Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He added that North Port police "had to postpone" the elder's Laundrie's participation and that he did not take part in the search Wednesday, which saw an increased police presence after resources appeared to have been drawn down over the weekend.

"Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist," he added, referring to both of Brian Laundrie's parents.

Josh Taylor, the North Port Police Department's chief spokesman, told Fox News that his department did not ask for Chris Laundrie's involvement – nor did police "postpone" it.

"In no world would we ask or have any actions like that," he said, deferring further questions to the FBI.

And Pat Diaz, a former Miami-Dade homicide detective who also served on FBI task forces, said he doubted federal investigators would bring in a suspect's father to help their search.

"They may have found stuff in the reserve for the father to identify," he said. "Not a body, but belongings."

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says

The Petitos tried a letter. It didn’t budge the Laundries.

The letter reads as follows:

Christopher and Roberta Laundrie,

We are writing this letter to ask you to help find our beautiful daughter. We understand you are going through a difficult time and your instinct to protect your son is strong. We ask you to put yourselves in our shoes. We haven't been able to sleep or eat and our lives are falling apart.

We believe you know the location where Brian left Gabby. We beg you to tell us. As a parent, how could you let us go through this pain and not help us. As a parent, how could you put Gabby's younger brothers and sisters through this.

Gabby lived with you for over a year. She was going to be your daughter in law. How can you keep her location hidden? You were both at Jim and Nichole's house. You were both so happy that Brian and Gabby got engaged and were planning to spend their lives together. Please, if you or your family has any decency left, please tell us where Gabby is located. Tell us if we are even looking in the right place.

All we want is Gabby to come home. Please help us make that happen.

Jim Schmidt
Nichole Schmidt
Joe Petito
Tara Petito

Gabby Petito's family pens letter to Laundries begging for information in daughter's disappearance
It's impossible to imagine how deep their grief is, & how fortunate it is that the Bethunes caught the footage of the van & they did get to recover Gabby. (& that she was found in a timely enough manner that it seems COD could be determined). GP's family would still be in this total heartbreaking darkness without those good samaratins.

This all seems so far-fetched. Are we absolutely certain that it's the real Steve, who is messaging all these people? Have they actually ever spoken with him face to face, that we know of?

I read yesterday someone posted the difference in some of SB's copied tweets or text messages posted on twitter. I think one is SB and the other is S at the top of the copied message. One his full name under SB and the other Stephen. I'll keep and eye on it. Can't say for sure but the lawyer alone isn't doing himself any good. jmo

Two trails go into Myakka from Carlton.

From a local's point of view...
The old Florida cattle trail can be followed from Carlton into Myakka and all the way up to Georgia. Avid hikers and outdoorsman know it. There is no map (that I know of) for it.

Carlton Reserve had the first dipping stations for cattle in FL, and they were dispersed all the way up to Georgia before the cattle could be put on a train.
Follow the dipping stations (concrete bowls in the ground) and you can make your way easily into Georgia.

Nope, it's pretty much a sanctuary. The only hunting that is allowed are wild pigs and most of those are trapped. In order to trap pigs, you have to be licensed and hired by the county.

This is very interesting, thank you.

I wouldn't have to worry about where any of mine were- as I would have turned him in. Now the worry about the entire thing- I understand that.

This is how parents act: Family pleas for help after North Port woman, 22, goes missing during cross-country trip | WFLA when their kid is missing, and this is how a parent handles one that has done wrong;
Mom turns in 15-year-old son wanted in deadly quadruple shooting, New Orleans cops say
https://www.sunherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article253200053.html

imo

well yeah—that too! For sure I would have turned him in. But I really believe he lied to them when he returned. Although once they had doubts they should have turned him in—but he wasn’t named an official suspect yet IIRC. Moo

Gabby Petito's body was found 'a five-minute walk from her and Brian Laundrie's van' | Daily Mail Online

Gabby Petito's family shared, during an emotional interview where her body was found.
•about a 5 min walk from the van
•an isolated area
•an area of dispersed campgrounds on the borderline of Bridger-Teton National Forest, about 40 feet away from where Grand Teton National Park begins
•in order to get to that area, campers would have to cross over the creek bed that separated the campgrounds from the area where police found Petito and Laundrie's van (I’m confused)
•an area where there was a few trees and there was the remnants of a fire ring there

He added that North Port police "had to postpone" the elder's Laundrie's participation and that he did not take part in the search Wednesday, which saw an increased police presence after resources appeared to have been drawn down over the weekend.

"Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist," he added, referring to both of Brian Laundrie's parents.

Josh Taylor, the North Port Police Department's chief spokesman, told Fox News that his department did not ask for Chris Laundrie's involvement – nor did police "postpone" it.

"In no world would we ask or have any actions like that," he said, deferring further questions to the FBI.

And Pat Diaz, a former Miami-Dade homicide detective who also served on FBI task forces, said he doubted federal investigators would bring in a suspect's father to help their search.

"They may have found stuff in the reserve for the father to identify," he said. "Not a body, but belongings."

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says
The Laundries were most likely assuming LE would have no comment. It's what they usually do. This time, LE commented and corrected the record.

Just an off the wall question.
What is the general consensus
Are the Laundrie Parents thought to be somewhat sophisticated, or are they regular people with no life experience that would guide them in this matter.
Wouldn't be surprised either way especially after the snippets we got today... had a far more socially awkward vibe than I expected.

Just an off the wall question.
What is the general consensus
Are the Laundrie Parents thought to be somewhat sophisticated, or are they regular people with no life experience that would guide them in this matter.

I don't know what everyone thinks but I do know what I think.

I think they are paranoid, unfeeling, frightened, narcissists without a moral compass.

Just like their son.

MOO

North Port police spokesman Josh Taylor disputes this claim from Bertolino. "In no world would we ask or have any actions like that," he said, deferring further questions to the FBI.
https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1445913795881275392?s=21
What in THEE heck. I've been on SB's case since his first words, but even I am agape at how wrong, how irresponsible, and how quickly, flatly, and fully rejected by LE this was. I'm struggling to think how am attorney could get this so wrong.

Not going to speculate on the various endemic issues that are particularly high in the lawyer population, but I can't figure where this could have come from. Even if some NPPD detective was trying to float an idea, saw interest from SB, but then ran it up the pole, got smacked down, and came back to tell SB "scratch that" in a face-saving way, SB should have known better than to run with it publicly, for many reasons. The quickness and absoluteness of the NPPD statement could also be self-serving, but it points up how ludicrous it was for SB to believe or state it.

But congrats, Steve, now you've made it clear beyond all doubt that LE cannot trust you with anything.

Could it be lawyer SB receives his info from CL pere, not from police...? And CL pere is going ever so slightly off his head?

This all seems so far-fetched. Are we absolutely certain that it's the real Steve, who is messaging all these people? Have they actually ever spoken with him face to face, that we know of?

If someone were pretending to be me I'd sue them so fast they wouldn't know what hit them. With a damages expert calculating how much it cost me in good will and reputation. I would be planning my retirement based around those texts. So I think it has to be him.

I read yesterday someone posted the difference in some of SB's copied tweets or text messages posted on twitter. I think one is SB and the other is S at the top of the copied message. One his full name under SB and the other Stephen. I'll keep and eye on it. Can't say for sure but the lawyer alone isn't doing himself any good. jmo
It could just be that different reporters have his info stored differently in their phones. BE said at one point that he was messaging the reporters individually. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid