Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been mulling the "what happened" around for a while, reading others' thoughts. Here's what I think FWIW. I do think GP and BL had another argument, likely at the site where she was found. And I think that BL may have shoved her, she fell and her head hit a rock with enough force to cause skull fracture/death. Or, he grabbed her by her hair and jerked her hard enough to break her neck.

Either of these scenarios would be enough to call her death homicide because it would be unlikely she did either to herself. But not enough evidence to say it's murder, because either could have happened with no intent to actually cause harm. And BL on the run because he is sure no one will believe him, which is highly probable.

Another day. .. No Bri. This is now longer than the Siege of Lucknow.

Brian , assuming he is alive, must have some of the tweakiest technology going stuffed into his backpack, working at optimum energy to keep ahead and in front of ( what some claim to be ) the Worlds Best Criminal Chasing Org , with all their electronics.. Otherwise, we are all looking at a miracle.

I would like to know when the cheesy habit of not answering the phone began at the Laundrie homestead.. has it always been that way?>. the grocer rings.. your organic melons are in.. no answering. the dairy rings.. your low cal keto almond milk is in.. no answer.... or did this entire process, including the sister begin at the moment Brian rang with his hideous news about his own antisocial behaviour, now having descended into the realms of real capital crime?

And exactly when the lawyer was retained for this purpose, the deflection of all things Petito from the Laundrie's... This would tell us when Brian decided to carefully and smoothly drive a stolen van, with a stolen bankcard clear across country, all the time hoping the body of his former girfriend,, ( or Feeoncay, as Brian was strong on Gabby announcing this, to anyone, in Brian's hearing, it must have meant a lot to him) would not be found by any strolling passerby.

Did he leave for home immediately, or did he hang about to see if Gabby might resurrect herself?..

im curious as to why the government agencies can drone strike a single person halfway across the world but can’t find one halfwit in the woods. I think the longer the search drags out and the more it costs just makes these agencies look exponentially bad.

it makes me hope DTBH finds him and really shames everyone

I wonder if it could be a card that belonged to one of her parents, something to use for an emergency. I do think most likely it was her card and was probably considered community property between the two of them, although technically he can be charged with stealing since it was only in her name.
I agree with you. Seeing he can't be charged for using a card in his name then it is in someone else's. Not only did we assume it was in her name we have learned on the Dr. Phil show that Gabby's parents tell us its her card.

Now, that said, the whole deafening of the charges, to me, is the fact that it was used after they calculated when she died.

Even while alive if Gabby allowed him to use it, once she was deceased it then became stolen property.

Gabby Petito's Family Says Brian Laundrie Stole Her Credit Card to Go Home to Florida

Gabbys parents lawyer said on DR Phil ‘he used her card’

True. And it probably was a card for an account in her name. Probably. But what the lawyer actually said could have meant "he used the card X gave to her for emergencies. It was for her use so it was her card, not his." Good attorneys do choose their words carefully, after all. And it does seem odd (to me) her name wasn't in the warrant.
JMO

IIRC - The Petitos attorney said on the second part of the Dr Phil show said that it was Gabbys account. I cant for the life of me remember the exact wording.
Well he kept saying credit card which contradicts the indictment which clearly said debit card. So maybe he used the credit and debit card.

It just stops one in one's tracks, doesn't it. it's as if, 'wow, here I am , out in the park again, after all that time being locked out because, oh.. never mind because, this is just oh wow....'.....

These people know where Brian is. Dead or alive, they know.
Yes they do IMO....but he is probably happy to be away from his wife too, and that house, but he sure ain't sad about BL being out in those woods for weeks smh!

I am just catching up on today's news and heard a very brief report that BL's father did in fact join a search today. I am very surprised at this. And, I am acknowledging that my gut feelings expressed on yesterday's threads were wrong. I still wish they'd call in Tommy Lee Jones though so we could end this (j/k, a little levity).

IMO BL gains an incremental advantage with each passing day that he eludes capture. It's difficult to not become discouraged, but we all need to remain vigilant and keep our eyes and ears open. MOO.

Hopefully, this comment is ok to post here. Apologies if not, mods.

Since Gabby's parents have set up a foundation to help other missing people I thought it might be a good time to challenge each of us to spend a few minutes on another missing person thread. Let's use our gifts to dig, share info, encouragement, thoughts, or advice in Gabby's memory on another case. Our comments on local news posts, etc will help keep coverage coming and help cases move forward. Every little bit helps. I know many of us are long-time ws'ers but I thought a challenge like this might a good reminder.

Thanks for listening...and being a part of this great community.

From the previous thread

Isn't that the point of "dispersed camping"? It means camping outside of a designated campground.

Dispersed camping is the term used for camping anywhere in the National Forest OUTSIDE of a designated campground. Dispersed camping means no services; such as trash removal, and little or no facilities; such as tables and fire pits, are provided. Some popular dispersed camping areas may have toilets.

So yes, outside of a designated campground, but even with dispersed camping, some places have designated camping areas. I think spread creek had numbered campsites.

Fishlake National Forest - Recreation

Yes, there were designated camping spots @ Spread Creek is my understanding it was brought up by somebody who was camping there and was interviewed.

Somebody previously brought up perhaps he parked there for access to the area and it was away from others prying eyes. I'd like to see those designated spots on the map in relation to where the van is and where Gabby was found. Might not mean anything might mean alot.
Me too!

I don’t know how they deal with these details.
I know her dad wants BL to only see the inside a cement cell forever. No mountains.

MOO
I honestly don’t know how they’re holding it together, I’d be a mess if this was me with my daughter who’s 19. To be as composed and united as they are is a testament to them. Truly and genuinely they’re incredible and I’ll add one million percent real and honest. I can totally empathise with them all. The stuff they’re doing for domestic violence is amazing, even getting the word out and the true facts of this type of violence, so hopefully we can all recognise it before it’s too late and so soon after gabby, hats off to them. I’m a victim from a previous relationship and I appreciate what they’re doing so much. Education I can’t plug it enough.

Hopefully, this comment is ok to post here. Apologies if not, mods.

Since Gabby's parents have set up a foundation to help other missing people I thought it might be a good time to challenge each of us to spend a few minutes on another missing person thread. Let's use gifts to dig, share info, encouragement, thoughts, or advice in Gabby's memory on another case. Our comments on local news posts, etc will help keep coverage coming and help cases move forward. Every little bit helps. I know many of us are long-time ws'ers but I thought a challenge like this might a good reminder.

Thanks for listening...and being a part of this great community.

Wonderful post! I agree.

I keep going back to the fact that so far, there is no evidence her card was involved unless someone here knows the last four digits. The indictment doesn't name the owner, which is, well, interesting to me. Is this typical?
MOO!
It was confirmed by Petitos attorney on the Dr Phil show that the card belonged to Gabby!
I'm sorry I can't link the segment but you can easily find it and it is worth watching. The Petito family are on the show too, mum, dad and both step parents.

Have looked and don't see this discussed - but does anyone find the "water receding" comment from SB to be a bit foreboding? Maybe there are higher ground areas that are thus easier to access? Just seems to be a dire choice of words in my opinion. (using DTBH's daughters post of text as it's the one I can find right now :) )

https://twitter.com/BabyLyssaC/status/1446187959871426560/photo/1

I wonder if it could be a card that belonged to one of her parents, something to use for an emergency. I do think most likely it was her card and was probably considered community property between the two of them, although technically he can be charged with stealing since it was only in her name.

As far as I know community property applies to married people--
ergo he has no legal right to it after her death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads