Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All JMO on a complete outsider just reading up on all this long after the fact. Not having followed from the beginning I am probably missing a lot but also am not emotionally involved at all having no time to form opinions between pieces of info.

SBM

Doing my daily catch-up & I can’t like this post enough. You’ve said everything I’ve thought or said about this case. A fresh set of eyes, and perspective, is always a good thing.

Please feel free to post a link to prove me wrong. Show me where LE have said that the arrest warrant is because BL used GP's card.

There are many links to this important warrant. Here is one:

Federal arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie, FBI says - East Idaho News
(CNN) — [Breaking news update at 4 p.m. MT]

The US District Court of Wyoming has issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie, according to the FBI’s Denver field office.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the FBI said the warrant was issued “pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito.”

The warrant was issued for the “use of unauthorized devices” related to Laundrie’s activities following the death of Petito.

Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said that while the warrant “allows law enforcement to arrest Mr. Laundrie, the FBI and our partners across the country continue to investigate the facts and circumstances of Ms. Petito’s homicide.”

Well I imagine her parents DO know it.
That is who said it.

Again, do we take what the family members are saying as fact? Maybe a MOD can clear this up.

If we take family statements as fact then it should apply across the board.

I think people are missing my point here which is that if I was to post a comment on here saying that it was a fact that Monday 13th September was the last day the Laundries saw Brian, the post would be removed, and rightly so. It has not been proven to be fact, it was simply a statement made by their lawyer, so I couldn't state it happened and was absolutely true.

Therefore, it goes to reason that we shouldn't be able to state something as fact from the Petito/Schultz family.

This is not an "I'm on the Laundries side" rant. Believe me, I'm far from it, it's just pointing out that surely there has to be a level playing field here.

We can't have one rule for one, and another rule for another!

MOO

https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1445930136705150977?s=20

Specifically stated LE
Cuomo Prime Time
@CuomoPrimeTime

·
Oct 7

Breaking news: Law enforcement says it found remnants of recently used campsite at Carlton Preserve in the search for Brian Laundrie

Cuomo stated: A source close to the Laundrie family says LE says.....

I think it's fair to assume a good majority of info coming from any "source close to the Laundrie family" should be taken with a grain of salt. jmo

Thank you. Where does it say he used Gabby's card specifically? I can't see that it says that anywhere in that article. Please feel free to quote the paragraph where it says that.

Here is the tweet from the FBI. I don't know why they would say "following the death of Gabrielle Petito" if the charge didn't involve her card. If the charge was related to literally any other person it would not be related to the death of Gabrielle Petito and it would be inappropriate to mention her death in the tweet.

https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1441155529393389568

On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito.

Ok, glad you can make that decision. I can only go on what my friends told me who live in the local area.
Lol all I'm saying is it has been a very hot rainy summer here add in a Hurricane threat your not going to go camping! Esp.when u can easily switch to next weekend!
I'm not arguing.with u!

When they issue hurricane warnings they issuing cancellation things shut down even if u don't know.where.that. storm will.actually end up!

I find your analysis shocking...I'm sure that some people who like to do what is considered "cool things" may actually be narcissists, but that's a pretty sweeping generalization to make of all people who engage in those activities.

MOO - I dont think the original poster meant it the way you are taking it. Narcissists like to be admired - feel special, have their ego boosted. Yes everyone to a certain extent likes attention like that, but with a narc its different, its to the extreme. In my experience, their perception of things tends to be very different from others. They want to always be right... and make the other person feel dumb because they were "wrong".

It appears that the van was always with Gabby, regardless. The Florida trip that Brian took from August 17-23 was by airplane, while the van was parked outside of the hotel that Gabby was staying at. Her and her friend were supposed to just *discuss* plans and they were supposed to meet up some time in September. Gabby didn’t answer her phone calls on August 29. Then the fake text message was sent from her phone to her mom on August 30, which read “No service in Yosemite” when her body was discovered in Spread Creek. Her phone was turned off from that day forward. He used her bank cards on the way home. He doesn’t notice that essentially all of her important belongings are still in the van?

Authorities also don’t have the phone Laundrie had with him on the couple’s trip nor do they have Gabby’s phone. Neither phone was in Gabby’s van, which Brian drove back to Florida.

