Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito's body was found 'a five-minute walk from her and Brian Laundrie's van' | Daily Mail Online

'Her body was found — I guess it would be in front of a tent, if that's what was there — or just in front of the fire ring... there was definitely a fire ring there,' her stepfather, Jim Schmidt, shared.

'It wasn't far from the van. It was a five minute walk,' Petito's mother, Nichole Schmidt echoed.

Jim, who visited the location on the outskirts of Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming where Petito's body was found, painted a vivid picture of the isolated area.

'You would have to want to go out over into that area,' he said.

Jim said his stepdaughter's remains were found in an area of dispersed campgrounds on the borderline of Bridger-Teton National Forest, about 40 feet away from where Grand Teton National Park begins.

He explained in order to get to that area, campers would have to cross over the creek bed that separated the campgrounds from the area where police found Petito and Laundrie's van.

'So you have to cross over this creek bed, this rock area, and go through these tributaries and once you get on the other side it's just some trees sparsely placed throughout and a lot sage brush, a lot of low brush,' he shared.

'It was in an area where there was a few trees and there was the remnants of a fire ring there...There was a clearing where I would assume - knowing I have a similar tent, where I would place my tent - and that opening would face out overlooking the mountain range.'

Jim left a stone cross and flowers in the exact location where she was found.

North Port police spokesman Josh Taylor disputes this claim from Bertolino. "In no world would we ask or have any actions like that," he said, deferring further questions to the FBI.
https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1445913795881275392?s=21
https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1445913795881275392?s=21

Another own goal. Why would you release any statement at all just for NPPD to say it's not true?

There is an old saying that I jokingly tell clients all the time - It's better to say nothing and let them think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove it.

Another own goal. Why would you release any statement at all just for NPPD to say it's not true?

There is an old saying that I jokingly tell clients all the time - It's better to say nothing and let them think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove it.
This whole thing fell apart even faster than I imagined.

Self inflicted wound after self inflicted wound. This clown can't get out of his own way.

Could BL be in hiding while his wounds are healing? Gabby scratched his face before, certainly she would again in defense.

In Australia we had a husband murder his wife, luckily the cops were smart enough to realise the scratch marks weren't from the razor like he insisted and photos of him were taken the morning after the murder. Then he went into hiding and grew a beard to cover those cratches while they healed.
His name was Gerard Baden-Clay, he was found guilty and is still stitting inside a concrete box.

<modsnip - removed images due to no url link for source>

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it is because the warrant lists him as something of a danger, his behavior may be a public risk, and it would add total chaos to this already confusing case. JMO>

That is part of the weirdness of this fugitive story. It’s baffling the parents are not going bonkers looking for him. Especially since they wouldn’t be unusual for Brian’s parents to feel that whatever happened was not his fault, especially when Brian first fled.

But it is also weird that LE is not taking the expected steps to keep the public safe. Is he likely armed? Public should know. Someone could charitably take him into their home if they don’t know he is a fugitive. If that doesn’t put the host in danger, it still makes Brian harder to find!

You’re right. I’m in.

This would be a great letter to send them. You never know what might make a difference at this point. Jmo.

The Petitos tried a letter. It didn’t budge the Laundries.

The letter reads as follows:

Christopher and Roberta Laundrie,

We are writing this letter to ask you to help find our beautiful daughter. We understand you are going through a difficult time and your instinct to protect your son is strong. We ask you to put yourselves in our shoes. We haven't been able to sleep or eat and our lives are falling apart.

We believe you know the location where Brian left Gabby. We beg you to tell us. As a parent, how could you let us go through this pain and not help us. As a parent, how could you put Gabby's younger brothers and sisters through this.

Gabby lived with you for over a year. She was going to be your daughter in law. How can you keep her location hidden? You were both at Jim and Nichole's house. You were both so happy that Brian and Gabby got engaged and were planning to spend their lives together. Please, if you or your family has any decency left, please tell us where Gabby is located. Tell us if we are even looking in the right place.

All we want is Gabby to come home. Please help us make that happen.

Jim Schmidt
Nichole Schmidt
Joe Petito
Tara Petito

Gabby Petito's family pens letter to Laundries begging for information in daughter's disappearance

This all seems so far-fetched. Are we absolutely certain that it's the real Steve, who is messaging all these people? Have they actually ever spoken with him face to face, that we know of?

If anyone is stuck behind a paywall, here is the text of the article:

Brian Laundrie's father has agreed to join police in Florida in the coming days on a search of a vast wildlife reserve for his son, the 23-year-old "person of interest" in the homicide of former fiancee Gabrielle Petito, the Laundrie family attorney said Wednesday.

Lawyer Steven Bertolino said a North Port police detective asked for the assistance of Christopher Laundrie as they continue to search the Carlton Reserve where Brian Laundrie was said to have gone hiking Sept. 13. His parents reported him missing four days later.

"The North Port police informed me that they were focusing on certain areas of the preserve today and they were actually hoping that Mr. Laundrie could join them on that search," Bertolino said in a phone interview Wednesday. "Mr. Laundrie has consented and we are waiting for the call from the North Port Police Department to make that happen."

Bertolino said the detective on the case initially wanted Christopher Laundrie to help in the search Wednesday, but police wanted to focus on a specific area of the reserve and thought it "would be better if Chris wasn’t there."

<modsnip- snipped to comply with 10% copyright rules>

By Nicole Fullernicole.fuller@newsday.com

Gabby’s death is tragic, I am in no way trying to take away from that, but I think it is almost funny, 3 weeks later, Brian’s daddy decides to join the search. I am not a hiker and I abhor snakes, but I would be searching day 1 if my kid was missing.

This whole thing fell apart even faster than I imagined.

Self inflicted wound after self inflicted wound. This clown can't get out of his own way.

It's just so bizarre. The only thing I can think of is that CL or RL are really driving the train and the lawyer just does what they ask rather than counseling them on why this may be inappropriate.

Because there is NO ONE sitting there waiting for the attorney to make a statement (except us). It's not part of a normal investigation or representation or even civil litigation. So it just confuses me how this became a regular part of this case.

Sometimes you see really famous plaintiff lawyers participate in a defense and they are making statements from the courthouse steps. It's because that is what they are used to doing so they continue doing it. But for the remaining 99.99% of attorneys, repeated public statements are just not part of the job.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says

24 mins ago

Brian Laundrie’s attorney said Wednesday that Christopher Laundrie would begin assisting authorities in the search for his son.

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today," Steve Bertolino, the family's attorney, told Fox News Wednesday night. "Since the preserve has been closed to the public, Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be."

"The North Port police informed me that they were focusing on certain areas of the preserve today and they were actually hoping that Mr. Laundrie could join them on that search," Bertolino told the newspaper. "Mr. Laundrie has consented and we are waiting for the call from the North Port Police Department to make that happen."

….

He added that North Port police "had to postpone" the elder's Laundrie's participation and that he did not take part in the search Wednesday, which saw an increased police presence after resources appeared to have been drawn down over the weekend.

"Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist," he added, referring to both of Brian Laundrie's parents.

Brian’s whereabouts remained unknown as of Wednesday evening – but a search at the reserve has continued for weeks.

Questions

•Reason for postponing the search with the help of Brian’s father?
•Any specifics on the “certain areas of focus” mentioned in the article?

NPPD came out real fast to say, “nope, we can’t make that call.” Brian Laundrie’s parents hoping to assist in search for son soon, attorney says

So unbelievably unprofessional. Blows me away! jmo

This all seems so far-fetched. Are we absolutely certain that it's the real Steve, who is messaging all these people? Have they actually ever spoken with him face to face, that we know of?
My guess is if it wasn’t the real deal we would be hearing from the family? But wouldn’t that be a hoot? This guy pretending to be “our lawyer” isn’t really? How would that play in this scenario ?
I’m about over these people now.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members