Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsday is the paper of record here on Long Island (where SB is based). They are typically accurate, have won Pulitzers, etc.

Indeed:

Newsday - Wikipedia

"Newsday has won 19 Pulitzer Prizes and has been a finalist for 20 more.

As of 2009, its weekday circulation of 377,500 was the 11th-highest in the United States, and the highest among suburban newspapers. By January 2014, Newsday's total average circulation was 437,000 on weekdays, 434,000 on Saturdays and 495,000 on Sundays."

Now that Gabby’s stepfather gave us the picture of where she was murdered, the scene if you will, my sense is that BL killed her with his bare hands and that he did it in front of that beautiful fire on the night of August 27, or more likely after midnight in the early hours of August 28.
Was her body intact or did he say? Sorry to be graphic, I would like to know what forensics will be possible. Jmo

I’ve followed countless missing persons cases - watched live during active searches - and this one? It’s “off” - something isn’t right IMO - I’m waiting

JMO
bbm
I've mentioned before that I have a friend who is in a search & rescue group here in NC. She's been at it for years.
When I asked her about this one, she is a bit mystified about how it's going as well. Her curiosity is up a couple of notches on this one -- she doesn't watch many, of course, but this one...

The whole event is starting to take on all the elements of an Eugen Ionescu play.. a man who sort of started the Theatre of the Absurd era. In these plays by Ionescu, coherent language is dismissed, one of the startling happenings is, various people strut across the stage, in the middle of someone else's dialogue and scream inanities at the audience.. and strut off , never to be seen or referred to again ..

This sudden entrance , among so many unforgettable characters in this very American crime is the resurrection of a former fugitive, reeling off the educational advances he made in prison.

I don't know how much more of this I can take....

It’s like real life is written by Samuel Beckett…

Newsday is the paper of record here on Long Island (where SB is based). They are typically accurate, have won Pulitzers, etc.

I agree completely. I think it is interesting that he gave them this story and not the big national guys, again. I dont believe he has done that before, and if so, maybe I just haven't seen it here.

Gabby Petito's body was found 'a five-minute walk from her and Brian Laundrie's van' | Daily Mail Online

'Her body was found — I guess it would be in front of a tent, if that's what was there — or just in front of the fire ring... there was definitely a fire ring there,' her stepfather, Jim Schmidt, shared.

'It wasn't far from the van. It was a five minute walk,' Petito's mother, Nichole Schmidt echoed.

Jim, who visited the location on the outskirts of Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming where Petito's body was found, painted a vivid picture of the isolated area.

'You would have to want to go out over into that area,' he said.

Jim said his stepdaughter's remains were found in an area of dispersed campgrounds on the borderline of Bridger-Teton National Forest, about 40 feet away from where Grand Teton National Park begins.

He explained in order to get to that area, campers would have to cross over the creek bed that separated the campgrounds from the area where police found Petito and Laundrie's van.

'So you have to cross over this creek bed, this rock area, and go through these tributaries and once you get on the other side it's just some trees sparsely placed throughout and a lot sage brush, a lot of low brush,' he shared.

'It was in an area where there was a few trees and there was the remnants of a fire ring there...There was a clearing where I would assume - knowing I have a similar tent, where I would place my tent - and that opening would face out overlooking the mountain range.'

Jim left a stone cross and flowers in the exact location where she was found.
IMO they didn't have a tent here; they didn't have a tent up at all. BL got violent, GP tried to get away from him, and BL caught up to her here.

Gabby’s stepdad revealed on Dr. Phil that her body was found near a campsite about a 5-10 minute walk from where the van was parked, but was off the beaten path. He spoke about visiting the location on the outskirts of where her body was found. He described seeing the remnants of a fire ring (he saw rocks had been moved to make a fire ring) and a clearing where a tent would’ve been placed. He said that Gabby’s remains were discovered just in front of the area where the tent and fire would have been.

“The dispersed campgrounds are basically just open land where anybody can go and camp and where her van was basically alongside what was a creek bed. If you cross over the creek bed once you get over the other side it’s trees sparsely placed around and a lot of sagebrushes. He further added that you would have to want to go out over to that area. People go down to go by the creek but not a lot of people cross all the way over there, it’s not a place that is heavily trafficked.”

From the stepdad's scenario, sounds like they had one more night of camping and that's when whatever happened, happened right there.

So did BL kill her in the tent, or just outside the tent, and then leave her there, then pack up the tent and throw it away... or do we know where the tent ended up? I think it was where she was killed, IMO. But I have not read anything about where the tent ended up.

Brian Laundrie: Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of search, source says - CNN

Here’s some additional info on LE “requesting help” from Brian’s father:
Unsure who this source close to the family is…

Earlier, law enforcement had asked his father to show them trails that his son was known to have used, but then told him that because of the discovery, they wanted to search the area alone.

Sounded to me from the progression of the article, like the article was just skirting around "SB being responsible", as the parts they did quote him as proffering, pretty much echoed the words of the "unnamed" source.

NPPD to Bertolino "Ask your client if he wants to come help us (almost 3 weeks later) and contaminate any scene while he's at it, after he hasn't done a thing to date to find his son and reported him missing 4+ days later. Btw, we're not even in charge."

Who exactly is buying this? MOO.

The address where the vehicle was found is not redacted and if you google it, it's the entrance to the park that abuts the Reserve. The links are all upthread. jmo

Thank you!
You're correct & I've now updated to include that address.
*Note The blue direction line was used to assist in pinpointing the location of the 2nd group of searchers. (yellow)
Thanks again.
Here ya go. :)

Attachments

• 1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    957.7 KB · Views: 21
Uh huh. Probably local kids looking for a place to smoke and toke away from prying eyes. Or a homeless guy just trying to survive. Don't get excited.
Agree with you. I’m pretty baffled by why they’d think this is him. He had a head start on LEand I find it hard to believe the parents’ story about the reserve. I don’t know why he couldn’t be anywhere else in America at this point (figuratively as I know there are certain places that would be bad for a known fugitive). JMO.

Do tell! Where were they?

I don't work for LE so I don't know. But while we sit here and endlessly debate rumors, LE is sitting there with cold hard facts by the barrel full. Every place her credit card was used is plotted. Every place that cameras exist the footage has probably been run threw Facial recognition software. Just because we don't know something doesn't mean it isn't known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member