Did it say somewhere what they found all her personal belongings in the van ? I thought I read he didn’t have a phone along these threads. If they where budgeting and normally always with her and only had her phone and she had it. If he didn’t have his own phone it would make sense why he would get one when he returned back. If he didn’t take it with him maybe it’s not an addiction of his to carry. Most obvious explanation is he is guilty he is the last person known to be with her. But he drove home and stayed there two weeks not leaving til the parents called looking for her and then he was supposedly seen driving a truck saying he trying to get back to his girlfriend out west after a fight. To him she is missing and he left her and needs to get back there. They both read crime books I can’t see him being stupid enough to go home and sit around for two weeks waiting to run til he knew his gig was up. Doesn’t make sense. The character descriptions of him all seem circumstantial. They were together a long time and referred to as relationship goals. I haven’t researched his personality other than what’s been said on here and it seems like jumping to the attack of someone noone really knows because he is a person that people should hate if he killed someone. JMO. I’m sure
If I followed along I probably would be right on board with just reverting to he’s guilty but seeing it all at once and looking at the timeline of events without emotions and assumptions tied to following it along the timeline IMO is he learned she was in trouble when everyone else did. He left her there because that was her thing to do. By saying he should never leave a female behind (someone replied to me before) isn’t that saying she can’t do this adventure on her own so if she didn’t want to drive the van long distances her only choice would be to abandon her plans. From the other women who were interviewed with this carefree lifestyle it’s something they meet up and the one said she is sure she would have met her at some point because they actively seek eachother out. To say she couldn’t do this without him is not much different than her saying in the police video that he didn’t think she could do it. Apparently many think a women needs a man to travel.
You do know she is dead, right? He left her there, dead. Took her van, used her cc, ignored her frantic parents calls, left his car at the reserve to throw off LE, and on and on.
All of this happened just days after someone called 911 on him for slapping her in public.
If it walks like a duck...
Jm

I do know she is dead but I don’t see waddles…. I see someone seeing someone in yellow and assuming a duck.
1) Here people said she didn’t drive the van, he did. That she didn’t like driving the van and has anxiety issues. So why would she want to drive it home alone if it made her uncomfortable to drive? Is it assumed she didn’t like driving the van or is it she would be okay driving it home 30+ hrs alone? IMO it isn’t surprising he would be responsible for driving it home since his job was the driver… JMO. He left her I get but unless they have camera footage of him walking out and her dead your assuming that he left her dead. He hitchhiked and got picked up by a witness -that’s a fact. According to everyone he freaked out and had them drop him off. I haven’t read on this yet but wouldn’t that person be a witness that he was off hiking and not there. It isn’t a duck. It would be something to not be his word against hers otherwise he says I walked off and they say prove it. There’s the person who saw him hitchhiking. A witness. Seems it would be more wanted than anything.
2) Used her cc— being in a committed relationship where it’s “them” not him or her on a road trip maybe she had the bank account. My husband for years into our marriage had the bank account. He still considered it our money. We eventually did get around to making it officially ours because he was like if something happened to me you need to know how to access stuff. It may have been a natural thing for them. I was an official “authorized user” but it didn’t give me ability to call them and discuss the account. So maybe it was common place in their relationship to use that card for gas. Nothing to say he didn’t normally carry it. So unless you know the way they handled the card on the road and that she never let it off her person the it isn’t a duck. It did get a warrant for him so that’s great!
3) Ignored her frantic parents calls? The duck I see is that they went two weeks without knowing where their daughter was. No way would my daughter no matter how old he on. A road trip and I wouldn’t daily be making sure she is okay. She’s not even 6 right now but at 22 I would still want to make sure she didn’t fall off a cliff or break down someplace. It surely wouldn’t be two weeks. Then when they did realize she went missing (her father said in McCullen interview that was the 11th but it was the 10th according to the police incident). So the parents frantic calls were the 10th and of he was still sitting round his parents and remained there for (what was it 2 days after) that isn’t a duck. He could have felt they would be angry he left her there on her own. I would be pissed if my daughters bf left her out there alone too. I also wouldn’t want to talk to them. When he hears she is missing he then takes off and according to a witness asking for directions to go see his girlfriend. So the only duck is he was home til days after he learned she was missing. The duck is why if he killed her did he sit around two weeks before leaving? Why did her family wait two weeks to figure out why that hadn’t heard from her? It’s assumed in the matter of hours between them calling to enquire on her whereabouts and then calling the police (I’m not sure time of day all went down but it was on the same day according to timeline) that any of them actually saw the messages to ignore and that police weren’t involved by time they saw them and had time to talk and respond. It all went fast on 9/10. So it’s not a duck their either. Something yellow raced by and you assumed a duck because they called them then called the police in a matter of hours after ignoring two weeks of no word.
3) They said they left car at reserve to throw of LE? Seems a big admission and one that would have them in jail. Or is it an assumption? Not a duck. Or did he drive to the reserve as police indicate by searching there still, not exit as police still search there and they removed the car because it was going to be towed. It doesn’t sound like the reserve is too far from the house. The car a car with a story noone knows. Not a duck.

4) “All of this happened just days after someone called 911 on him for slapping her in public.” Is this the police video? Or is there more than one 911 call? Because that video if he slapped her I thought I read it didn’t appear she was injured but she hit him with a cell phone and he had injuries? So it seems like DV would go both directions in that incidence. Or is it ok for a women to hit a man? I teach my boys they are never to hit a women and if they are being hit to walk away and not hit back no matter what. No matter what it’s not ok because you have the option to walk away. Did he walk away and hitchhike because it got physical?

If it walks like a duck... you are assuming ducks. Whenever a women goes missing the man is always the first and most obvious cause. But it isn’t a duck it’s a lot of assumptions.

Here is the tweet from the FBI. I don't know why they would say "following the death of Gabrielle Petito" if the charge didn't involve her card. If the charge was related to literally any other person it would not be related to the death of Gabrielle Petito and it would be inappropriate to mention her death in the tweet.

https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1441155529393389568

On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito.

Hi Alethea, why would they not state that it was her card specifically though?

Again, it just seems that some are able to post things as fact in here (when it's simply assumption) yet if others do the same, they're shot down.

MOO

A random thought based on the discussion of the credit card(s). I'm imagining any and all of Gabby's current mail being delivered to the Laundrie's address/home. Are they forwarding it to her parents? Did her parents request a forwarding order from the post office?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
This is why not providing links leads to wrong "quotes". The punching statement from one of the eye witnesses was:

Date: 8/12/2021 Time: 16.30
Name: Chris
At approximately 4.30 pm. I arrived at Moonflower. While standing on the Southside of the street, I observed a man and woman appear to have some sort of dispute. They were talking aggressively at each other and something seemed off. At one point they were sort of fighting over a phone - I think the male took the females phone. It appeared that he didn't want her in the white van. He got into the drivers seat and she followed him. At one point she was punching him in the arm and/or face and trying to get into the van. She eventually climbed in/over him and over to the passenger seat.

https://twitter.com/KristinThorne/status/1440476162367516677

Last edited by a moderator:
When I try to imagine if it were my son who was a POI in a murder case and he’s hiding out somewhere, nothing could make me feel relaxed and smile and laugh during my search for him. That, IMO is how most normal, decent and innocent parents would feel too. For Mr. L to show up now, after all of this time, indicates to me that he knows his son is safely tucked away somewhere other than where he finally showed up to help LE.
I couldn't agree more!

The picnic lunch, getting out for awhile, laughing--- are all incredibly unkind situations to display.

This shows very little ability to empathize with others.

A random thought based on the discussion of the credit card(s). I'm imagining any and all of Gabby's current mail being delivered to the Laundrie's address/home. Are they forwarding it to her parents? Did her parents request a forwarding order from the post office?
Maybe that is what CL mailed at the post office, maybe he wanted a return receipt so that he could prove what was mailed.

WHO, though? I don't see a lot of people speaking out to defend his reputation and it appears that he was mostly considered a loner with few friends. His family has been under scrutiny for weeks now. Who has that kind of love and dedication to harbor or assist someone who is a person of interest in a homicide and who is wanted on federal charges of fraud? Anyone?

I think this scenario is completely unlikely. BL is alone.

there ere interviews of some friends early on- no one seemed to know a lot

Friends of Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito speak publicly about their relationship: 'They seem to be pretty in love'

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

<modsnip> The warrant does specify the card or account number. I do believe that is as close to what specifically you are asking for as you are going to get from the warrant. As far as fact vs assumptions, we can assume that everything stated by SB is slanted to be presented in the best light for the person who he is defending. So it would be reasonable to parse his statements in light of this. Usually I will accept most statements from defense attorneys as factual, but SB has proven time and time again that he plays fast and loose with the truth. So, not only do I parse his statements for bias towards his client, I also bring a heavy skepticism that he cares a whit about being truthful. I have no such qualms about the Petito lawyer. He is not directly involved in the criminal case at all. He has no track record of being proven in a lie. I do tend to take his word as fact. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Running home was not logical at all IMO but I think he could have played the breakup part for a while except her family started blowing phones up and contacting police. If they were already sharing money, and no one but he knows what's happened, he carries on normally-all the way to Florida. Day 10 comes, and changes everything.
It's MOO that Brian took off the very night the parents started calling and was pretty far gone when the Laundries gave police the Lawyers name and number on the 11th.
The reason they waited to report him missing is because they lied when they said he had an attorney to start with. Brian wasn't even there.
Then I think the Laundries have done everything up to now to cover how they handled the knock at the door. No way after the 11th with the media there did Brian run, walk or Drive away unnoticed.
IMO he was gone the 10th. After Gabby’s parents started calling/texting and 2 911 calls from the house. Moooooo

Correct. He is just a generic citizen with no more authority than any other civilian.

DTBH may have no more authority, but he *does* have more experience, more connections, an established tip line, and way more financial resources than most generic citizens. I believe the bad boy TV star persona may lend itself to acquiring tips that the FBI would never get for many reasons already discussed here.

MOO

The only issue with this for me is they declared Gabby’s death a homicide. If someone had just left her on the side of the road, I’m not sure how a coroner would determine that to be a homicide in such a quick timeframe. And I’m not sure how she would end up dead rather than just walk to another campsite. JMO.
After GP was found, do you know how long it was until she was removed, and how long crime scene was processed. How long were they at the crime scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV