Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long until the self-ordained "Nomad" gets the itch to roam and drag his financial umbilical along for the ride? He's living a weird self-designed jail sentence that bears no likeness to running naked and shoeless through the Tetons. That boy is landlocked and more under someone else's rule than ever before. "You paid how much for a bag of toasted whole wheat, yogurt - banana granola bars? WHAT? 50 bucks?" "Don't even poke your nose out the window there." "You went for a WALK?" "I'm not shelling out 5 thousand a month so you can get yourself caught!"

Spam in a can. Iron bars do not a prison make, but draining someone's nest egg can make them pretty testy when your foot is indiscriminately being pressed to the spending pedal. Liberation, once the hub of your wheel has been supplanted with umbilicaly dependent/incarceration. Ouch. A gutting of all things sentiently fulfilling and vast. The pregnant, cosmic possibilities of becoming all one with nature squished down, under relentless pressure, to molecule size. Can you be an obedient boy and live with that? For how long?

Anyone know what the next charge up would be regarding the money withdrawn/spent on the CC?

For instance (only using these as an example):
"Theft $50-$100 Class C Misd."
"Theft $101-$500 Class B Misd."
"Theft $501-$1000 Class A Misd."

His charge is over $1000. Is there a charge after that? Or could it as easily mean $10,400 as $1,001? Hopefully that makes sense. I'm trying to figure out if he could have a substantial amount of cash still from that.

Even though people keep saying that it is, his charge isn't over $1000. It's $1000 or more. See the indictment here.
Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case

But you are right we don't know the amount. The FBI does. And if the accounts were shared accounts with members of GP's family as several here have suggested, they know the amount. (The FBI might have told them anyway but maybe not. They don't really have a need to know.)
JMO

I've always heard Alaska is a good place to run and hide forever. Wonder if perhaps with his background, well....it would fit perfectly if he's ok with being a loner.
Um, except it's already winter in Alaska which is the opposite of Florida. It would cost too much to fly there and he'd have to pass through multiple airports.And when people go missing up in Alaska often large hungry bears are involved. I seriously doubt he is further west than Georgia. JMOO

Well I am sorry I fell this way people are innocent until proven guilty.

Ordinarily I would agree with you. However, if you
  • leave your dead girlfriend on the ground and don't even have the decency to bury her
  • steal her van and belongings
  • knowingly and with intent to defraud obtained $1,000 or more using her Capitol One Bank debit card
  • return home and go bike riding with your mother the next day
  • help your father in the garage the next day
  • don't contact her parents and make them aware that she didn't return with you, even if you lied to them as to the reason why
  • have a family outing at a campground with the rest of your family
  • and then disappear,
this is hardly the behavior of an innocent man.

I'll leave it at because so much more could be said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting
Um, except it's already winter in Alaska which is the opposite of Florida. It would cost too much to fly there and he'd have to pass through multiple airports.And when people go missing up in Alaska often large hungry bears are involved. I seriously doubt he is further west than Georgia. JMOO
Interesting, what makes you stop at GA?

Man, that surely speaks to seeing what you want to see. On the first few viewings I was certain it was a person running. Now I totally see a bird flying. Ugh

We can check. A human can run a 5-10 minute mile. That would be between 44-88 ft in a five second time span. A heron cruises at 20-30 mph. That would be about 150-200 ft in a five second time span. Now we just have to measure the distance on GIS.

Does anyone know where that location is on a map?

Has this already been found/sent to LE/discussed? Top right corner of screen between 29:57 and 30:02?
Best at 1/4 speed.
Slowed it down to 0.25.
Saw a small beige-looking tent ?
No, not a tent.
A person running laterally across and under the tree line ?
I missed it completely.
Sorry, will go back and re-watch.
Is that what you're seeing ?
Good observation, whatever it is !

Last edited:
Agree, if he is alive, being on the lam would and will be difficult to adapt for it is the antithesis of what he understands and how he has lived his whole life. “ I assume” moo-
This is not a movie and he’s no Jason Bourne. He would likely have to find a host to rebuild , since he has never lived on his own, and to have a “ place”to be.
For 6 years he was with someone and always living with his parents, aloneness is a lifestyle not suited for most social creatures , the mental adaption to singularity and living outside society and running from the FBI - is massive.
The novelty will wear off unless he is truly able to rebuild a life unattached- and he is not Whitey Bulger who HAD a partner hiding with him in plain sight and access to 50 years of crime cash hidden behind his apartment wall.

Ted Kaczynski managed to live in a small shack for 25 years with little interactions with the public. But he was living with a serious mental illness. It is doable to self isolate for long periods of time without contact with the outside world, but none of us know BL well enough to say yeah, he's capable of that. imo

Time will tell because winter will be here before he knows it and can he survive that? If he is still alive he is probably in a warm weather location, Florida?

Will his life now include a life of crime? Is that how he will manage to stay ahead of his capture? Will BL be able to completely cut his family out of his life? Just as Kaczynski slipped up, won't BL eventually slip up? So many criminals have been caught because they made a mistake, even those who weren't even on the radar of LE. BL is being hunted by the FBI and they will stay on this until they reach their goal.

curious. When BL returned to FL, what interactions and whatever else did GP do or have? Meet anyone of interest perhaps?

From the crime scene, how far was the van captured in video from that location? and what was that date compared to last date GP 100% known alive.

First question: all that I think we know is that she was in contact with her Dad, who ordered dinner for her, and that she worked on and published her vlog.
Others may have better info than I can offer.

Second questions:
The van was approx 900 feet from the campsite/crime scene/where her body lay, the van was captured on video where it was parked, which was documented by a second witness as well.

The earliest witness sighting of the van was shaky, it was either 8/27 or 8/28 I believe. The video was 8/28 I believe. The last 100% documented sighting that I recall is the brouhaha at the restaurant which was on 8/27 I believe.

I did not go look on the amazing timeline, which you can easily find, so this is all just recall. My mind is aging, my recall may not be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay