand down everyone. @8_plamison is flying over Carlton Reserve after we received a flurry of unconfirmed reports of escalated activity in the area, but those reports were unfounded. If you'd like to see for yourself, #Eagle8HD is live on #WFLANow here: wfla.com/wflanow
BEE21CA2-B698-4788-B078-4C0941F4C060.jpeg
https://twitter.com/wflajb/status/1445869558217121793?s=21

Between adult partners....maybe the law tries explain Crimes of Passion in this respect??? Out of control harmful actions?
I am not a lawyer, so am not an authority in what would cover Crimes of Passion.
I don't think 'crime of passion' is specifically the legal concept, it's more about whether there's evidence the person thought about the crime before they acted. It could be a crime of passion but pre-planned. Or it could be a cold-blooded crime but spur of the moment, without aforethought, eg a robbery purely for financial gain.

For eg, the fact that they appear to have camped in an out of the way spot, where no one could see the murder or hear the argument, isn't really evidence because they often camped that way. Whereas, in another case, a man taking a woman to a remote location could be evidence of preplanning a murder.

ETA: clean up

It IS very confusing and I'd also love to read

Exactly. We saw her comment on the Moab video but have no idea in what context he said it. He could have just been trying to tell her that there are so many “influencers” that it’s hard to become a top one, making a ton of money. Or, he could have been really mean about it. We really don’t know. He may have just wanted her to put that thought aside and enjoy the trip instead of trying to document perfection. We just don’t know.

And no matter how he said it, it could have made her way more receptive and/or susceptible to someone who came across as overly supportive and encouraging. I picture the part in Annie Hall, where Paul Simon's character is this record producer that encourages Annie to join him in California. Makes me wonder if she was talking with people in SLC, and when BL returned from FL, she was like "well HE believes in me!" I didn't know that she put together the YouTube video during the time she was alone - maybe she had help.

Can you explain retainers? I'm UK in-house, so don't really understand how they work.

Sort of like a contract (actually is one) - indicating the date it is agreed there will be legal representation, on/for what, at what rate (or by which method) and date privilege established. MOO Most jurisdictions require a written retainer but it's not law. There must be some date, however, from which the legal relationship for this matter was formed. IMOO. Here's a brief summary of retainers given with respect to atty "fees". MOO retainer

This date - from which the legal relationship and representation of BL was formed for this matter has always been to me (IMOO) the million dollar question. I believe it would tell us a lot about who knew what and when. MOO

Last edited:
Thank you. We have a letter agreement here (well, for in-house work anyway). So would a client need to keep the retainer topped up to remain a client? Or is it a case of once a client always a client/or until the client decides otherwise?
If the case is ongoing and long, then they will charge them a monthly retainer fee so it keeps adding up until the attorney invoices them and deducts from the retainer. It's also to ensure the client doesn't go bankrupt and the attorney is left with unpaid services when work was already completed.

It's all in the attorney's discretion. For some clients I have specified when the retainer dips to X amount, they need to refill it. It is mostly so you don't get caught in the middle of a litigation not getting paid for your ongoing work.

For long-time clients with a history of paying on time, every time, I don't even ask for a retainer. It is just personally what you are comfortable with. If you DO take retainers though, you have to have the proper trust accounts and trust accounting as required by your state.

@10ofRods is a font of technical sleuthing niches.... Wait a minute, coprology dogs? We're getting a sample of Brian's poop from the house (real hard if there's no diapers), giving the coprology dogs the scent, and then sending the coprology dogs into the swamp park, and if they signal, they've got Brian's poop and know that he's been there, and likely at least a significant amount of time. (I don't know anyone who poops shortly after arriving leaving the trailhead, so poop would suggest a lengthy trip like an overnight.)
I wonder if BL kept a pee bottle in the van..... That would be very helpful....
When FBI searched the parents camper last week it looked like a specimen jar. Maybe he used their toilet? They had gloves on.

It IS very confusing and I'd also love to read

Exactly. We saw her comment on the Moab video but have no idea in what context he said it. He could have just been trying to tell her that there are so many “influencers” that it’s hard to become a top one, making a ton of money. Or, he could have been really mean about it. We really don’t know. He may have just wanted her to put that thought aside and enjoy the trip instead of trying to document perfection. We just don’t know.
They sat at that co op for 6 hours!
Long time
I think he has said it’s time to stop abd let’s get going he took her phone. She wasn’t having it they had a fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV