Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarasota County sheriff's office says it's been asked to help look for Laundrie at nature reserve - CNN

The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office was asked to help Wednesday morning in the search for Brian Laundrie at a Florida nature reserve, the office said.

Aerial video recorded above the Carlton Reserve showed police vehicles in the area.

Steven Bertolino, an attorney for Laundrie's parents, confirmed to CNN that authorities are communicating with him about any developments, but said he was otherwise unable to comment.

North Port police confirmed Wednesday that an abandoned vehicle notice was placed on a Ford Mustang belonging to the Laundrie family outside the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on September 14.

Myakkahatchee park is an entrance to the Carlton Reserve.

Bertolino told CNN on Wednesday that Laundrie's father, Chris, went to look for him on the night of September 13 when he didn't return from the park.

The next day, on September 14, both of Brian's parents returned to the area to look for Brian and saw the citation on the car, Bertolino said.

The parents returned again the next day, September 15, to retrieve the vehicle.

According to the lawyer’s statement in this article:

September 13
•Brian tells his parents he is going for a hike in the preserve.
•Brian doesn’t return to his parent’s house
•Brian’s father drives to the nature preserve to look for him
-assuming he did not find Brian.
-Did his father see the Mustang parked there on the 13th?

September 14
•Brian’s father and mother drive to the nature preserve to look for him again
•His parents see the Mustang and find a citation on the vehicle.

September 15
•Brian’s parents return to the nature preserve again
•The Mustang is retrieved

September 17
•parents report Brian missing

Questions:
•Did Brian’s father see the Mustang parked at the preserve on the night of the 13th?
•Did his parents look for Brian on the 15th as well? Or did they just go to retrieve the Mustang?
•Why did they wait until the 17th to report him missing?
•How long did they look for him on the 13-14th?
•Were his parents aware he left his wallet and (especially) his phone at home?
IF NOT, Are there phone records that show the parents attempting to call him?

To Note: (questions are based on merely using and go off the info provided from the article, not my personal opinion on what I think may or may not have happened.)
One would think that park rangers would follow-up when a guest did not return to their vehicle by closing time. I understand the vehicle was not parked in the authorized parking lot itself, but even so wouldn't rangers wonder what happened to a guest that did not make it back to their car? That guest could be lost, injured, snake-bitten who knows what. But they just ticket the car with no follow-up. It was well into the next afternoon and the guest/guests had still not made it back to the car? It should have occurred to the rangers that someone was possibly in trouble.

That's not good and could have created an unsafe situation for a random hiker that was not Brian. Maybe someone needed actual help.

The "family attorney", and I have said this before is only doing the family the only service of telling them to keep quiet..they need a criminal attorney. I hope this isn't a setup for ineffective counsel.

Re-posting from the same article. He wasn't allowed to search the park before. Which makes total sense.

"He was excited to go because he hasn't been allowed in the park," Bertolino said. "The park has been closed to the public. … The only place they would look for Brian is in the park."
Most cases I've followed when someone is missing, they forbid the family from searching. That has always been acceptable to people on WS. Now in this case...it's not. It is a heroic statement by the attorney to use in trial, it's a lie, it's too little too late etc. I just hope he can aid in bringing closure to where BL is, or was, or wasn't. It doesn't matter to me, the reason he's doing it!
Edited to add...I agree with you ring bearer.

So you think they went looking for Brian at the reserve at 7pm, in flip flops, for hours? The reserve closed at sunset, which was at 7:35.
MOO
No, this was just showing the Dodge leaving the driveway on the 14th with the Mustang missing.

I think I'm missing something. Doesn't family usually help in the search for loved ones. If only to put up missing person posters. Why now is BL's dad helping? Why are they announcing this event? No mom, no sister, no brother in-law helping? RIP Gabby

Wondering what they had in mind for Mr. Laundrie to do? Point out his favorite bench or fishing spot??

Most cases I've followed when someone is missing, they forbid the family from searching. That has always been acceptable to people on WS. Now in this case...it's not. It is a heroic statement by the attorney to use in trial, it's a lie, it's too little too late etc. I just hope he can aid in bringing closure to where BL is, or was, or wasn't. It doesn't matter to me, the reason he's doing it!

true...they are prohibited from the active search but they usually are involved in other ways...not hiding behind an attorney

That map shows the limt of Carlton Reserve, the green border:
https://www.scgov.net/home/showpublisheddocument/30004/636537024246000000

Windy Sawgrass is near marker 43 according to this:
Windy Sawgrass

Windy Sawgrass Trail maybe crosses from Myakka to Carlton?

Two trails go into Myakka from Carlton.

From a local's point of view...
The old Florida cattle trail can be followed from Carlton into Myakka and all the way up to Georgia. Avid hikers and outdoorsman know it. There is no map (that I know of) for it.

Carlton Reserve had the first dipping stations for cattle in FL, and they were dispersed all the way up to Georgia before the cattle could be put on a train.
Follow the dipping stations (concrete bowls in the ground) and you can make your way easily into Georgia.
would there ordinarily be fall deer hunting at the Reserve?

Nope, it's pretty much a sanctuary. The only hunting that is allowed are wild pigs and most of those are trapped. In order to trap pigs, you have to be licensed and hired by the county.

I’ve got a son the same age as BL. I’m trying to wrap my head around how I would feel if this, god forbid, happened to us. I think I would rather he be alive and in jail for the rest of his life than dead. I think I would be pretty desperate to find him, unless I already knew where he was. The not knowing his fate would drive me crazy. The parents have got to want this all to end. All MOO.

I’m guessing BL’s father is seeing the handwriting on the wall after his own daughter spoke quite unfavorably about her parents and also asked BL to turn himself in. This is no doubt the unraveling of this family and their secrets. JMHO

I am waiting till their lawyer steps in front of a mike. I dont even know what he looks like.
I agree, and most youtubers just plunk their camera in front of them and talk or do mundane things for those 20 minutes, with a bit of graphics and some clips interspersed. IMO Gabby crafted an 8 minute music video/love poem, something from her heart, not just 'content'.

IMO discussing the social media is only relevant because it was produced just before she died, so it does reflect her state of mind (ie not wanting to break up with Brian, her visions for her future), and secondly, IMO it's a big reason why her case captured so much attention. On the one hand there's her social media, on the other there's the Moab video and her disappearance/death, and the two do not align at all.

Gabby had talent. She had an eye for cinematography. I suspect they both did. Maybe they planned the trip, saved for it, but did not realize how much time and effort would be needed to generate money from their VanLife. And harder to spend time apart when on the road.

Do we know if Laundries charged them rent, or let them spend all their money on their dream?

We don't know.....maybe after a couple years they would have gone to college for a career in media. Film. They both obviously did not want a traditional life. I do not see narcissism but insecurity on both their parts.

The Laundrie family, it seems, has become public enemy number two, surpassed only by their son. Unfortunately, they really are so disliked that they are in the position that there is nothing that they could possibly do that's right, without garnering further criticism and disdain.
I'm not sure how and why this new development came about (and what their or LE's motives are) but have decided that I will celebrate the fact that at least, it seems, we're moving forward. And, regardless of where that takes us in this tragedy, movement is a good thing. MOOing.

Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino says Chris Laundrie was asked to help police in search at the reserve today.

Full Bertolino statement:

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445901972435922950?s=21
Strange that only Chris was asked to assist. Maybe they believe he will talk without Roberta present.

Lol. I can see a follow up statement tomorrow about "wires being crossed," and the attorney saying that law enforcement doesn't want his client's help, but he is willing to assist in any way he can.

I find this to be incredibly dubious.
I'm just not picking up what the L's are putting down.
I’ve heavily suspected he’s a narcissist too. IMO the murder happened partly as a result of the incident at the restaurant where IIRC she apologized for his behavior. That would really upset a narcissist who always has to be viewed as the best one in the room IMO. If this is true there’s a high probability he told his parents a complete lie when he arrived home.
I’m baffled by this newest search. He’s been in this park, avoiding the search dogs and the police this whole time? They are letting his dad join them? So strange.

Totally agree, so strange and now that we know he is no Bear Grylls on top of what you've said, it seems unlikely he's there camping, dodging searchers and well trained Canines.

Edited to add...I agree with you ring bearer.
They can't have family join the search because they will contaminate the search area with their genetic detritus.
The Laundries likely have some of BL's genetic material on them. This could confuse search dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997