Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A similar scenario has crossed my mind.

I've watched the video filmed by Red, White and Bethune, of them passing in their van, and for whatever reason, each time I watch it I get the chills, and I've watched it a good few times now. This is even before it was revealed that GP's body was found not far away.

It's the setting and location that gives me the heebie-jeebies, and here's why:

As we know, Gabby's van was parked in a place that was very visible to passing vehicles (the van of Red, White and Bethune being a prime example), yet at the same time it was away from the main camp ground and parked in an undesignated spot, if I understand correctly.

It did strike me that - as a woman - if I was camping alone or sleeping in the van alone in that spot, I'd feel very, very vulnerable.

The van is far enough away from other campers who could come to your aid if need be, but somewhere where a passing vehicle - driven by an opportunist with unsavoury intentions - could quite easily spot that there was a female there alone.

And the darkness - it would be absolutely pitch black there. There were trees that someone could've hidden behind and watched her, not to mention the fact that the van was positioned close to the little footbridge that was an 'escape route' for a perpetrator in terms of quickly getting her body out of sight of any other vehicles driving past.

When Red, White and Bethune approached the van door was pulled shut from the inside - was this GP in there alone feeling a little unsafe and afraid?

These thoughts are obviously based on the presumption that at some point, BL took off on foot, leaving GP in the van alone.

Maybe they'd had another argument and he took off for some head space in his beloved wilderness, and she stayed behind to work on her beloved blog (the two things that were seemingly pulling them in opposite directions).

• Did he then return and find her gone?
  • Did he drive off without looking for her as he was still sulking from their earlier fall-out?
  • Did he look for her and find her body then fly into a blind panic thinking he didn't stand a chance of this not being pinned on him, especially after the Moab traffic stop by police.

Although BL's actions indicate otherwise, we can't rule out that something along those lines actually happened.

MOO, JMO etc
I can not be that generous and give him any one of these passes. If he had a healthy human mind/heart he would have called 911.

He nor his parents are off the hook. And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

As MassGuy said earlier, there is a pattern here.

Brian's parents never report Gabby missing, despite her van being parked outside their house for days and days.

They know Brian and Gabby left together, and should be returning together.

A desperate family reaches out to them, and they callously ignore those messages.

Brian disappears, and they delay reporting his disappearance for a couple days.

They refuse to speak to law enforcement, while a frantic search is taking place across the country.

Gabby's family continues to make gut wrenching pleas for the Laundrie family to do the right thing, and they are met with tone deaf remarks from the Laundrie's attorney, and silence from the Laundrie family.

I see no innocent explanation here....

I am well aware of the charges thank you. So...if there is reasonable explanation for why he left with the card while she was alive that means he is guilty of theft which is far from murder. We don't know anything about the bank account and if he deposited money into her account before or shared money.
I'm just trying to look at this unbiased as possible as difficult as it is.
Those aren't reasonable explanations though. Additionally, it's clear his name was not on the account and it is therefore moot whether he deposited money there. MOO

Casey Anthony and OJ trial prove some people will believe most anything.
Exactly my point. There have been a number of high profile "slam dunk" cases that resulted in the defendant being found not guilty. SB should be doing everything in his power to round up BL and prepare for a defense of his credit card charge antics and start preparing for a possible murder charge. He's not doing this. He's letting his clients twist in the wind of a ratcheting up public storm of condemnation.
MOO

I've been trying to come up with a scenario where Brian is innocent of murder. I'm unsure if pure conjecture is allowed, so my apologies if it's not. Anyway, all MOO...here we go...

Gabby calls her parents during Moab stop.
Gabby's father does not like Brian and has cruel nicknames for him and this really sets him off.

Her parents are angry and call Brian to read him the riot act. Brian is resentful of this and intimidated.

Brian and Gabby argue and Brian tell her he is going on a solo hiking trip. Gabby threatens to leave him if he does. She has a friend she was planning to meet up with. He goes anyway.

Brian returns and Gabby is gone. He's still angry at her parents, angry at her and takes off for home.
In the meantime, Gabby is murdered by some stranger. Perhaps the same person who killed the gay couple.

The murderer takes her phone and heads to Yosemite. Murderer texts her mother by accident. Murderer meant to text a friend. (This happens to me. Alot, lol!) Murderer turns the phone off.

Brian tells his parents what happened. He tells them her parents threatened him, and so they refuse the calls/texts from her family.

They get a lawyer when the calls persist. At this point they don't believe anything truly bad has happened. They feel Gabby's parents are threatening Brian and overreacting. Gabby is with her friend. She'll show up and all will be well.

Then Brian realizes that Gabby is truly missing, and not off with friends. He realizes that he was wrong to take the credit card and van. He realizes he's in trouble no matter what. Bottom line is that he left her alone and now she's dead.

Some people are locked up for years before they go to trial or prove their innocence. This would feel like
death to an outdoors person like Brian. He may be innocent of murder but he did leave her alone and feels guilty.

He runs.
<modsnip> There has been no evidence, leads, sightings, info, witness tips to validate any of this. IIRC, Gabby’s father was not aware of the Moab incident til after Gabby went missing. Gabby called her mother in New York, not her father in Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone notice when Brian Entin was following CL's pickup truck, he drove into another neighborhood, stopped and gave the FBI directions - that is the neighborhood where CL previously owned a house which was sold in March 2021 at 5100 Linksman Place which is 3.3 miles away from the L house on Wabasso. This house on Linksman Place backs up to a substantial greenbelt. I had looked up this house when it was shown in the news article I linked earlier in another thread. Here is the home on Zillow: 5100 Linksman Pl, North Port, FL 34287 | Zillow

Here is the property record: https://www.sc-pa.com/propertysearch/parcel/details/1001170067

What I don't know is if the property is currently occupied. BL's Brother-in-law (BIL), in the video where BIL and CL (sister) talked to the protestors mentioned that they fix up houses and he and BL did work on the house that the Laundries currently live in on Wabasso prior to the parents moving to the house, so it is possible that this house on Linksman Place is a fixer upper that either the L's fixed up and sold it or sold as a fixer upper. The person who bought the house lives in a Northern state which could indicate a snowbird or a house flipper. That person may not live there full time. Sometimes people will sell a house and the new buyer does not think to change the locks (something you should always do) so it is possible that BL could gain access to this property if unoccupied with a key he used during the remodel.

Now look at this google map: Google Maps

The neighbor lady who lives on Ulster Avenue which is behind Wabasso said BL went into the woods at the end of their street which are the woods south of O'Reilly Auto Parts. That is a greenbelt that connects with the greenbelt (possible golf course) along S Sumter Blvd that leads to the greenbelt behind the house on Linksman Place.

I'm certain the FBI knows all of this and I'm late to the party. LOL.
Interesting. Looking at the area on satellite maps, it looks like some streets with suburban-type single family homes interspersed with a golf course -- maybe golf is part of the deal? My guess is that the golf course may be well-gated but the nearby greenbelt may not be. I don't have time to research that right now.

I don't remember the details -- when did the neighbor say he went into the woods? Was it certain that she saw BL?

JMO

I consider myself pretty fair minded and I’d like to believe the Laundrie parents are good people with a troubled son.
But with that said no way can I understand them not returning the phone calls from Gabby’s parents. Putting two and two together they had to know or guessed something was amiss with Gabby.
Even if they had answered the phone and said Brian is here but Gabby isn’t or if they didn’t know even saying the kids had a fight and we have no idea what’s going on!
Anything would have been better than the nothing!
Same! These are my exact thoughts. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The 911 calls confuse me, because this is the same time the L's supposedly refused to talk to police and just handed them a card.

So when the 911 cops responded, they would talk? They were allowed in their home?

I NEED to know what those 9/10 calls were! Any guesses?
Look at the link from Fox News. They show the call reports. They have been redacted. I wonder if there were any calls prior to the 10th? Also I believe the FOIA request was made through the 29th but only calls were reported through the 27th.

A scenerio. Let's suppose GP and BL parked next to the creek bed. BL wanders off to explore, take photos, look for natural edibles, whatever and leaves GP in the van to work on her blog. After about an hour, he returns to find her missing from the van. He looks across the little footbridge of sticks and sees a man beating GP up. She looks dead. BL panics, hitches a ride to Jackson. In the process, he realizes she might NOT be dead. He bails out at Jackson, hitches a ride back near the crime scene, checks around to see if the assailant is gone, confirms GP is dead.
He knows the MOAB PD have both of them on body cam and assumes they're going to think he did it. He grabs her cash and cards and heads back to North Port.
Do you think ONE juror might believe that story? After all, nobody has come forward as a witness to seeing him actually murdering her. Could it have been another nearby camper who thought she was alone and seized the moment?
MOO
That would be really stupid behavior on his part if that's what really happened. Flight equals consciousness of guilt, and why risk taking the rap for someone else when you do get caught???

I keep playing over and over in my head that the Petito's and the Schmidt's thought both Gabby and Brian were missing together!! The L's knew that Brian was not missing and didn't bother to inform Gabby's parents. Gabby's parents had no idea that Brian was home until LE informed them where the camper was. Think about that!! Parents starting to get frantic and total silence from Brian's parents then and still to this day...

Maybe LE wanted to get CL out there in an attempt to calm the public. I mean, if they told the Laundries not to talk, they are directly responsible for the constant harassment from the media and the public. Possibly they wanted to do something to ease the thirst for participation in the search for BL by the parents, without having them actually speak in public.
I don't think it calms the public. Confuses them, maybe.

You would run if you were innocent? I don't think that's what most people would do. IMO

I keep hearing the obvious (to me) saying, "Innocent people don't run" in discussions of this online, on TV, everywhere. It seems like common sense.

BL didn't just run. He drove across the country to find his Mom and Dad and their lawyer. He also didn't call 911 or an ambulance when he became aware that something or someone had harmed the love of his life. Instead, he took her van and drove home. That's very very very bizarre behavior for an innocent person, IMO. I don't see how it makes any sense.

We've likely all heard the story (probably a myth) that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle sent telegrams to 12 upstanding acquaintances in the community saying "Flee, all is discovered." And most of them did.

While flight can be used legally in court as evidence of guilt, there are times it's evidence of guilt but not because the person is guilty of the crime currently being prosecuted. But we all feel guilty about something.

IF BL didn't kill GP (big if) I could still see him fleeing IF he found GB dead at the campsite. Fear of being accused especially after Moab and the Mexican restaurant, fear of being in danger from "the killer" himself (if he believed she was murdered), guilt over what happened to GP. Innocent people DO leave crime scenes. They DO leave the bodies of loved ones. They DO engage in stupid incriminating actions.

I'm not saying I think BL is innocent. I haven't fully decided but think he's likely guilty. But if I were a juror, I'd need to see alot more than testimony G&B fought alot and slapped each other around, she was killed, and he fled to be convinced of his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
JMO

I keep playing over and over in my head that the Petito's and the Schmidt's thought both Gabby and Brian were missing together!! The L's knew that Brian was not missing and didn't bother to inform Gabby's parents. Gabby's parents had no idea that Brian was home until LE informed them where the camper was. Think about that!! Parents starting to get frantic and total silence from Brian's parents then and still to this day...
Yeah that's what really bothers me. Knowing they were concerned for both Gabby AND BL and....silence.

Great catch. I still think he's flopping at someone's house, this makes sense, an empty house close by. It also is easy to drop off BL at the Reserve and he could walk out and back to that house. Also, sneak back to get supplies in the middle of the night BEFORE he is reported missing.
The photo of a Bl or a look-alike leaving the house on Sept. 17th. Was that verified to be him or still unsure?
Great catch is right, makes me wonder if when the two stopped father on the right and FBI on the left was it positioned in front of homes that they could be seen ... ex: son able to see out and get a street view. ..

Thank you so very much to both of you, this is exactly the info I was looking for.

The other elephant in the room as to why the no full murder charge is that the quarry might slip the border and got to Canada (and relative safety) because of the WY death penalty. THis has happened so many times in the past it is not funny . The Canadians will not extradite US citizens involved in death penalty cases - so the penalty bar is already set low before that person gets sent back . And of course quite a few Americans wanted by the police have been traced to the border of Canuk land and then simply go into thin air.

Scott Reisch of Crime talk (YT) seems to think BL went south (but not to Mexico) .. a bit further. I tend to agree it is more likely. It means inter alia that he could meet with his parents in some intermediate place in a year or two as a tourist - be it Cuba or Jamaica or somewhere like that .

Without Canadian relatives or business partners of his father , it would be very very difficult for B Laundrie to integrate in to Canada in the modern electronic age. The RMCP must have electronic resources as good as the FBI. My tuppence worth.

@NCWatcher , all plausible til the police knock on your door, at that point talk to Gabby’s parents and tell them what your son said, not clam up and hand LE your attorney’s card
If I had an attorney I trusted and a possibly questionable relationship (due to insight gained from their daughter over the years) with people asking me questions, I think I could be compelled to tell the officers to communicate what I knew and didn't know through my trusted attorney. Who cares how the information was shared, if it would have been the same regardless?

We have no idea about the family dynamics. And in the midst of even crazier divides regarding politics and the pandemic (which are very real), there may have been some hard lines drawn regarding engaging in toxic dynamics, with threats of police involvement, etc.

And who knows, maybe a pattern of behavior that made it awkward. We do NOT know! Well, I don't. MOO. IMO. JMHO!!!

A similar scenario has crossed my mind.

This is long, folks, but stick with me...

I've watched the video filmed by Red, White and Bethune, of them passing in their van, and for whatever reason, each time I watch it I get the chills, and I've watched it a good few times now. It was giving me the chills even before it was revealed that GP's body was found not far away

It's the setting and location that gives me the heebie-jeebies, and here's why:

As we know, Gabby's van was parked in a place that was very visible to passing vehicles (the van of Red, White and Bethune being a prime example), yet at the same time it was away from the main camp ground and parked in an undesignated spot, if I understand correctly.

It did strike me that - as a woman - if I was camping alone or sleeping in the van alone in that spot, I'd feel very, very vulnerable.

The van is far enough away from other campers who could come to your aid if need be, but somewhere where a passing vehicle - driven by an opportunist with unsavoury intentions - could quite easily spot that there was a female there alone.

And the darkness - it would be absolutely pitch black there! There were trees that someone could've hidden behind and watched her, not to mention the fact that the van was positioned close to the little footbridge that was an 'escape route' for a perpetrator in terms of quickly getting her body out of sight of any other vehicles driving past.

When Red, White and Bethune approached the van door was pulled shut from the inside - was this GP in there alone feeling a little unsafe and afraid?

These thoughts are obviously based on the presumption that at some point, BL took off on foot, leaving GP in the van alone.

Maybe they'd had another argument and he took off for some head space in his beloved wilderness, and she stayed behind to work on her beloved blog (the two things that were seemingly pulling them in opposite directions).

• Did he then return and find her gone?
  • Did he drive off without looking for her as he was still sulking from their earlier fall-out?
  • Did he look for her and find her body then fly into a blind panic thinking he didn't stand a chance of this not being pinned on him, especially after the Moab traffic stop by police.

Although BL's actions indicate otherwise, we can't rule out that something along those lines actually happened.

MOO, JMO etc

So much of what you wrote I can totally identify with. I've thought the flip flops outside the back door were Gabby's, they were so neatly side-by side, like she stepped out of them to get in the back and close the door if she was alone and didn't want the coming vehicle to see her, if she were alone like you mentioned.

When that Bethune video was first released and some talented person did a slow motion version where you could clearly see the door closing, I decided to rewatch the whole thing very slowly. That's when I noticed a red trailer parked off to the left at approx 1:07 minute mark and a dark pick-up truck parked off to the left at about 1:12 minute mark. Both of these vehicles appear on the left, like Gabby's van, and appear prior to the Bethune's coming upon Gabby's van. So those 2 vehicles were there on the 27th, at that time. I always wondered if LE tried to get in touch with those people or if those people came forward privately to reveal to LE anything they may have observed.

In the text exchanges posted earlier, SB stated that CL was not questioned, only there to point out BL's favorite spots. Also, was that even an FBI agent driving CL in the gator? Did they go to one spot, park, and remain there the whole 3.5 hours (I didn't see all the footage)?

I guess I'm not understanding the theories to why CL was at the park today.

According to the CNN report, the FBI requested CL's assistance prior to finding the supposed campsite yesterday, but when they found it, they didn't want him there yet. With the uptick in LE vehicles yesterday, it seems plausible enough that they found something. But they seemed to want CL's assistance even before that, which seems to rule out having him ID something there.

If they just wanted to talk to CL alone, wouldn't the FBI be doing that? Was that FBI driving the gator today, because they seemed to be alone near the trail. But why would BL's attorney lie and say he wasn't questioned?

My mind is going round and round. I still think we're making this too complicated...
Seriously. It could of just been a way to get said person away from his nest.
I have not lost confidence in LE and FBI.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members