Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today while WS was closed in was reading prior posts and thinking. What if … BL had someone help him plan, make arrangements, leave the area and is in hiding. The cause of GP’s homicide has not yet been released, he knows the condition her remains are not in good of shape , so he’s hiding until a cause of death can’t be determined and he can’t be charged with her homicide.
My own observations:
The media has been camped out at the Laundrie home neighborhood for weeks now. The viewing public has seen a few glimpses of both of the parents as they exit and return to their home. I haven't seen either of them look despondent, worried, or grief-stricken in my views. I do not see embarrassment or shame either.
Heck, I don't even see anger and frustration at the situation on their front lawn!
What I see is duty, and a perceived toughness.
I see a huge void of natural/normal emotions.

Apple/Tree anyone?
Good Observations.

The Mustang was registered to his Dad. Not his car. jmo[/
They must have because they are the ones who drive it back home. Jmo
would be interesting to read full police report about Mustang like if keys were left in car or if car doors locked. The fact that the parents drove car home so quickly is suspicious and the fact that they did not report him missing until 2-3 days after picking up car at Reserve. The car was only abandoned/illegally parked at Reserve for about one day if it’s true that parents said he left home 9/13 with Mustang. The police would not be able to impound car for 5 days yet parents picked it up shortly after police report. Would love to know how parents responded verbally when police notified them about Mustang at Reserve.

Moo...the hiking/hunting groups and rural locals are aware. They will be on the look out for campfires, smoke from local cabins, unusually activity. Mountain folks are very observant and frequently communicate with each other.

In a small town, the 200 people know of each other and they know if some stranger suddenly appears. I do not see a small town as an easy escape, IMO.

and BTW:

COPS DENY A CAMPSITE WAS FOUND

Florida authorities have refuted reports that investigators leading a manhunt for fugitive fiance Brian Laundrie had discovered a fresh campsite.

“...No campsite was found out there,” a spokesman for the North Port Police Department stated, deflating hopes of a lead on the missing young man.

On Wednesday, CNN’s Chris Cuomo reported on his show that a Laundrie family source informed him of “traces” of a makeshift campsite had been spotted in the 25,000-acre swampy Carlton Reserve in Venice, Florida where the search for the 23-year-old has focused.

Nancy Grace predicts what Gabby autopsy will reveal once it is finally released

(scroll down in link)

so was the camp site mention was just fiction?

Last edited:
Yes, I've always thought he's tucked away cozy like. Perhaps some remote hunting cabin in upper NY, courtesy of some family associate or relative.

Amateur opinion or speculation

That’s my guess too. He’s from Long Island. Lots of families local to the NYC area have “camps” in the family. They’re usually seasonal & may be on leased state land with records not often updated. Lots in the Catskills & Adirondacks.

My own observations:
The media has been camped out at the Laundrie home neighborhood for weeks now. The viewing public has seen a few glimpses of both of the parents as they exit and return to their home. I haven't seen either of them look despondent, worried, or grief-stricken in my views. I do not see embarrassment or shame either.
Heck, I don't even see anger and frustration at the situation on their front lawn!
What I see is duty, and a perceived toughness.
I see a huge void of natural/normal emotions.

Apple/Tree anyone?
Would you break down in front of people who hate you? In front of the press who will show it over and over again to the world. To have strangers dissect your every twitch ad nauseum. Because no matter what they say or what they show, they will lose.

Or would you work hard to show them nothing. I know what I'd do.

Another day, no Brian.. . this hunt is now longer than the Siege of Dubrovnik......

No sighting of Brian, ....no buzzards circling, no bits and pieces washing up in the rain, no local dogs dragging back a shin bone.... all these horrible things happen.

When the impossible , and the improbable, turn out to be all that's left to consider.....

Why no sighting of Brian?... experienced trackers are out looking for him ( I remove the NPPD from this category for obvious reasons ) .. If he hasn't been seen, or heard from.. then ... it's because he is in no condition to be seen, or heard.

What is he using for money, if he's on the run?.. no doubt the FBI are tracking his parents and friends bank accounts, with beady eyed concentration... is he sashaying around with a backpack full of dollar bills?.. hard to imagine.

How attention bringing is it these days in southern USA to be using cash??..

He is only 24, and not intellectually developed to a high degree, .. he could maybe cope as long as things were going smoothly, but he does have a tendency to completely lose the plot if thwarted, as has been seen, or denied, or made to wait.. I have no evidence of Brian's intrinsic patience, which a life on the edge would require....
I like this. Eloquently stated and well thought out. Thank you. We need these lights in the darkness.

In a small town, the 200 people know of each other and they know if some stranger suddenly appears. I do not see a small town as an easy escape, IMO.

and BTW:

COPS DENY A CAMPSITE WAS FOUND

Florida authorities have refuted reports that investigators leading a manhunt for fugitive fiance Brian Laundrie had discovered a fresh campsite.

“...No campsite was found out there,” a spokesman for the North Port Police Department stated, deflating hopes of a lead on the missing young man.

On Wednesday, CNN’s Chris Cuomo reported on his show that a Laundrie family source informed him of “traces” of a makeshift campsite had been spotted in the 25,000-acre swampy Carlton Reserve in Venice, Florida where the search for the 23-year-old has focused.

Nancy Grace predicts what Gabby autopsy will reveal once it is finally released

(scroll down in link)

so was the camp site mention just fiction?
May have looked like a campsite from the air, but upon inspection on the ground, not a campsite.I think they knew that before Dad went to the reserve, though. Day before was when all the cars were stopped by the bridge along the pole line...... jmo

I know this has been said dozens of times, but no, homicide is not the unlawful killing of another. Homicide simply means death at the hands of another. Homicide can include justified killings, such as police shooting an armed suspect, or it can mean a killing in self defense. Murder can also be included, however a homicide is not the same as murder.

