Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks that is helpful.

It goes on further: "For example, extreme assault on the defendant or sudden discovery of spousal adultery have traditionally been regarded as sufficient provocation, while mere words have not."
So, in a case such as a couple having an argument, the words of one person can't be claimed to have provoked a defendent into committing a crime of passion.

Yes, I read that, but did not want to quote too much because of copyright.

I also see, different states define it differently. "passion rather than judgement". I wonder how this relates to a federal crime...and if they were hitting each other?

I consider it good news actually, as if he is in fact there, I don't see any chance he's alive.

I want to hear about a development in a location that is nowhere near the preserve.

When we see this kind of activity where a "sighting" has been reported I will start to believe that he's not in that swamp. LE doesn't seem to be doing much about any of the sightings so far, as if they know it would be a waste of time.

I'm not sure why this is news, or why the media have to quote his lawyer. The evidence is right there on YouTube, any journalist could have checked that for themselves. I guess they need to to have absolutely everything spoon fed to them so they can state it in quotation marks?

I noticed it weeks ago and my thoughts were that she, at least, must have been very committed to the relationship in posting that video all about the two of them together, in love.

And then my thoughts were the tragic irony that a week after her posting that video, it appears he murdered her.

I haven't kept up but is this the first time his trip back to FL was confirmed by his attorney?

Another day. This is taking longer than the War of the Roses..

If Brian is alive, and it's been this long, he would not be existing in a sort of Tom Hanks Castaway mode. To be this evasive, and be so successful in evasion he must be in possession of some finely tuned electronic stuff, that manages to alert him to be ahead of the huge search operation. ..

Scanner, tracker, internet, phone, ... perhaps, because of all this tracking he has to do himself, his base would be static, not a shift-around temporary setup. He couldn't carry all this stuff.....

On the other hand.. no buzzards.... ..

:eek:

ps I read everyones' posts. my like thingy is playing up.

Thanks that is helpful.

It goes on further: "For example, extreme assault on the defendant or sudden discovery of spousal adultery have traditionally been regarded as sufficient provocation, while mere words have not."
So, in a case such as a couple having an argument, the words of one person can't be claimed to have provoked a defendent into committing a crime of passion.

Yes, I read that, but did not want to quote too much because of copyright.

I also see, different states define it differently. "passion rather than judgement". I wonder how this relates to a federal crime...and if they were hitting each other?
BBM: I thought he got in the van drivers seat, wouldn't let her in and she crawled over him - that's not going for a walk to cool down IMO; that's attempting to leave her on the side of the road.

Could have been to lock himself in after it got physical, not necessarily to drive off. I did noticed that. Just that there are other ways to explain their actions.

I consider it good news actually, as if he is in fact there, I don't see any chance he's alive.

I want to hear about a development in a location that is nowhere near the preserve.
Yes. Wouldn't that be grand.
But I have read differing opinions on the ability to survive in the Preserve.
Based on that, when following today, I thought he could still be alive.
My assessment of the parent's being unaware is waning.
What a cluster.
MOO.

Surprisingly, not all but a lot of the account they gave officers matched. I dont think they had time to get their stories to match, they were not expecting to be stopped. I believe Gabby. IMO.

When I watched the original bodycam video from the first responding officer, didn't he (the first responding officer/the officer whose bodycam footage it is) actually say to another officer that BL's and GL's stories weren't lining up exactly the same? He explained why and then the other officer was like, nah, they're the same. (I'm paraphrasing here, obviously.) I remember watching and hoping the officer would be more confident in his own opinion, but I got the feeling the other one had more seniority/authority and he just went along. To me personally, it seemed the other officer just wanted to speed things along and get on with his day, based on his demeanor.

Edited to add: everything above is just my opinion:)

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of posts on the retainer issue. Some attorneys stating they don't even ask for one. Maybe I should explain why I even raise the question and why it is that I keep wanting to know the date. This is MOO.

A retainer is a contract - sometimes a fee agreement, but it generally indicates the date it is agreed that there will be legal representation, on/for what, at what rate (or by which method) and date privilege established. MOO Most jurisdictions require a written retainer but not all, and it's not law. There must be some date, however, from which the legal relationship for this matter was formed. IMOO.

This date - from which the legal relationship between Bertolino and BL, and the date Bertolino's representation of BL was formed for "this" matter has always seemed to me (IMOO) to be the million dollar question.

I believe "who" retained him, "when" and "why" would tell us a lot about who knew what and when. MOO As I said last night I believe it would shine a Flood light, not a spot light, into the date of certain parties knowledge. MOOO. Not fact.
Yes we have a sentence that says basically our attorney client relationship is formed as of the date of the engagement letter - not contingent on their acceptance or payment / so privilege begins for us as of that date
IMO
Also to note - in long term client relationship we don’t do engagements or retainers - we have clients going back 50 years and their privilege began back then. If SB reveals any dates regarding his relationship beyond the “years” I will be shocked. jmo

Another day. This is taking longer than the War of the Roses..

If Brian is alive, and it's been this long, he would not be existing in a sort of Tom Hanks Castaway mode. To be this evasive, and be so successful in evasion he must be in possession of some finely tuned electronic stuff, that manages to alert him to be ahead of the huge search operation. ..

