Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever they are trying to locate in the reserve, there’s been a fair amount of resources expended on it. Must be compelling IMO.

You said it -- maybe dogs have gotten a scent, then lost it, or the scent stayed in one place and went no further. Surely something, as you stated above, @Barry, seems to be keeping them there. Oh, I hope it pays off s-o-o-n.
For Gabby and for the sake of her loving family and friends.

Yes, I've seen that several times. Their stories "matched?" Watch the videos of the Moab traffic stop. Contrast his jolly, submissively nervous demeanor in front of LE with hers: crying, distraught, yet apologetic and protective of him--the same man who drove across the country, in her van, and has disappeared, after very likely murdering her.

I wouldn't expect them to say anything else. Their department is currently under investigation for their handling of this case.
It doesn't matter whether their stories matched or not. They should never have deemed her the "primary aggressor".

Imo, all of the attention on what the lawyer says, and the hate on the parents and cassie, is just a side show that doesn't really matter at all in the grand scheme of things. Maybe the dad was asked to assist searchers, maybe he wasn't. Maybe the lawyer is out of his depth, maybe he's telling the truth as he believes it to be. idk. The only thing the dissection of those "issues" matters toward, imo, is public perception. And public perception has nothing to do with what actually happened. jmo

It has everything to do with whether he is meeting his basic responsibilities as an attorney in general, and as their attorney specifically. That's not irrelevant in the ultimate legal outcome of the case.

Moreover, his choices are distracting from the work that LE needs to be doing - which atm is finding BL.

I think it's a distraction on the public perception level, but given the potential impact of his poorly considered actions, not at all a mere distraction in terms of real legal outcomes.

Last edited:
Before they found GP's remains I was in a business I regularly visit and we were discussing the case. I thought we were all rational intelligent people until two of them moved into tales of hot spots for missing people where their clothes are found perfectly folded and then one of them said it. I just couldn't believe they were serious until the other person chimed in with eager agreement ... aliens. I kid you not.

I'm almost ready to believe that BL has been taken in by a family of Skunk Apes (Florida's version of Bigfoot) but aliens?

Today has been strange ... SB saying CL is excited to help with the search ... NPPD saying they didn't ask CL to help ... a drug kingpin saying BL needs to turn himself in.

I watched Dr. Phil today, which in itself is strange because I don't care for Dr. Phil. It was hard to watch, seeing and hearing their pain, but they have taken this terrible tragedy and are working together to create The Gabby Petito Foundation. Some of the things they shared today about Gabby, the rainbows, the bald eagle, and the chipmunk, and making the cross - I don't have adequate words really except to say her parents, all four of them, amaze me.

Whatever they are trying to locate in the reserve, there’s been a fair amount of resources expended on it. Must be compelling IMO.

Authorities found a recently used campsite there. From CNN:

"Police searching for Brian Laundrie have found the remnants of a campsite that appeared to have been recently used at the Florida reserve that has been the focus on efforts to find him, a source close to the family told CNN's Chris Cuomo on Wednesday.

Earlier, law enforcement had asked his father to show them trails that his son was known to have used, but then told him that because of the discovery, they wanted to search the area alone."

"CNN asked Bertolino whether Brian's parents believe he's in the reserve or another area. "No, they don't believe he's in another area. They believe he is in the preserve," Bertolino said."

Brian Laundrie: Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of search, source says - CNN

Chris Cuomo is reporting that authorities told him that they found a fresh campsite in the reserve, and that's why they were back in force today.

Source: Law enforcement found remnants of a campsite in area Brian Laundrie is known to have spent time.

Why no dogs? Wouldn't scent be a huge gauge in regards to accuracy?

Watching Dr Phil clips from Banfield (I have it recorded but haven't watched it yet) the big confirmation for me: He did cross the creek with her. Some of you may remember our discussions over the crime scene photos - 2 locations, and a rock by the creek (2nd location) being tagged as an evidence marker.

Photos from 2 scenes in middle of piece: Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

The whole event is starting to take on all the elements of an Eugen Ionescu play.. a man who sort of started the Theatre of the Absurd era. In these plays by Ionescu, coherent language is dismissed, one of the startling happenings is, various people strut across the stage, in the middle of someone else's dialogue and scream inanities at the audience.. and strut off , never to be seen or referred to again ..

This sudden entrance , among so many unforgettable characters in this very American crime is the resurrection of a former fugitive, reeling off the educational advances he made in prison.

I don't know how much more of this I can take....

I saw the play Rhinoceros by EI. I get this

They could park it at the airport, take the keys with them, pick it up when they fly back?

Not for free, they couldn't?

Not saying the story behind Brian's flight is true or realistic; just that "Gabby not wanting to abandon the van" is, to me, one of the least complicated parts of this equation. She was very proud of the van.

I can't open the article, but he shared the information with Newsday, not one of the typical spots.

I believe it is the first time I have seen Newsday in these threads as a source. (I could be wrong)

I find it curious and intentional personally. Cannot explain his reasons, but I think he has some. MOO
Lawyer: Brian Laundrie's father agrees to join search for son
Newsday is the paper of record here on Long Island (where SB is based). They are typically accurate, have won Pulitzers, etc.

I think you are onto something there. And where on earth were Gabby and BL between August 13 and 16 also?

I will bet my entire years worth of donut money that LE knows exactly where they were over that stretch or the Moab LE would not have stated so conclusively that there was no connection between BL/GP and the murdered couple.

I have got a theory about how he killed her, and a couple of different visions came to me in meditation, but I would like to ask, for those who have read BL's ramblings, or know about the literature he liked, his "art" or art he liked, and other postings, did the books he liked mention any methods of killing? Is there any method, or any theme you can remember reading about?

Now that Gabby’s stepfather gave us the picture of where she was murdered, the scene if you will, my sense is that BL killed her with his bare hands and that he did it in front of that beautiful fire on the night of August 27, or more likely after midnight in the early hours of August 28.

Why now? hmm
I wonder if the parents saw how affective it was when their daughter came out, faced the press/protesters, told the truth (imo), and they think they can also take steps to improve their public image?

Granted, the parents are in a much different situation than cassie. They are much more "involved" (nefariously or not) and there is probably a limited amount that they can improve their public image. In the grand scheme of things, public image isn't necessarily important, but I guess it can't hurt to try and improve it if you have nothing better to do.

Ultimately, I feel like their public image will depend on what their involvement is proven to be.

JMO

Imo, all of the attention on what the lawyer says, and the hate on the parents and cassie, is just a side show that doesn't really matter at all in the grand scheme of things. Maybe the dad was asked to assist searchers, maybe he wasn't. Maybe the lawyer is out of his depth, maybe he's telling the truth as he believes it to be. idk. The only thing the dissection of those "issues" matters toward, imo, is public perception. And public perception has nothing to do with what actually happened. jmo
That's precisely what he's trying to do. IMO. But, he's tripping himself up more and more and more. MOO

Isn't that the address on the incident report?

My eyes are beyond bugged out from reading off this computer screen for too many hours now but you are indeed correct. Thank you!
Attached is the current swamp map, now updated to include location of found Mustang.
*Note the blue 12 min directions line was used to assist me in pinning the location of that 2nd group of searchers. (yellow)

Attachments

• 1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    957.7 KB · Views: 58
Respectfully, I strongly disagree with this statement. The rule of law is predicated upon trusting attorneys to uphold the law and to tell the truth. If lawyers are not held to a higher standard than the general public, that’s a huge issue. I actually feel like the actions of the attorney are one of the biggest things happening now if it is found that he is knowingly lying. We, the public, know that defendants lie. But our justice system works because we trust that what we hear from lawyers who represent those defendants is the truth. JMO.

Something definitely brought investigators out in force at the reserve today. Even if the tip to Chris Cuomo came from a certain source "close to the Laundries" (wink wink) I think whatever was found in the reserve must have been something actually significant. I hope they are closer to finding BL alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay