Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says

24 mins ago

Brian Laundrie’s attorney said Wednesday that Christopher Laundrie would begin assisting authorities in the search for his son.

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today," Steve Bertolino, the family's attorney, told Fox News Wednesday night. "Since the preserve has been closed to the public, Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be."

"The North Port police informed me that they were focusing on certain areas of the preserve today and they were actually hoping that Mr. Laundrie could join them on that search," Bertolino told the newspaper. "Mr. Laundrie has consented and we are waiting for the call from the North Port Police Department to make that happen."

….

He added that North Port police "had to postpone" the elder's Laundrie's participation and that he did not take part in the search Wednesday, which saw an increased police presence after resources appeared to have been drawn down over the weekend.

"Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist," he added, referring to both of Brian Laundrie's parents.

Brian’s whereabouts remained unknown as of Wednesday evening – but a search at the reserve has continued for weeks.

Questions

•Reason for postponing the search with the help of Brian’s father?
•Any specifics on the “certain areas of focus” mentioned in the article?

Hmm. This augmentation after consultation with the FBI seems more like a little more cooperation after being caught in a lie to me.
How so? What is the lie and link.
true...they are prohibited from the active search but they usually are involved in other ways...not hiding behind an attorney
I am referring to the family not searching, since this is the hot topic here right now. There are way too many issues that make their behaviour questionable to discuss in one post. I was referring to the issue in the post.

Regarding the Dr. Phil interview, I'm surprised Gabby's Mom didn't say anything about being on the phone with Gabby at the Moab police stop, what she was thinking when she heard what was going on.

She may have been told by the FBI not to talk about it. If the FBI believes this was a domestic violence related murder (which it looks like), previous incidents of DV may be relevant in a potential future murder trial.

Anyone think that maybe they are having his dad come “help” because they are closing in on Brian and want his dad there as leverage to help get BL to come peacefully?
Nope. It's a ruse to split the parents and get some one-on-one LE time with the dad. They won't take dad to the focused search site. They never do. They don't want parents stumbling on the remains of their child or destroying evidence in a critical area.

Instead of separating the parents in interview rooms - which the Laundries refuse to do - they split one of them off with this ruse. It was probably delayed for today because it still needed one or more officials to sign off on the operation.

JMO

They can't have family join the search because they will contaminate the search area with their genetic detritus.
The Laundries likely have some of BL's genetic material on them. This could confuse search dogs.
I know this, but that's not what I was addressing.

Two trails go into Myakka from Carlton.

From a local's point of view...
The old Florida cattle trail can be followed from Carlton into Myakka and all the way up to Georgia. Avid hikers and outdoorsman know it. There is no map (that I know of) for it.

Carlton Reserve had the first dipping stations for cattle in FL, and they were dispersed all the way up to Georgia before the cattle could be put on a train.
Follow the dipping stations (concrete bowls in the ground) and you can make your way easily into Georgia.

Nope, it's pretty much a sanctuary. The only hunting that is allowed are wild pigs and most of those are trapped. In order to trap pigs, you have to be licensed and hired by the county.

was it flooded enough recently that BL could have drowned in it even if he knew his way around more or less?

Just an off the wall question.
What is the general consensus
Are the Laundrie Parents thought to be somewhat sophisticated, or are they regular people with no life experience that would guide them in this matter.

I’ve got a son the same age as BL. I’m trying to wrap my head around how I would feel if this, god forbid, happened to us. I think I would rather he be alive and in jail for the rest of his life than dead. I think I would be pretty desperate to find him, unless I already knew where he was. The not knowing his fate would drive me crazy. The parents have got to want this all to end. All MOO.

I wouldn't have to worry about where any of mine were- as I would have turned him in. Now the worry about the entire thing- I understand that.

This is how parents act: Family pleas for help after North Port woman, 22, goes missing during cross-country trip | WFLA when their kid is missing, and this is how a parent handles one that has done wrong;
Mom turns in 15-year-old son wanted in deadly quadruple shooting, New Orleans cops say
https://www.sunherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article253200053.html

imo

Gabby Petito: Police ramping up search at Carlton Reserve in Brian Laundrie case: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says

Gabby Petito’s parents couldn’t stomach 911 call over domestic incident

Gabby Petito's YouTube video posted while Brian Laundrie left her in Utah

Police presence seen at Carlton Reserve

Brian Laundrie's survival skills are mediocre, sister Cassie says

Wanted posters for fugitive Brian Laundrie go up in Cary, N.C.

Gabby Petito’s father reveals what he wants to happen to Brian if he is guilty

Brian Laundrie should surrender, former fugitive says

Gabby Petito's parents say fugitive fiancé still alive, recall learning tragic news

Cassie Laundrie has a new message for fugitive brother Brian

Regarding the Dr. Phil interview, I'm surprised Gabby's Mom didn't say anything about being on the phone with Gabby at the Moab police stop, what she was thinking when she heard what was going on.

I think FBI has told everyone not to talk about certain subjects. Especially Brian's trip back home on 8/17 and anything about the ongoing breakups. Could influence jury??

IMO, “excited” is a word you use when you’re going on vacation or you land a great job. It is not the word you use when you’re asked to participate in searching for your son, who’s been missing for 3 weeks and has a federal warrant out for his arrest. I doubt Gabby’s stepdad would have used that word when he flew out to Wyoming. That word choice by SB is grotesque.
I hated that he used the word “excited.” It like physically made me uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997