Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A seed vault came to mind as something he may have already had on hand. If he has one, I feel it was because he had purchased it at a prior time when he was posting about sustainability and living off the land. I agree he would not have planned ahead since the murders to purchase one.

See his July 15, 2020 Post: Login • Instagram

BL was considering/planning to work on a wwoofing farm, and that's not something a person undertakes if they have no love/experience with growing things.

I think there's a very good chance he had a seed vault, or at the least, he had a collection of organic seeds. We know his parents were cleaning up the raised gardens in the backyard this past week, but maybe those beds were for Brian to grow things.

It's too bad he said that. It gives LE a bad reputation. And, it was a blatant lie.
It's possible, if not likely that he had received an undertaking from the family lawyer stating B was where he was supposed to be. And pled the 5th..
He was not a POI at that stage.
Te question is whether LE should have accepted a lawyer's undertaking rather than checking themselves.
But what could they have done?
They had no grounds for a warrant or evidence she was dead at that early stage.

I missed being able to post on the previous thread, but I wanted to respond to @IzzyBlanche when she said she was frustrated…..

I agree this is extremely frustrating. I go back to September 11th when GP was reported missing and the van was seized. Also, weren’t there reports of some 911 calls to the Laundrie residence on September 10th? Do we know that for sure, and what were those about? Anyhow, LE should have had eyes on BL from the 10th or 11th. IIRC they didn’t see him, so who told them that he was actually there?

One of my theories is that BL was long gone by then, perhaps he left after the September 4th phone purchase and the September 6-8 camping trip with his parents. The phone puzzles me, because supposedly he left it behind at the house, but that was when the parents said he went for a hike on September 14th, later changed to the 13th. My other theory is he left home on the 13th to the Carlton Reserve area, but then somehow disappeared from there.

There is a lot we don’t know, and I have no doubt LE including the FBI know a lot more, and hopefully they will track BL down soon, wherever he may be.

I think where BL is found will be determined largely by his frame of mind, and grounding in reality. If his mental state has deteriorated markedly, he will likely be hunkered down in the woods, running like a scared animal. (I think he's secreted away in a remote cabin, as posted upthread).

However, it's just as likely that he will be hiding in plain site. Grow the hair and neatly cut/dye it, add a mustache and plano glasses to hide those notable drooping eyes, put him in slacks and a blazer, and I could talk directly to him and not register that it was him. Our minds contextualize people. That's why we struggle to recognize people when they are outside the surroundings we normally see them, or are dressed very different.

What I'm counting on betraying him, in his behavior. Even tho we've seen BL acting all chummy with LE in that now infamous Moab video, it's questionable whether he could pull that off for any period of time. So, if he is existing in plain site, I speculate it's his behavior that will lead to his arrest.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree with you but creatives crave alone time to create.

I think it was a problem for them as a couple. He created alone and she needed him to create. I don't think that's what he wanted but didn't realize it until they were actually traveling. He couldn't do what he craved and resented her for being able to do what she craved.

Right.
Thinking too It’s getting cold, I pulled the down comforter out . I think those that think he is in Fla or going south would be correct unless he had time to amass cold weather camping gear or in a cabin set up already.

It's possible, if not likely that he had received an undertaking from the family lawyer stating B was where he was supposed to be. And pled the 5th..
He was not a POI at that stage.
Te question is whether LE should have accepted a lawyer's undertaking rather than checking themselves.
But what could they have done?
They had no grounds for a warrant or evidence she was dead at that early stage.

He actually was named a POI on 9/15, so prior to that press conference on the 16th.

“Our focus is to find Gabby. My focus isn’t to bring Brian in right now, it’s to find Gabby,” North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison said on Sept. 16, one day after Laundrie was officially labeled a person of interest in the investigation. “Brian is exercising his constitutional rights and I have to respect that. But as of right now, the focus is finding Gabby.”

Brian Laundrie search: Police did ‘everything we could’ to keep eye on him before disappearance | WFLA

I really think LE can probably account for BL up until Sept. 11th. The "eyes on him" is video footage from stores, cctv, neighbor sightings, whatever. But, suddenly, GP's mother starts texting the L family on Sept. 10th, warning them she is contacting law enforcement, and BAM, BL is never seen again.

I kind of wonder if BL just quietly waited once he got back to FL to see what was going to happen before bailing. The dumbest thing he did was drive that van home, though. It's a decision that suggests, imo, that he reacted quickly and without much forethought. However, he could have said, "yeah, mom and dad, we decided to take a break so she said she'd fly home..." (or whatever). He had to figure that eventually her family would come looking, likely contact police, and sooner or later he'd have to come up with something. But I bet he never imagined the world-wide attention this case would receive, or that his face would be plastered all over the internet. He probably hoped she'd never be found and nobody would even know where to look (he didn't know the van was on private video).

Maybe it's possible he took off early on 9/11. His parents knew something was up (if he hadn't already told them when GP's parents started calling) so they got their lawyer involved and by that night, when LE came knocking, they were prepared with his card.

For locals, how strict are they about parking at Myakkahatchee? If he parked a car in the lot on a Friday, would it get ticketed over the weekend? The ticket was placed on Monday. The date his parents last saw him has already changed once, so I'm not necessarily relying on that.
We do know though that SB put out the correction about the 14th to the 13th departure date for Brain, and in this correction he specifically references the FBI contacting him to clarify the date due to conflicting evidence. https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1445479583176818693/photo/1 For the parents to be lying about the 13th now after the FBI gave them the opportunity to get it right, and considering they are providing this info to LE as Brian currently has a Fed warrant out for him would be very dangerous ground for them at this point. Perhaps that adds strength to the 13th being a legitimate date. Time will tell...

We do know though that SB put out the correction about the 14th to the 13th departure date for Brain, and in this correction he specifically references the FBI contacting him to clarify the date due to conflicting evidence. https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1445479583176818693/photo/1 For the parents to be lying about the 13th now after the FBI gave them the opportunity to get it right, and considering they are providing this info to LE as Brian currently has a Fed warrant out for him would be very dangerous ground for them at this point. Perhaps that adds strength to the 13th being a legitimate date. Time will tell...
Conflicting evidence.
Feds knew.
They had no choice but to fess up.

This is soooo interesting. How the FBI gets their men and women…
Many charts and easy to read. I’ve just posted a bit to get you interested. Will Brian Christopher Laundrie land on this list some day? I think not.

Another interesting way of viewing the “Top Ten” list is by looking at where the fugitives were found. Did the fugitives attempt to use local knowledge and support structures to evade arrest, or did they try to establish a new life and a new identity far from the scene of the crime? Figure 3.1 shows where the fugitives were located in comparison to where the crime was committed.

While many “Top Tenners” apparently chose to stay close (one- in-six fugitives never left the city), two-thirds were eventually apprehended far from the location of their crime. In fact, more than 40 percent of “Top Ten” fugitives over the past 20 years have been apprehended outside of the United States.

Figure 3.2 reveals the destinations of choice for fugitives that have opted to flee the country in a failed attempt to avoid the FBI’s grasp. The vast majority fled south, mostly to Mexico, but several went further south to South America.
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/ten_most_wanted_60th_anniversary.pdf

His passion is creating art. As a creative myself, it's hard to imagine not being able to do it for an extended length of time. I'd think at some point, if not already, he would be holing up somewhere where he could be lost in his art.

He may have been on the move for a short time but I believe it was simply moving to a designated place.

I never believed he was in the reserve. I believe he is sheltering someplace where he can immerse himself in his art. And I doubt he ever leaves the place he is hiding.

Yes - Even if his art were to become whittling.
I can imagine a scenario where Maslows Hierarchy of needs are completely met, but for a period of time only.

His art could fulfill love and belonging.
His faulty view of freedom, feeling he is disconnected from government and society can meet esteem.
Self actualization could be him showing himself he can do all this on his own. He doesn’t need anyone else.

In my opinion however, it will start to become circular in his thinking after a few months, maybe even a year. He will never truly be safe even if all his physiological needs are met. He will always be looking over his shoulder, so over periods of time his comfort and sustainment will be met with internal resistance. What we don’t know, is how strong is Brian and what is his willpower? What are his true weaknesses?

The warrant states he took in excess of $1000.
How much in excess, exactly?
Is money 'missing' from his family home too? Rhetorical question.

Actually the indictment says $1000 or more, not more than $1000. (But it could have been lots more-- we don't know.)
Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case

I've wondered what was bought too. It's possible he had a tire go bad and had to buy two (like you do with certain kinds of drive mechanisms.) Two tires, mounting, & balancing could burn up lots of money fast if the person can't shop around. But it's the kind of car expense/repair that wouldn't eat up much time.

I guess he could have bought prepaid cards along the way but I kind of doubt it.

JMO

Good Morning WS Buds!
Despite the expenditure of about $1.5M for a snipe hunt, we're back to square one. Frankly, I'm astonished that LE actually believed the POI's (now fugitive's) side of the family. But, that's a moot point at this juncture.
So, where was BL handed off to a third party for escape? At the house? Noooo. At Walmart? Noooo. At Piggly Wiggly? Noooo. If you're here one moment and gone a minute later, you have to have disappeared between second 1 and second 60. BL is seen before the Smoresfest at Fort Desoto, but not after. LE who claims to have had eyes on Brian the entire time, somehow lost their eyeballs and saw nothing.

Nobody skedaddles home to mom from a murder unless they call ahead, spill their guts and receive an invitation to return. Dad gets on the horn and assures BL there's gonna be a plan, just get back without being arrested, and for God's sake destroy her phone AND yours. Homecoming was to be a time for creating an alibi, cleaning out evidence from the van, making arrangements for transfer of Brian to a third party, and finally the transfer itself. Original plans for a slot at Fort DeSoto were scrapped (maybe, we shouldn't book 2 spots?) for the revised plan (we better let third party book his own space) a weekend later. During the Smoresfest at F. Desoto every effort is made to capture (on camera) carefree BL hamming it up with the grandkids (does this guy look like he just killed a girl?), climbing trees and making undershirts into turbans.