Scanner, tracker, internet, phone, ... perhaps, because of all this tracking he has to do himself, his base would be static, not a shift-around temporary setup. He couldn't carry all this stuff.....

On the other hand.. no buzzards.... ..

:eek:

ps I read everyones' posts. my like thingy is playing up.

Alternatively, he could be huddled in a tiny hole under the root ball of a fallen tree, greenery grown up all around his entrance, a mountain of sardine cans piling up around him and drinking water that has collected in the root stumps, looking wasted away like an Auschwitz survivor.

When I watched the original bodycam video from the first responding officer, didn't he (the first responding officer/the officer whose bodycam footage it is) actually say to another officer that BL's and GL's stories weren't lining up exactly the same? He explained why and then the other officer was like, nah, they're the same. (I'm paraphrasing here, obviously.) I remember watching and hoping the officer would be more confident in his own opinion, but I got the feeling the other one had more seniority/authority and he just went along. To me personally, it seemed the other officer just wanted to speed things along and get on with his day, based on his demeanor.

The two were questioned separately — body camera footage shows Arches visitor and resource protection supervisor Melissa Hulls speaking with Petito for over one hour.

“She had a lot of anxiety about being away from him,” Hulls told the Deseret News in an exclusive interview. “Because they were both compliant and apologetic and gave us stories that matched, we didn’t feel like either of them were trying to pull the wool over our eyes or be deceiving in any way. It made more sense to separate them for the night.”

The two were back on the road in days. Weeks later, Petito was reported missing.

Unsolved murders and Petito case leave dark cloud over Moab - TownLift, Park City News

I've seen a lot of posts on the retainer issue. Some attorneys stating they don't even ask for one. Maybe I should explain why I even raise the question and why it is that I keep wanting to know the date. This is MOO.

A retainer is a contract - sometimes a fee agreement, but it generally indicates the date it is agreed that there will be legal representation, on/for what, at what rate (or by which method) and date privilege established. MOO Most jurisdictions require a written retainer but not all, and it's not law. There must be some date, however, from which the legal relationship for this matter was formed. IMOO.

This date - from which the legal relationship between Bertolino and BL, and the date Bertolino's representation of BL was formed for "this" matter has always seemed to me (IMOO) to be the million dollar question.

I believe "who" retained him, "when" and "why" would tell us a lot about who knew what and when. MOO As I said last night I believe it would shine a Flood light, not a spot light, into the date of certain parties knowledge. MOOO. Not fact.
For sure, a 2 mill dollar question, no doubt about it. My guess , he was retained on the 31st Aug, after Brians call to Mum from Wyoming..

Because it was such a cackhanded move, too, I suspect the Laundries entered into that idiotic procedure where they don't answer the Laundrie's calls on the 'advice' of the lawyer. A very bad move, but a very legal one, one maybe the parents may not have instigated , unless they received bad advice, and thought it was good advice, ( which we often do when we pay for it ) ... perhaps. Merely a guess.

And since it is beginning to unravel , albeit slowly, it is truly unravelling , even though we don't see that happening, every day looks bleak, and unrewarding.... but .. there will be an end to this.

It was an ongoing event, more than one thing took place in more than one spot around the van.

I believe after both being outside the van the witness stated that BL was hitting her, he then got into the van and locked her out. That's when she got upset and tried crawling into the open driver's side where BL was sitting and the phone hit his face while she was trying to get into her van.

I believe that was a constant threat on his part to Gabby since it was a fear of her's and caused her a lot of anxiety. She feared he was going to drive off and leave her.

That picture is an old Real Estate photo for when the house was being rented - not BL's room.

Previous real estate photo....yes, but from when the Laundries listed it previously. So, yes, a younger BL's room.

It's been discussed at length in previous threads and I made the same error myself in the past.

I watched it too many times. They took pics of BL's injuries. GP gave only verbal description. So i think no. JMO

Speaking of injuries, now that we know GP was alive at the time, I'm wondering if her second to last Instagram post (Aug 19) reused old images because she had marks on her? I'm trying to find the reason behind reusing previous pictures... she hadn't posted in days and then suddenly her knees and the van, both older images. She of course could have used different picture she hadn't posted before, so maybe nothing to it, but worth thinking about IMO.

Huge difference. I think there's a tendency to turn every killer into a remorseless psychopath, who killed for pleasure.

That's rarely the case, and there's a lot of nuance there.

I continue to believe this was a crime of passion.

I believe it was a crime of passion as well. I envision a fight that involved a cell phone. Perhaps said phone was the weapon used. It would explain the need for a quick replacement upon arrival back in Florida.

Just my current thinking and of course, MOO.

I remember officers discussed how the van hit the curve. Brian said she grabbed the steering wheel [edit out 'hit my arm']. When Gabby was asked if she grabbing the steering wheel....she said "for a second" then quickly changed it to hitting his arm.
Officer said, if someone was hitting my arm it could have felt? as if she was responsible for pulling? hitting the steering wheel, the other officer said the truth was probably somewhere in-between. I can see how both Gabby and Brian thought they were telling the truth as they saw it. I am sure those officers wish now they would have taken more action.

EDITED I misspoke on grabbing wheel vs punching/hitting arm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members