Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is no one else completely disturbed by the fact that after 3weeks of BL missing, searches, and air coverage, on the first day CL shows any active involvement in finding his son, that there is no live helicopter coverage?

Are choppers too loud for CL to yell to son?
Did someone make a stipulation about video?
Did LE restrict airspace?

It seems to me they're going in real low-key today. Not an overwhelming amount of LE presence and only CL and one other person are on foot looking. I think they're trying not to spook BL and make it seem more like they're there to help than that they are hunting him. I think the FBI probably wants it quiet so they can hear movement and also so that BL can hear his dad calling him.

Richard Frankel, a former FBI special agent in charge, and Gil Alba, a former NYPD major case squad detective, join the show to discuss the manhunt for Brian Laundrie, including distinct features he has that people should look out for.

Plus, forensic psychiatrist Dr. Michael Welner talks about the psychology behind being on the run and what Laundrie’s parents might be thinking.

Its possible that SB and the Laundries have come to the conclusion they need a change in strategy. None of them knew the world would be watching or a tsunami of scrutiny would befall them. SB may be feeling heat from the New York Bar Association, or has suddenly realized, the horse is out of the barn and too far to call back. He's lost total control. He's calling the shots while the Laundries take the heat. Maybe his clients demanded a better plan.
Anyway, the family Laundrie is no longer backing away from LE (why they did in the first place is a mystery), and are now foisting themselves on LE. An overnight flip-flop.
I believe we're witnessing SB "rehabilitating" his clients: making them look more cooperative, more concerned, more human. Its damage control, a legal maneuver.

Is no one else completely disturbed by the fact that after 3weeks of BL missing, searches, and air coverage, on the first day CL shows any active involvement in finding his son, that there is no live helicopter coverage?

@kkuizon

Chris Laundrie has left the reserve in his red truck
@fox13news
FBHSucOWYAUrXkG

In MOO

Cassie speaking out shook the LAWYER up. Not the Laundries.

Remember she said the lawyer threw her under the bus.

Him speaking for them as if the are infants yesterday is very revealing.

The lawyer did not suddenly develop a conscious.

He spun the whole thing back to "Chris and Roberta" feel this and feel that.

Cassie did the right thing for herself.

He's just another snake oil salesmen.

I believe thats why most of us were astonished when he released that cheesy statement yesterday.

Or at least I was.

Out of all the choices in their tool belt to make at the time that Gabby went missing they chose the worst possible choice. And hired a clown for a lawyer.

May they all deal with the consequences soon.

You reap what you sow....

May it be so.

Agreed! The threads have gotten difficult in the past week because some feel CERTAIN that his parents are heavily involved and if anyone tries to start any conversations trying to potentially explain their silence, it’s mob mentality to shut it down immediately. I wish we could be more open to things that are only speculation, considering we know absolutely NOTHING about what the parents know.
Thank you I wholeheartedly agree

Last edited:
She said that the detective (I think it was the detective that NS was working with from New York) called & they were eating dinner - I’m assuming the number wasn’t saved in her phone. After they got done eating dinner she called back & she says she told them everything she knew. Whatever amount of info she told them, she definitely didn’t throw an attorney’s phone number at them - which is what her parents did. Idk why if she had no problem talking to the detective, why she would have talked to Gabby’s mom. JMO. All we’d really need to know to find that out would be did Gabby’s mom give the detective the phone number for Cassie & that’s how she was reached? Or did the detective have to go dig up her phone number? That’s JMO. & I still go back to the Dr. Phil interview when Gabby’s dad made such a genuine apology to Cassie on national television. IMO, there had to be a pretty good reason bc JP doesn’t seem like he’s be pretty big on handing out apologies to anyone in that family in private much less on national television. All JMO.
and that interview was before everyone found out that Cassie has been right there camping with her brother also, ill never believe that she didnt ask Brian about Gabby's whereabouts, never!!!

I did listen to Dr. Phil! Cassie has said that no one called her - her first heads up about the case was a call from the FBI on 9/11.

I thought this was clarified a few days ago that she never did receive any texts or calls and that Joe Petito confirmed he didn't contact Cassie after all? I need to dig a little to find it but I believe i saw this.

There was some discussion about there being contentions between GP and BL about keeping the van clean. She, in the Moab body cam claimed to be a little "OCD" about neatness. I'm assuming both removed footwear before entering the van's sleeping area after hiking, etc.
In the original van cam taken by the campers at Spread Creek, a pair of flip flops were seen OUTSIDE the van. It leads me to believe someone still had a reason to follow the "no shoes" in the sleeping area rule. Only one pair of flip flops, not two.
Someone is still following the shoe rule and is in that van - as the front of the shoes are pointing toward the back entrance to the van. Someone is missing. One pair of flip flops.
Who is inside and who is not?

If there was anyone sleeping in that van, it would have been Gabby. That van is not big enough to fit both with the way they had it configured. This is a really small van.

I would imagine both were taking their footwear off if they were sitting in the back of the van, but again, this is a small vehicle. Even Gabby couldn't sit upright in that van as shown in pictures of her in the back.

If Gabby was about cleanliness should would clean off her shoes and bring them inside, not thrown them out on the ground. That's a guy thing, but BL liked being barefooted so he brought in dirt with dirty feet.

JMO

Last edited:
But either they knew about it, or they didn’t. You can’t argue that they didn’t respond because they didn’t know or they believed BL, and also argue that being involved with a murder (in any capacity) isn’t normal so we can’t look at this within the scope of what is normal or not.

I have never stated conclusively whether or not they knew before the phone calls. I have only said I can easily see a scenario that they didn't know until the started getting messages from GP's parents and asked BL about it before they returned the call. And then the bottom fell out of their lives when BL told them the truth. From that moment on, nothing is normal. I see no inconsistency in my statement

In MOO

Cassie speaking out shook the LAWYER up. Not the Laundries.

Remember she said the lawyer threw her under the bus.

Him speaking for them as if the are infants yesterday is very revealing.

The lawyer did not suddenly develop a conscience.

He spun the whole thing back to "Chris and Roberta" feel this and feel that.

Cassie did the right thing for herself.

He's just another snake oil salesmen.

I believe thats why most of us were astonished when he released that cheesy statement yesterday.

Or at least I was.

Out of all the choices in their tool belt to make at the time that Gabby went missing they chose the worst possible choice. And hired a clown for a lawyer.

You reap what you sow....
Is lawyer a family friend? I think I read that

Great

Great questions, I can't wait to learn the answers.

I think when under stress people will go with ingrained habits anyway.
If those were his sandals, maybe they are evidence...maybe there was blood on them or they were all wet from crossing the stream. Wonder if they were disposed of or came home with him...or if they were really his. jmo Miranda Baker said he had hiking boots on when she picked him up...maybe he took the sandals off to put boots on the get out of Dodge. jmo

JB from WFLA said on the live stream that the "decision was made" to not send the helicopter back up because of "resource constraints." He didn't say this directly but strongly hinted they don't want to spend the money when there isn't news breaking.

Personally I would think they could look at their streaming views and related ad revenue and finance the helicopter if only for the views. JMO though and no one asked me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13