Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think even if you are married, you still have to have a joint account (with both names on it) to be authorized to withdraw funds from it. Especially after the death of the account holder. I think the account owner (obviously while alive) can apply to have a person added, but it's a complicated process. Even PoA doesn't trump these laws.

Banks are very strict about this.
Correct, both names have to be on the account to access it. We have joint savings/checking, which is a good thing as I have not worked in 30 years.
Serious question, is there a good reason that we are not considering that others could be involved?

I realize we are confined here to discuss only Brian, as a person of interest and indicted on a debit card charge.

But as a forum based on justice for Gabby, is it possible to consider and theorize that the ultimate finding of justice might include OTHERS that we are either unaware of or only allowed to poke around the edges of? Opinions only, within the guidelines?

This case doesn't seem nearly as weird to me, if Brian is innocent or in witness protection. And yes, I get how very unlikely that is, but if either of those IS the case, this situation makes perfect sense, to me. Moo!!!

Otherwise, yes, if he is guilty it is quite the square peg in a round hole. IMO! KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) or not, it sure is unusual. IMO, JMO, MOO-sometimes outloud.
Because there have not been any other tips, leads, eye witness accounts that lead to other suspects. Statistics show most homicides are committed by someone that the victim knows, not by a stranger. This is not a case of a square peg fitting in a round hole. If he is witness protection why are they putting forth all this effort to search the preserve, involving his father in the search? That is a lot of unnecessary and effort and expense just for show, and who are they protecting him from? I can't make sense of this.

Violent Crime by Strangers and Nonstrangers | Office of Justice Programs

Last edited:
Hell, I got trackers for my daughter's trip across the country, she didn't like it LOL, but I told it it was either this or facetime me once she got where she was going for the evening, and I had to make sure she recharged it . It was the best 100 bucks spent for a little peace of mind.

Its not perfect though across Montana service was spotty but I especially liked it you could have it send notifications when it was moving etc.
It’s such a shame we have to think like this, but honesty as much as I’m not tech savvy I do appreciate what it can do to help us. I’ll admit I check life 360 once a day at least to see where she is, she’s aware I do and I have her permission because I worry a lot, think she likes letting me have some piece of mind, bless her.

Has anyone discussed Ashleigh Banfield’s incredible find last night?

Ashleigh Banfield is a long time legal analyst. I don’t believe she is a licensed attorney but IMO she has clearly displayed that she has learned quite a lot on the job. MOO.

Please stick with me here.

The Mustang Abandoned Vehicle Report is here: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445796327397416960

In order to be classified as abandoned, it seems quite clear that the vehicle must first be present at the location for 5 days:

Sec. 42-56. - Findings.

(c) The Florida Legislature … has prescribed procedures which may be followed by municipalities for the proper removal and disposal of abandoned and unlawfully parked vehicles.
(d) The city commission of the City of North Port, Florida, finds that the amendment of its existing ordinance provisions … consistent with state law...

Sec. 42-57. - Definitions.

Abandoned vehicle. …Vehicles on public property … which have been left for a period of five days or longer shall be presumed to be abandoned.

Sec. 42-58. - Abandonment prohibited.

It shall be unlawful for any person to abandon any vehicle upon public property within the corporate limits of the City of North Port, Florida. Any vehicle … left upon public property for a period of five days or longer shall be presumed to be abandoned…

Municode Library

The incident was written up on Tuesday, September 14, 2021. Going backwards, here is where we land:

Day 5: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Day 4: Monday, September 13, 2021
Day 3: Sunday, September 12, 2021
Day 2: Saturday, September 11, 2021
Day 1: Friday, September 10, 2021

BL had been gone for days, maybe since the camping trip. This is MOO. But, unless LE made an error in issuing this incident report, LE and the FBI know that the Laundrie timeline is untrue. MOO

Edit: Note it could be possible that 9/14/2021 was Day 4 with 9/15 being planned date for tow. This would put the first date that vehicle was "noticed" at the Reserve at Saturday, September 11, 2021, as opposed to Friday. Still way ahead of the Laundrie's first claimed timeline and second revised timeline.

Wasn't is about not being allowed to park overnight / over 24 hrs? Believe someone mentioned it earlier, can't find right now weather is was on WS or Twitter, did find this link: Park and Facility Rules | Sarasota County, FL

I’ll add that because of gabby I spoke to my daughter about a safe word that we now have and that I had never thought of before, if she’s ever in trouble she now knows to text me our word and I’ll track her on life 360 and call the police. All because of gabby.
The Gabby effect. It's what I think when I see stories like yours.

It was an incident report, not a notice or warning. But since it is admittedly REDACTED, and neither of us is a Florida LE officer or attorney I suppose either scenario could be plausible. IMO, I think Banfield caught something (something potentially game changing). MOO I do not even think a Florida attorney could say this is right or wrong without the reactions being lifted. MOO
The abandon notice is a yellow sticker /card on the car. The police's end needs to file an incident report , or else how will they know where to go check if the car is moved and what the location of the car is? it's quite simple I don't think she was onto anything. I think she was unprepared. MOO

It was an incident report, not a notice or warning. But since it is admittedly REDACTED, and neither of us is a Florida LE officer or attorney I suppose either scenario could be plausible. IMO, I think Banfield caught something (something potentially game changing). MOO

just an fyi, if the vehicle is left at a location with proper signage regarding parking time limits, parking enforcement (or the local equivalent) will proceed based upon that specific time limit...

The abandon notice is a yellow sticker /card on the car. The police's end needs to file an incident report , or else how will they know where to go check if the car is moved and what the location of the car is? it's quite simple I don't think she was onto anything. I think she was unprepared. MOO
Okay.

If I was on the jury I would believe the panic leading to fleeing argument *only* if BL had a history of being accused of things that he wasn't guilty of, and running was the only thing he'd done. Maybe then it could make sense in his case to flee. But when the woman he loves most in the world is lying there dead and he takes her van and uses her credit cards to go get a lawyer in Florida, and then disappears for 2+ weeks, it doesn't look good for him.

Nothing about his actions, not just the running part, but then the disappearing part, indicate "potentially innocent" to me. It would be stunning to me if he's ever determined by a jury to be innocent of murder, given nearly all of his actions after August 30-31. It's not as simple as running, it's everything he's done. He's also probably destroyed evidence and stolen numerous things. Her phone. Her van. The tent. etc.

IMO

BBM

Well, if we were actually on the jury, we would not be starting at the point of "potentially innocent." At least I certainly hope we would not!
JMO

There has been so much misinformation flowing about the particulars and status of this case, and I would hate to think that my gnawing suspicion that it's been deliberately manufactured is accurate.

I think LE is being played, and I think it's time to take off the proverbial kid gloves. Giddy up LE. Put on them spurs.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It’s such a shame we have to think like this, but honesty as much as I’m not tech savvy I do appreciate what it can do to help us. I’ll admit I check life 360 once a day at least to see where she is, she’s aware I do and I have her permission because I worry a lot, think she likes letting me have some piece of mind, bless her.

Well, thank you because I've never heard of check life 360? However, I will be looking into it.

This client rehabilitation phase is stomach turning (IMO). I wonder how much of it was spurred by CaL speaking out earlier in the week.

"The preserve has been closed to the public and the Laundries as well but the parents have been cooperating since the search began," the Laundrie family attorney, Steven Bertolino, said in a statement.

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1446260558290882563
It is possible that he is just simply sharing facts when he is looped in and in coordination with FBI. MOO.

Well he kept saying credit card which contradicts the indictment which clearly said debit card. So maybe he used the credit and debit card.
I would imagine that when speaking informally to Dr. Phil, “credit card” and “debit card” were probably used interchangeably. I doubt they were thinking in terms of the legal charges brought against BL when they were having the discussion about their deceased daughter. JMO.

1. MOO I think your definition of homicide isn't quite accurate.

What's the difference between homicide, murder and manslaughter? - Murphy Law Office

2. What evidence clearly shows something different? What evidence? Where is a link?

1. Your link proves my usage of homicide. Homicide shows up on a death certificate if "According to the National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME), “[h]omicide occurs when death results from a volitional act committed by another person to cause fear, harm, or death.” There HAS to be proof of volitional act committed by another.
If there is not evidence for a volitional act, then it can not be listed has homicide. It can be listed as unknown, accidental, suicide, or natural.
A fractured skull by itself is not homicide. A fractured skull next to a rock covered in bloody finger prints of someone else is.

Homicide: Manner of Death vs. Legal Conclusion - Forensic Resources
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think the 911 calls had anything to do with Gabby’s parents. I think that BL probably came clean with his parents and the <modsnip> hit the fan. Someone in that house wanted LE to know. I think his parents may have been afraid of him after that and were probably threatened.

eta MO
So you think BL’s family called 911 to turn their son in? What makes you think he threatened his parents? Just curious.

Gabby Petito’s mother reveals where she thinks Brian Laundrie is right now

Gabby’s mother does not believe Brian is in the nature reserve.

Gabby Petito’s mother has an idea of where Brian Laundrie might be right now — and it’s not in Florida’s Carlton Reserve.

Laundrie’s whereabouts remain unknown.

Nicole Schmidt has an idea of where Laundrie might be hiding.

“I’m not certain,” she told Laura Ingle. But I would think that he’s in an area like the Appalachian Trail or a campground where he can live off the land because he had those skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela