Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was me that replied yesterday, I never said gabby couldn’t do the trip on her own, what I said was he took her van and cards so How could she complete this trip without these things, no cash for food, no van to get back to a town for example. I said it was negligent on his behalf if he did just desert her out there. I’m certain gabby could have this trip alone.

Think we touched on this in another thread, this is where his potential story has fewer options, him leaving her is such an egregious action if she is alive and stranded, it's extremely difficult to come up with a valid innocent explaination.

the cnn link states that the info came from a source "close to the family", not LE...
They still haven’t made that adjustment to the original article. I saw upthread where someone said they came out & said it was LE which is why I said the part about someone maybe being close with someone in the police dept. & maybe they haven’t made that adjustment bc that’s exactly who they were referring to by saying “someone close to the family.” Whether right or wrong, I could see them not wanting to out anyone in LE being a source. JMO. But regardless, there’s still no retraction on the campsite. Which I find interesting. JMO.

Yeah, confounding. Complete opposite of the mastermind that tried to build an alibi by hitch-hiking, right? Not sure why he wouldn't have kept trying after that, if that was his goal.

Driving home, spending money to get there and leaving the van in plain sight doesn't seem particularly as clever as the hitch-hiking alibi attempt.

Strangest guilty behavior ever, especially as he has since left home independently, for what, going on nearly a month now after realizing she really was missing/killed?

Weirdest case, especially if he is guilty, and knew he was guilty from August 27th on. IMO

o_O....I know I am not suppose to -------but you have a way with words. Said it so much better than I could have.

Well....if he expected to escape what he had done, running home was not very logical....especially with a van in her name and using her bank account.

I think his parents should have talked him into turning himself in, I dont think they were thinking too clearly either.
I agree. He would have been in a much better position to plead to even second degree. Running/hiding was the worse thing he could have done. Jmo

Bit the bullet last night and watched Fight Club. (Amazon Prime)

I better understand BLs antiestablishmentarianism.

Ironically, the main character suffers from insomnia just as we've been told that BL does. The character's doctor advises him to visit the meetings of men with testicular cancer because those folks have "real problems." He does. Then, he becomes addicted to going to various meetings for people who endure hardships of one kind or another.

Ironically, the main character hears voices in his head ordering him to do stuff; bad stuff like fighting for the hell of it, illegal things such as setting off dynamite in important places, destructive behaviors that get loved ones killed.

Ironically, a plot of Fight Club is to rebel against Credit Card Corporations and what does BL do? He steals Gabby's bank cards then, proceeds to steal at least $1000 from her C1 accounts.

There is a plot twist in the end that BL may likely see himself mirroring.

Zodiac is on tap for this evening. Must buy more popcorn.

Can you please provide the link where it says BL has stolen and used Gabby's bank cards. You've stated this as if it is fact, and I don't believe LE have confirmed that it is.

TIA

glad you are enjoying it, so do i

if you are not already i would pair the flight tracker with broadcastify and listen to the scanner traffic coming through, not always a lot about BL but sometimes you hear calls with sightings and such, operations above the reserve, you are looking for the northport/sarasota PD
Thank you, great idea.

Can you please provide the link where it says BL has stolen and used Gabby's bank cards. You've stated this as if it is fact, and I don't believe LE have confirmed that it is.

TIA
I believe that came out from the latest Dr. Phil interview with Gabby’s parents. I didn’t read the OP but I just saw your question. No, LE hasn’t said that. However, her parents did. IIRC they straight up said he used her debit card.
ETA: by “stolen” I would say he took them without her consent & used them which is what he’s charged for by unauthorized use of access devices. I just wanted to be clear that no one has ever had the word “stolen.” It’s always been he took her debit card or something to that effect.

They still haven’t made that adjustment to the original article. I saw upthread where someone said they came out & said it was LE which is why I said the part about someone maybe being close with someone in the police dept. & maybe they haven’t made that adjustment bc that’s exactly who they were referring to by saying “someone close to the family.” Whether right or wrong, I could see them not wanting to out anyone in LE being a source. JMO. But regardless, there’s still no retraction on the campsite. Which I find interesting. JMO.

i'm sorry, what adjustment? the article that i posted specifically states the info came from a source close to the family...apparently, there has been a tweet that says from law enforcement? has the source been identified as law enforcement? tia

TIA

Could you explain what exactly you are looking for? There is an arrest warrant out for him for exactly this, as I am sure you are aware. There is the interview with the Petitos and their lawyer in Dr Phil, where he identifies the card BL used fraudulenty as GP’s card. Exactly what do you need to hear to convince you that LE believes this to be the truth and are endeavoring to prosecute him for?

WHO, though? I don't see a lot of people speaking out to defend his reputation and it appears that he was mostly considered a loner with few friends. His family has been under scrutiny for weeks now. Who has that kind of love and dedication to harbor or assist someone who is a person of interest in a homicide and who is wanted on federal charges of fraud? Anyone?

I think this scenario is completely unlikely. BL is alone.
IF BL is maintaining his innocence, or a scenario of an accident, I don't think it would be out of the scope of reality that he may call on the help of someone he may know with the same anti-establishment mentality that he has. Anyone with this mindset is not likely to be someone who is going to run to the media to discuss their friendship or association with BL. And not everyone is enamoured with LE. I don't think that a perdon who would be willing to help a friend out in this situation would necessarily need to love them...they may just be a like-minded person, and someone who thinks they are helping another person avoid getting caught up in "the system". There are lots of people who prefer to stay under the radar.

Well....if he expected to escape what he had done, running home was not very logical....especially with a van in her name and using her bank account.

I think his parents should have talked him into turning himself in, I don't think they were thinking too clearly either.

Running home was not logical at all IMO but I think he could have played the breakup part for a while except her family started blowing phones up and contacting police. If they were already sharing money, and no one but he knows what's happened, he carries on normally-all the way to Florida. Day 10 comes, and changes everything.
It's MOO that Brian took off the very night the parents started calling and was pretty far gone when the Laundries gave police the Lawyers name and number on the 11th.
The reason they waited to report him missing is because they lied when they said he had an attorney to start with. Brian wasn't even there.
Then I think the Laundries have done everything up to now to cover how they handled the knock at the door. No way after the 11th with the media there did Brian run, walk or Drive away unnoticed.

We need volunteers who are good with maps and directions. We need a case mapper. @skibaboo @otto . I realize there are practically zero confirmations but we could start with the sightings the FBI seems more interested in and make a beta case map version. It’s hard work but if anyone is willing to take it on, I’ll help. I’m directionally challenged so I can’t do it. Seriously. My husband says I can’t find my way out of a paper bag.
I'm in! I've been busy with work but following quietly. I'm happy to help with a map.
Awesome! you’re such a good person and so talented. Thank you. So do you have a base you think you might be able to begin from? How can we help?

RSBBM for clarity & brevity. I respect coming at this from a different angle & trying to look at things differently. :) & you have some points. & actually I’m not saying he’s guilty. We really don’t have anything more than circumstantial evidence IMO. I just slightly disagree with the premise that by a person saying he shouldn’t have left Gabby behind, that person is essentially saying she couldn’t do that adventure on her own. I 100% agree that he shouldn’t have left her behind. However, I also 100% believe that Gabby most certainly could have done the trip on her own. For the sake of the argument, let’s say BL didn’t leave Gabby in the woods - which we could reasonably say that bc the van was seen roughly 900’ from where the body was found - but in this case let’s say he didn’t. BL left Gabby by herself - which clearly in the police video she has severe anxiety about being alone in the van IMO (which confuses me with the trip BL took when he flew home to FL but whatever lol - maybe it’s bc she was in a hotel - who knows). He left her with no transportation. He left her with no debit card (that came out in the latest Dr. Phil interview) therefore no way to buy anything (food, supplies, a hotel, etc.). It seems to me, even if they broke up, if you at one point loved someone enough to propose to them, you wouldn’t abandon them that far away from home with no transportation & no money. JMO.

TL;DR: You made some good points :) I don’t think he should have left her the way he did - not bc I don’t think she could have done the trip on her own. I hope that made sense haha.
You made great sense! I wish we knew more about the cause of death, the crime scene and phone records. I agree with you, nearly completely on it not at all being okay to leave her alone in the tent (or that spot) or at all really...also setting aside the 6-7 days alone in the hotel.

I just don't know if she/they were, in fact, alone. If so, his actions despicable. IMO. If not alone, well....it makes better sense. Maybe? IMO. MOO. JMHO.

i'm sorry, what adjustment? the article that i posted specifically states the info came from a source close to the family...apparently, there has been a tweet that says from law enforcement? has the source been identified as law enforcement? tia
When MSM produces news, it's up to them to verify it.
They are responsible for presenting a factual account.
They are not obliged to name their sources.
That's just how they roll....

Ohhh I see what you meant. I misread it. This is what I saw upthread:
The FBI might not even be actually looking in that swamp any more. Yesterday's mission might all have been staged.
In fact, they might have only decided late on going with the flow on the idiot attorney's statement that CL would help with the search. As in, FBI: "What a great idea! Let's run with it!"
IMO the tidbit from LE that there was a "campsite" and then putting off a search was just more of a ruse to keep the gig going or to get time to get the staging together.
LE could have verified there was no ACTUAL campsite by hopping on the Gator all by themselves, no CL required.
IMO the "campsite" motif was just made up from whole cloth.

Looks that way.
Chris Cuomo dropped that tidbit, cited source as LE.
None of the journalists on the ground heard a thing about it.
So that’s why I mentioned the LE thing. I’m going to try to do some digging on that.

I can see that. He might have dumped a cell phone that pinged there last and is trying to retrieve it. I could see that.

If LE wanted to they would. Trust. They probably didn't watch the backyard/fence. He could have easily jumped, climbed, or crawled through the broken fence.

If all LE is looking for is an old cell phone or a dirty shirt then that would be disappointing. With the money and time they’ve spent searching this reserve I really hope it’s something more.

Yeah, confounding. Complete opposite of the mastermind that tried to build an alibi by hitch-hiking, right? Not sure why he wouldn't have kept trying after that, if that was his goal.

Driving home, spending money to get there and leaving the van in plain sight doesn't seem particularly as clever as the hitch-hiking alibi attempt.

Strangest guilty behavior ever, especially as he has since left home independently, for what, going on nearly a month now after realizing she really was missing/killed?

Weirdest case, especially if he is guilty, and knew he was guilty from August 27th on. IMO

It doesn't fit all nice neat and tidy does it? this bothers me too.

I believe that came out from the latest Dr. Phil interview with Gabby’s parents. I didn’t read the OP but I just saw your question. No, LE hasn’t said that. However, her parents did. IIRC they straight up said he used her debit card.
ETA: by “stolen” I would say he took them without her consent & used them which is what he’s charged for by unauthorized use of access devices. I just wanted to be clear that no one has ever had the word “stolen.” It’s always been he took her debit card or something to that effect.

Thanks for your reply. The word "stolen" was used in the previous post I was replying to.

Do we now take any family statements made (either by the Laundries or the Petito/Schultz) as confirmed, verified facts, or are their statements considered opinion only?

I'm just wondering where the line is drawn, because we can't really be selective about that kind of thing, ie; 'the Laundries make a statement or comment but it must be a lie, because they're the bad guys', and 'the Petitos/Schultz family make a statement which must be true, because they're the good guys'.

I'm obviously playing devil's advocate here, but I think it's an important distinction to make, because the TOS are very strict on WS in terms of stating something as fact without a link to verify, otherwise we have to state that something is our opinion only, I believe.

MOO

not a semi-pro blogger here- would GP have used just her phone (or BL's phone) to do photography, editing? Did they have cameras? a PC, laptop or tablet? Seems to me that trying to edit and upload and alter photos and videos on a phone would have been difficult. If there was equipment, does LE have it?

Also, does anyone think that traveling this summer, with the fires and closures would have caused a lot of discomfort and difficulties? I know that there has been discussion about the water, but to set off and to try to keep finding camp sites and getting water and food "on the run," while simultaneously doing hair and make up and filming, sounds hard. I am assuming no refrigeration in the little van (?), so food acquisition or eating only those peanut butter crackers would be a daily thing... and getting gas because the 2012 Ford Transit has a 15.8 gal tank and gets about 25 mpg (google). Were GP and BL trying to monetize their blog to pay for itself? Was that the original plan?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member