Well, you've said it one more time for those in the back. TY

Another day, no Brian.. . this hunt is now longer than the Siege of Dubrovnik......

No sighting of Brian, ....no buzzards circling, no bits and pieces washing up in the rain, no local dogs dragging back a shin bone.... all these horrible things happen.

When the impossible , and the improbable, turn out to be all that's left to consider.....

Why no sighting of Brian?... experienced trackers are out looking for him ( I remove the NPPD from this category for obvious reasons ) .. If he hasn't been seen, or heard from.. then ... it's because he is in no condition to be seen, or heard.

What is he using for money, if he's on the run?.. no doubt the FBI are tracking his parents and friends bank accounts, with beady eyed concentration... is he sashaying around with a backpack full of dollar bills?.. hard to imagine.

How attention bringing is it these days in southern USA to be using cash??..

He is only 24, and not intellectually developed to a high degree, .. he could maybe cope as long as things were going smoothly, but he does have a tendency to completely lose the plot if thwarted, as has been seen, or denied, or made to wait.. I have no evidence of Brian's intrinsic patience, which a life on the edge would require....
It depends on what you use cash for. It's memorable if you buy gas with it because you have to go in and pre-pay and the attendant has to set the pump to stop at a set amount.

Just my speculation based on personal experience: I'm a joint account holder on each of my kids' checking and savings accounts. (My name doesn't appear on checks.) These accounts were started when my kids were minors so an adult had to be included.

Once my kids reached 18, their accounts were converted to regular ol' adult accounts. Each had the option of removing me from the account, but none did. It was easy for me to transfer money from my account into my 19 year old's account for school expenses, or transfer money from one kid's account to another to reimburse for a purchase (they use Venmo for this now, but for larger amounts they rather an account to account transfer, which I can easily do).

When I log into my bank app, I see the last four digits of all 11 accounts on which I'm a party. :eek: As my kids change banks, marry, etc. I'm sure I'll be dropped from their accounts (as I should be).

I know Gabby's mom lives in NY, but I think her dad lives in FL. It's possible either of them are joint account holders on Gabby's account(s). Just my speculation -- keep in mind I may have missed new facts suggeting otherwise.

Exactly my situation with all of my kids so I know exactly what you're talking about. 2 of mine are done with school and they haven't dropped me either lol. One day I think they'll say um, hey, about my account, lol.

I think this is a good suggestion. If the credit or debit card that BL used was shared by GP with one of her parents, might that be why the indictment didn't mention the name on it? If the card is still in use, might they avoid giving both the name and the last four digits of the card? Or would the card have become useless after BL used it?

JMO

You are supposed to redact sensitive personal information like social security numbers or financial account information when you file documents through ECF on PACER. The last 4 digits are what you are supposed to include on public documents to reference sensitive information like that.

We all saw the indictment was one paragraph. The feds have all of the documents, including the account holder information, from the bank. That was all presented to the grand jury and is available as evidence for the eventual trial.

North Port Police have found nothing in the Carlton Reserve that indicates Brian Laundrie was there as of now.
No campsite. No personal items.
Here is the first part of our interview with North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor. More to come on @NewsNationNow tonight.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1446592338768371715?s=21
Who in the world was Cuomo talking to?! Haha.
I would hope they’re not playing word games like this, but part of me was like hmmmmm lol I wonder if he can say that because it was the FBI that actually found it? Probably 100% not but the skeptic in me is like hmmm. Haha!

After hearing about the 911 calls coming from the Laundrie house on 09/10 and 09/11, I wonder if those calls involved Brian being suicidal. Would the police have actually spoken to him if that were the case? I'm beginning to believe he left and committed suicide.
I hate to think of anyone doing that, even him. I also don’t think a person could hide their own body so well that they wouldn’t have been discovered by now.

Except for the Appalachian Trail guy who was looking for the road to California, there is nothing about BL that makes me think he would head back out west to get lost. He could have easily driven on to California when he was near Yellowstone, ditched the van, and gone into hiding. But Florida is his comfort zone and there are many large cities where he could hide. However, Atlanta strikes me as a better option. Halfway between Florida and North Carolina, nice climate, public transportation other southern cities don't have, cheap restaurants, soup kitchens, college campuses where he might crash a party for food or a place to sleep, lots of surrounding countryside to hide in. He can be homeless there instead of wasting money driving all the way to the west coast. JMOO

I'm in an Atlanta suburb.
Mostly true except for the public transportation which isn't great at all unless you are IN the city. It's hard to find, in fact.
A great many places to hide, esp. around the outside of Atlanta for sure.
And I've been informed here on WS in another case that there is a good homeless population in or around the biggest park in the area, Piedmont Park. Never seen it myself (the homeless group) but I'm sure it's there.
It gets cold here in the winter however. He could not live outdoors in Atlanta all winter. Gets below freezing, even snows a bit.
But I think he's an indoor guy when it comes down to it.
Even given all the above, it would be easier for him to get lost in NY or LA.

JMO

You are supposed to redact sensitive personal information like social security numbers or financial account information when you file documents through ECF on PACER. The last 4 digits are what you are supposed to include on public documents to reference sensitive information like that.

We all saw the indictment was one paragraph. The feds have all of the documents, including the account holder information, from the bank. That was all presented to the grand jury and is available as evidence for the eventual trial.
Q. Should he be indicted for murder, would it be the same fed grand jury in WY that has indicted him for the fraud? How long do fed grand juries sit? ty jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member