Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks that way.
Chris Cuomo dropped that tidbit, cited source as LE.
None of the journalists on the ground heard a thing about it.

i believe cuomo stated this info came from a source "close to the family"...he had previously stated that the laundries had reported BL missing several days prior to the 17th, which he had been told by SB, but LE has confirmed that was false...i think cuomo is getting all of his info from SB.

But wasn't it determined that the physical altercations thought to be initiated by Gabby were caused by (1) him taking her keys, trying to lock her out of her car, and threatening to leave her, and (2) her trying to stop him when the police were trying to pull him over and/or him trying to stop her or push her away.

Since Brian was the driver, he was probably in possession of keys. No indication I saw that he was going to drive off without her, he wanted to lock her out. If she was the one who started the hitting, by her own admission, and he said he was trying to get away from her, the grabbing of the phone might have been because per Brian's words when asked by LE, how did he get hit above the eye..."she got me with the phone"....

As for trying to make Brian stop when LE lit up lights....why punch him as she demonstrated to LE. Tells me Gabby was not afraid of Brian.
And they both called each other names, per LE vids. So the abuse went both ways...Brian admitted to LE..."they" got physical, he did not try to hide it. imo

Did it say somewhere what they found all her personal belongings in the van ? I thought I read he didn’t have a phone along these threads. If they where budgeting and normally always your her and only had her phone and she had it. If he didn’t have his own phone it would make sense why he would get one when he returned back. If he didn’t take it with him maybe it’s not an addiction of his to carry. Most obvious is he is guilty he is the last person known to be with her. But he drove home and stayed there two weeks not leaving til the parents called looking for her and then he was supposedly seen driving a truck saying he trying to get back to his girlfriend out west after a fight. To him she is missing and he left her and needs to get back there. They both read crime books I can’t see him being stupid enough to go home and sit around for two weeks waiting to run til he knew his gig was up. Doesn’t make sense. The character descriptions of him all seem circumstantial. They were together a long time and referred to as relationship goals. I haven’t researched his personality other than what’s been said on here and it seems like jumping to the attack of someone noone really knows because he is a person that people should hate if he killed someone. JMO. I’m sure
If I followed along I probably would be right on board with just reverting to he’s guilty but seeing it all at once and o lay looking at the timeline of events without emotions and assumptions tied to following it along the timeline IMO is he learned she was in trouble when everyone else did. He left her there because that was her thing to do. By saying he should never leave a female behind (someone replied to me before) isn’t that saying she can’t do this adventure on her own so if she didn’t want to drive the van long distances her only choice would be to abandon her plans. From the other women who were interviewed with this carefree lifestyle it’s something they meet up and the one said she is sure she would have met her at some point because they actively seek eachother out. To say she couldn’t do this without him is not much different than her saying in the police video that he didn’t think she could do it. Apparently many think a women needs a man to travel.
MOO
Thanks for giving us another way to look at this, until we know a lot of things for certain, this is plausible enough to be considered.I finally found a map and a timeline that help me look at the bigger picture. Yes he would be bouncing around all over the place, but at least timeline as we know it seemed feasible

I agree. The comments about water are strange, and they both mentioned it, away from each other. Strange to me, because I am sure they could have filled up in Moab. BUT, the longer I think about this, maybe they wanted to fill up at the campsite because it had potable, natural water from a spring or well. My husband and kids would have preferred that on our trip out west, if we had a choice and it was just a few miles away. My two cents on that one, but I agree, curious statements about that. MOO!

To me, their comments about water highlighted how exasperated they both were at the time, and maybe exasperated for different reasons, but both completely exasperated nonetheless.

i am on your page... I do think her feisty ways must be considered by all of us, as well.... But I do think his increasing controlling behaviour was too much for her to handle in the long run... If she'd only gotten away earlier...
I agree. And I think she had enough alone time with him gone she had realized the relationship was beyond repair. I think she had made the decision to either it or take a long break. GP was a kind soul and would naturally make the break as gently as possible. When BL realized he was going to lose her, he went crazy violent, and GP lost her life. Why he returned home is the piece that doesn't make sense. Why didn't he run???

Looks that way.
Chris Cuomo dropped that tidbit, cited source as LE.
None of the journalists on the ground heard a thing about it.
I was actually fixing to bring that up again. Here’s the article (Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of Brian Laundrie search, source says - CNN). I was watching Josh Benson’s (from WFLA) Twitter live from last night & someone in the comments said they thought CNN made a retraction. So I went to check it out & nothing in the article notes any kind of retraction. I got to thinking & I think that’s really interesting. Every other journalist is saying we can’t report that bc we cannot independently verify it, & CNN has been really hit with questions over that reporting, but yet they still haven’t issued a formal retraction (or not one I’ve found anyways - if they have please let me know bc I couldn’t find it). Every retraction or correction I’ve ever seen was noted in the original article. Idk it makes me think that maybe someone at CNN just happens to be real close with someone at the police department & that maybe it might be true? Idk JMO but I think it is interesting.

ETA: Josh Benson’s Twitter live link.

Imho, that is what he is. She showed more independence than he ever did, imo. He acts like a boy, not a man, IMHO. He ran home to his parents with her van and cc, he had none of those things. Jmo
He went home to where he lived. Not home to mommy.

I agree he acts like a boy. He is a boy. And I agree he was dependent on Gabby. I don't see the dependence on his mother.

When I try to imagine if it were my son who was a POI in a murder case and he’s hiding out somewhere, nothing could make me feel relaxed and smile and laugh during my search for him. That, IMO is how most normal, decent and innocent parents would feel too. For Mr. L to show up now, after all of this time, indicates to me that he knows his son is safely tucked away somewhere other than where he finally showed up to help LE.
Most people think they know what they'd do in a traumatic situation. Most people don't really know.

I survived a wildfire and lost everything I owned and lived through a night of horror. I suffered through some pretty major PTSD (and still do). But no one I knew would have known it at the time. I went to work the next day. I carried on as normal. I laughed and made light of some of the strange things I and others did that night. Then I went "home" and cried all night every night by myself. I wouldn't say that was typical. And I definitely would not have told you before it happened that I would react in this way. There were a thousand people in the same situation, and every single one reacted differently.

My story isn't the same as the Laundries', other than there was a traumatic event. But I think it's important to realize that everyone reacts differently to tragedy. And what you see in a picture or video clip isn't what everyday life is. And what you think you might do doesn't always happen in reality. This does not mean I'm sympathetic to them. I don't know what their role is in all this, but I believe they played a part in some of it.

Personally, I think the FBI had him there for their own purposes, and it wasn't to show them familiar trails. I do think they had an agenda, and being friendly and joking with him probably helped them with that agenda.

I live in North Port 5 mins from the Laundries. And u still would cancel a camping trip when there is a hurricane!
U have no idea where it will go or how long it will last! The rain alone floods most places!
But not Hurricane Ida on Aug 31st, it was inland, over 500 miles away and had zero chance of heading to Tampa bay.

" On August 30, Ida weakened into a tropical depression, as it moved inland."

we never know where these storms are actually going to end up !
They are very unpredictable!
Camping is not something ya do!

I was actually fixing to bring that up again. Here’s the article (Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of Brian Laundrie search, source says - CNN). I was watching Josh Benson’s (from WFLA) Twitter live from last night & someone in the comments said they thought CNN made a retraction. So I went to check it out & nothing in the article notes any kind of retraction. I got to thinking & I think that’s really interesting. Every other journalist is saying we can’t report that bc we cannot independently verify it, & CNN has been really hit with questions over that reporting, but yet they still haven’t issued a formal retraction (or not one I’ve found anyways - if they have please let me know bc I couldn’t find it). Every retraction or correction I’ve ever seen was noted in the original article. Idk it makes me think that maybe someone at CNN just happens to be real close with someone at the police department & that maybe it might be true? Idk JMO but I think it is interesting.

ETA: Josh Benson’s Twitter live link.

the cnn link states that the info came from a source "close to the family", not LE...

We need volunteers who are good with maps and directions. We need a case mapper. @skibaboo @otto . I realize there are practically zero confirmations but we could start with the sightings the FBI seems more interested in and make a beta case map version. It’s hard work but if anyone is willing to take it on, I’ll help. I’m directionally challenged so I can’t do it. Seriously. My husband says I can’t find my way out of a paper bag.

Is there so much attention at the Reserve to distract us from what is going on near the AT and now the Great Smokey Mtn NP (GSMNP)? DD states "...the man pulled his car up to his and asked for directions to California, but he did not want to take the Interstate ... he wanted to use back roads."
Brian Laundrie Alleged Sighting on Appalachian Trail, Hiker Claims

Then, MSM suggests there is a potential sighting on Hwy 321. Blount Co. woman claims she saw Brian Laundrie on Hwy. 321

These two alleged sightings work together and make sense as DD alleged he wanted to take a back roads. What backroads continue West from Hwy 321?

There is an area in North Carolina known as California. It makes more sense that that are is where the man was asking directions to and wanting to take back roads. https://northcarolina.hometownlocator.com/nc/hertford/california.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member