Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That's what I meant. Jurors MUST start with the presumption of innocence. Deciding guilt shouldn't be based on what one thinks before the trial. It has to be based on evidence presented during the trial That's the law. Hopefully people who won't follow the law won't be seated on any jury. Ever.

JMO

He is safe from me. I will not be on BL's jury. I think it's fair to say he'll get a fair trial though. Not everyone has even heard of this case, much less formed an opinion.

Gabby Petito’s family opens up on hunt for Brian Laundrie; believes he’s ‘missing piece’ to puzzle

"Just turn yourself in," Petito’s mother Nichole Schmidt said of Laundrie. "It’s just getting more and more frustrating as days go on. I don’t know what’s taking so long."

Petito’s family wants Laundrie found alive so he can provide the missing answers connecting the death of their 22-year-old daughter. The family believes Laundrie "knows everything," her mother admitted.

"He’s our missing piece to the puzzle to find out what happened," Petito’s stepfather Jim Schmidt said. "What happened out there? Until they find him, we won’t know."
Maybe....maybe his loyalty is to her and her/their reputation, nothing else. Young love and those passions. Maybe something happened that would be terribly, horrifically embarrassing to her/him/them and he is protecting her by disappearing. I know we have clips of dissention, but we also have a regular, consistent history of love reflected in pictures, and videos, too.

I think it's too easy to presume his guilt. It is harder to pretend you are on a jury where he IS presumed innocent, if he is in fact ever charged with such a crime. And he may be guilty of this horror, but someone else may be, too...if he is innocent, maybe he is waiting for that other to be found....if not, I am convinced he is dead, likely from guilt. MOO.

There's a simple enough, plausible explanation for the Yellowstone message that nobody seems to take into account. It's not unreasonable that people who travel and frequently talk about travel, camping, etc, would have frequently typed the names of other popular locations. Well, our phones learn our patterns. And so it's not outside the realm of reality for someone just sending a quick text to type out a "Y" and hit send without realizing that predictive text said Yellowstone, not Yosemite. The two words look similar enough if you're not paying attention. Remember it's only speculated that Gabby was dead before that message was sent, but none of us actually know that.

MOO.
To me, possible, but not probable. I think that Brian purposely typed Yosemite to mislead her mother into thinking that she'd made it to CA.

Does anyone know what the reason was for BL's dad to help in the search this morning? I wonder if he'll help again tomorrow.
I suspect today's little jaunt had nothing to do with the search at all. It's possible FBI just used it as a ruse to get access to CL without his lawyer. It's also possible they weren't interested in CL at all - they were interested in getting the truck away from the eyes of the media and protestors in order to put a tracker on it.

Speculation only.

May be dumb, may be immature, but how on earth then is he evading capture by the frickin' FBI? Seriously? How? MOO.
I saw someone on Twitter mention the government's ability to pinpoint a single person in a drone strike overseas...yet, BL is still wandering around. Or not. He might be dead.

Yes. That's what I meant. Jurors MUST start with the presumption of innocence. Deciding guilt shouldn't be based on what one thinks before the trial. It has to be based on evidence presented during the trial That's the law. Hopefully people who won't follow the law won't be seated on any jury. Ever.

JMO
That's exactly why a juror was just excused from the Elizabeth Holmes trial. She was already forming her decision.

There's a simple enough, plausible explanation for the Yellowstone message that nobody seems to take into account. It's not unreasonable that people who travel and frequently talk about travel, camping, etc, would have frequently typed the names of other popular locations. Well, our phones learn our patterns. And so it's not outside the realm of reality for someone just sending a quick text to type out a "Y" and hit send without realizing that predictive text said Yellowstone, not Yosemite. The two words look similar enough if you're not paying attention. Remember it's only speculated that Gabby was dead before that message was sent, but none of us actually know that.

MOO.
Brian has a federal arrest warrant for using her cards after her death from August 30-September 1. That text message was sent on August 30.

MOO.

My wife's phone doesn't always get my text when I send them. Sometimes she doesn't get them until the next day or later. I have been sitting next to her when her phone dinged and a 2 day old message was delivered. Thy were in an area with spotty service, its possible that the text was sent when she was alive and didn't actually get sent until the van left the area with the phone in it and it connected to a cell tower. Why her phone was in the van without her is a whole other matter the defense will have to tackle.

Perhaps it's too easy to presume his guilt because the evidence we've seen so far, including his own very suspect actions, point to him as the most likely suspect.

Of course, he might still be found innocent in a court of law. But he has to actually voluntarily turn himself in, or be apprehended first before we can even look at a trial. He doesn't appear to want to do the former (which doesn't give an impression of innocence, now does it?). And that's just for the bank fraud charges.

So the point is largely moot.

and boy did people rake SB over the coals yesterday about stating that his client was going to join the search and laugh at the "burn" that NPPD laid on him when they said "in what world". Well, in this world, since the next day CL was joining the search. You'd think NPPD would learn their lesson about acting so cocky. If they keep it up, NPPD will have to change their slogan to, "In what world do we know where he is"
Yup, they really did shut some people up by joining the search or whatever did today, hopefully it was not in vain.
I've personally read all of SB texts and none of them contradicted himself so I will appreciate those who claim he's been untrustworthy to post the backup for it.
Thank you!

I've been trying to come up with a scenario where Brian is innocent of murder. I'm unsure if pure conjecture is allowed, so my apologies if it's not. Anyway, all MOO...here we go...

Gabby calls her parents during Moab stop.
Gabby's father does not like Brian and has cruel nicknames for him and this really sets him off.

Her parents are angry and call Brian to read him the riot act. Brian is resentful of this and intimidated.

Brian and Gabby argue and Brian tell her he is going on a solo hiking trip. Gabby threatens to leave him if he does. She has a friend she was planning to meet up with. He goes anyway.

Brian returns and Gabby is gone. He's still angry at her parents, angry at her and takes off for home.
In the meantime, Gabby is murdered by some stranger. <modsnip>

The murderer takes her phone and heads to Yosemite. Murderer texts her mother by accident. Murderer meant to text a friend. (This happens to me. Alot, lol!) Murderer turns the phone off.

Brian tells his parents what happened. He tells them her parents threatened him, and so they refuse the calls/texts from her family.

They get a lawyer when the calls persist. At this point they don't believe anything truly bad has happened. They feel Gabby's parents are threatening Brian and overreacting. Gabby is with her friend. She'll show up and all will be well.

Then Brian realizes that Gabby is truly missing, and not off with friends. He realizes that he was wrong to take the credit card and van. He realizes he's in trouble no matter what. Bottom line is that he left her alone and now she's dead.

Some people are locked up for years before they go to trial or prove their innocence. This would feel like
death to an outdoors person like Brian. He may be innocent of murder but he did leave her alone and feels guilty.

He runs.
I agree the parents may have been after BL after the traffic stop. She did get off the phone with them while in the LE cruiser just before she left in the van. I think she said to tell BL to remember to bring his charger because "He" is definetly dead! MOO

I actually believe he went there to toss her phone to a Gator. It might not eat a phone on it's own, but if something were tossed to a Gator whose mouth was open, would it swallow first without asking questions?
MOO - he got rid of her phone somewhere between Wyoming and Florida. A lake in Illinois, a river in Georgia, so many opportunities to dispose of that phone. Again, MOO.

Maybe....maybe his loyalty is to her and her/their reputation, nothing else. Young love and those passions. Maybe something happened that would be terribly, horrifically embarrassing to her/him/them and he is protecting her by disappearing. I know we have clips of dissention, but we also have a regular, consistent history of love reflected in pictures, and videos, too.

I think it's too easy to presume his guilt. It is harder to pretend you are on a jury where he IS presumed innocent, if he is in fact ever charged with such a crime. And he may be guilty of this horror, but someone else may be, too...if he is innocent, maybe he is waiting for that other to be found....if not, I am convinced he is dead, likely from guilt. MOO.
BBM. Can you explain how this protects her?

MOO.
And they had been to Yosemite before, according to pics from SM. IMO!!!

I tuned in as soon as I saw your post and they said breaking now NP Police say they did have eyes on him. Then she went on to state that as of the 11th he was nowhere to be found. MOO I think we need the actual statement for this clarity. MOO

Odd but typical for SB to reach out to HLN live for a breaking report for more cya.

‘I’m just bald’: Shirts launch for bald men other than Brian Laundrie
“Nope! I’m not Brian Laundrie”, say the shirts popping up on stores like TeeChip and Etsytees, as spotted by the NY Post.

SBM

I hope BL doesn’t get any bright ideas to wear this shirt! Or maybe I hope he does, if that means his parents have to ship it to him somewhere that would reveal his location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela