Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino says Chris Laundrie was asked to help police in search at the reserve today.

Full Bertolino statement:

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445901972435922950?s=21
What a surprise! /s

Please could someone advise if a lawyer and an attorney are one and the same? Is it just different terminology? I don't really hear 'attorney' used much here in the UK.

I ask in relation to SB, as I've seen him referenced as the Laundrie's lawyer, but then sometimes I see the term 'attorney' too but this seems to be more in reference to court cases I think?

TIA
In the US, the words "attorney" and "lawyer" are interchangeable. IIRC, the English word for American "attorney" who does advising and lawyer-y kinds of things is "solicitor". Attorneys in the US also appear in court before a judge; I'm thinking in UK, the court aspect is not handled by a "solicitor", but by a legal person called a "barrister".

My favorite aspect of all this..... The barristers who wear those awesome fun white wigs. They're even funnier when women wear them, and definitely more engaging than calling women attorneys in the US "esquires", as though all attorneys are men. Sheesh.

Last edited:
I can’t find any footage of the Dodge RAM leaving the Laundrie’s driveway on 9/13, and the only time I’ve seen it leave on the 14th, it was 7pm and it was CL only. (Per BE’s Twitter…that was his first tweet from the house.)
Maximize the screen and you'll notice RL got into the passenger side also.
Brian Entin on Twitter: "Reposting this thread in light of attorney's latest statement changing dates. The original timeline never quite made sense based on our own observations of the Mustang." / Twitter

Brian Laundrie's father is expected to join police in Florida in the coming days on a search of a vast wildlife reserve for the 23-year-old "person of interest" in the homicide of his former fiancee Gabrielle Petito, the Laundrie family attorney said Wednesday.

Lawyer Steven Bertolino said a North Port police detective asked for the assistance of Christopher Laundrie as they continue to search the Carlton Reserve where Brian Laundrie was said to have gone hiking Sept. 13. His parents reported him missing four days later.

"The North Port police informed me that they were focusing on certain areas of the preserve today and they were actually hoping that Mr. Laundrie could join them on that search," Bertolino said in a phone interview Wednesday. "Mr. Laundrie has consented and we are waiting for the call from the North Port Police Department to make that happen."
Right. So if pops says I think Brian would have gone over HERE.......I hope LE checks instead over THERE.

I think I'm missing something. Doesn't family usually help in the search for loved ones. If only to put up missing person posters. Why now is BL's dad helping? Why are they announcing this event? No mom, no sister, no brother in-law helping? RIP Gabby

Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino says Chris Laundrie was asked to help police in search at the reserve today.

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris' involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

CL & RL are now hoping to help?!?

Sorry to say that ship has sailed.

Besides that, what do they expect CL to do to assist that 100's of trained LE couldn't? :eek:

Just for the record, and nothing against GP (she was just a beginner, after all), but most vanlifers put out at least one video a week and some do more if they are piling up a lot of video do to doing lots of cool stuff. Video are usually 20-30 minutes as well since there is more money in those. I think over time and experience they might have gotten a few followers because she is white, blond, cute, cheerful, adventurous and generally heartwarming. And he was the soft spoken, rock hopping, adventuress type with the counter culture opinions and devotion to his girl. But that coupling is pretty played out in the vanlife influencer spectrum. Might get them 20-30k followers if they were really lucky. To get more you have to have been an early entry into the vanlife channels or be doing some spectacular stuff.
I agree, and most youtubers just plunk their camera in front of them and talk or do mundane things for those 20 minutes, with a bit of graphics and some clips interspersed. IMO Gabby crafted an 8 minute music video/love poem, something from her heart, not just 'content'.

IMO discussing the social media is only relevant because it was produced just before she died, so it does reflect her state of mind (ie not wanting to break up with Brian, her visions for her future), and secondly, IMO it's a big reason why her case captured so much attention. On the one hand there's her social media, on the other there's the Moab video and her disappearance/death, and the two do not align at all.

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

Ok...

Lol. I can see a follow up statement tomorrow about "wires being crossed," and the attorney saying that law enforcement doesn't want his client's help, but he is willing to assist in any way he can.

I find this to be incredibly dubious.
I agree with you Massguy. AND,,,, why would NPPD be the one allegedly requesting his help,,,, isn’t the FBI in charge? Sheesh this is all eye rolling to say the least.

Some NY-area lawyers/people are not known for their eloquence. And it's the lawyer's word, not necessarily the Dad's.
If he’s making a public statement on behalf of his clients, he needs to be more careful. It’s a pattern we’ve seen from him, and it’s irresponsible.
I’ve lived in the NY area (LI/Manhattan) for 41 years and I’m more careful than he when talking to my dog.
MOO.

In the US, the words "attorney" and "lawyer" are interchangeable. IIRC, the English word for American "attorney" who does advising and lawyer-y kinds of things is "solicitor". Attorneys in the US also appear in court before a judge; I'm thinking in UK, the court aspect is not handled by a "solicitor", but by a legal person called a "barrister".
Correct.

I agree, and most you tubers just plunk their camera in front of them and talk or do mundane things for those 20 minutes, with a bit of graphics and some clips interspersed. IMO Gabby crafted an 8 minute music video/love poem, something from her heart, not just 'content'.

IMO discussing the social media is only relevant because it was produced just before she died, so it does reflect her state of mind (ie not wanting to break up with Brian, her visions for her future), and secondly, IMO it's a big reason why her case captured so much attention. On the one hand there's her social media, on the other there's the Moab video and her disappearance/death, and the two do not align at all.
I see the first video as their "channel trailer" which is normally a little different from the rest of the videos on a channel. She clearly really wanted this, and its so upsetting to see her attain it through these circumstances. Its a flooded market but I do think she could have carved a place into it. MOO

Someone just asked B Entin where he is on his livestream right now & he said “I’m outside the laundries house, where I always am.” :D Nothing in this case is funny but it made me laugh for a sec because we’ve all been outside that house with him for weeks now

He can also get in pro hac vice if he has a local attorney working with him.

I understand that. I also understand he seems to be in so far over his head, he is more of a hindrance than anything. @gitana1 , I saw he can apply to admit via motion in WY- of he meets their criteria- is that something do-able or very rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997