Example (MOOing): Remember Shawshank Redemption? Who actually looks at a man's shoes? On a busy summer weekend at a bustling campground, who actually counts whose heads? Is he from camp 10 or camp 5? Oh, he decided to go home with the guy from camp 6, so its just the 2 of us. Oh cool. See ya. My question is, who is the guy in camp 6? And why is BL disappeared after the F. Desoto Smoresfest? Here before. Not here after. Third party handoff of the hottest potato east of the Grand Tetons.

On to macguffins. The handoff being done, its time to send LE in whatever is the opposite direction of the fugitive. The Atlantic Ocean? Noooo. The Gulf of Mexico? Noooo. How about the closest, biggest, hellhole of a swamp? A place so formidable and dangerous that its a crime to send anyone into it. That's it! We'll send LE there! I suspect the fugitive, being all kinds of web savvy, was ensconced in his safe house by then and amusedly watching the whole show on a big screen, bare feet up on the coffee table. Pretty slick. But he and his lifestyle must be maintained, and it must be maintained surrounded by an enormous bounty and an umbilical funneling money from I wonder where. That's a drag on anyone's income and a sure way to dwindle one's retirement nest egg to nothing. Then what?
MOOing.

Well I am sorry I feel this way. People are innocent until proven guilty. Which doesn’t mean to say I don’t have personal thoughts? I personally think Brian Laundries last known where about by any of his family were during the 6th 7th and may be 8th of September.

My humble opinion is that the 6th was spent with his sister nephew/niece and parents was probably a Goodbye.

My hope is he will be found and be able to answer some important questions.

My gut instinct says to me he is probably dead with or without help.

I hope I am wrong for all concerned.

Last edited:
“We don’t track residents.” — @NorthPortPolice to me 9/17, the night #BrianLaundrie was confirmed missing.

We were doing “everything within the law that we could” to monitor him — NPPD last night, 3 weeks later.

What does everyone think?

Latest: https://bit.ly/3uVtAuA #HeyJB

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1446809929545879554

According to the 911 records released to Fox News, There were FOUR interaction on the 17? Not until almost 7pm does the phrase “missing person” appear on the last report. Exactly how did LE “confirm” he was missing? Because CL confirms now he forgot about the “4-5” hrs he went searching for BL on Monday and changed his own return of the Mustang to his driveway from Thursday to Wednesday.

It would be really interesting to know how LE confirmed BL was a “missing person” in a few hours, with untruthful information, especially considering NS was unable to get the same LE to list GP listed as a missing person-despite the fact that her van and travel mate had returned to that same driveway without her. NS had to convince a LEO in NY before FL LE took her seriously.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen | Fox News

IMO, BL is all about his needs, and his needs only. I have brought up the likening of BL as a Juvenile fledgling having difficulties with making it on his own. I watch Eagle Nests on live cams periodically for entertainment and knowledge. The juvenile Eagle who cannot quite make it completely out of the nest has a distinct cry, or screech. It wants food now! It doesn't want to be left alone for long, because that means there's no food!
If ever they do leave the nest, it is not for long, and not very far...because it doesn't want to work at all for him/her self to obtain food. So they return to the nest, and screech ! It just wants it now ! How juvenile!!

We have been informed from the Moab incident of BL's 'Juvenile' behavior. Something didn't go his way...and he screeched. Again, as later reported, an incident at the restaurant...something didn't go his way....and he screeched.

It is comfort and laziness IMO, that keeps BL returning to the nest. Not necessarily a food issue, but failure to fledge nonetheless.

He will be found, if he's alive...by his own screech. He will continue to try and fail to make it on his own.

Patience Grasshopper!

IMO, LE & FBI, just following the leads they have. Which is not much it seems. I don't thing BL will be found in the woods. He is most likely indoors, hold up with supplies. Where that is who knows, but unless connected somehow to BL or family, it may prove much more difficult to figure out, until he slips up. As for the parents providing any real assistance, I won't hold my breath. There has been so much discussion about the legality of what they have done or not done. Everyone in this country has a 5th amendment right to keep their mouth shut. Anything else about who knew what when will always be any ones guess.

IMO, BL is all about his needs, and his needs only. I have brought up the likening of BL as a Juvenile fledgling having difficulties with making it on his own. I watch Eagle Nests on live cams periodically for entertainment and knowledge. The juvenile Eagle who cannot quite make it completely out of the nest has a distinct cry, or screech. It wants food now! It doesn't want to be left alone for long, because that means there's no food!
If ever they do leave the nest, it is not for long, and not very far...because it doesn't want to work at all for him/her self to obtain food. So they return to the nest, and screech ! It just wants it now ! How juvenile!!

We have been informed from the Moab incident of BL's 'Juvenile' behavior. Something didn't go his way...and he screeched. Again, as later reported, an incident at the restaurant...something didn't go his way....and he screeched.

It is comfort and laziness IMO, that keeps BL returning to the nest. Not necessarily a food issue, but failure to fledge nonetheless.

He will be found, if he's alive...by his own screech. He will continue to try and fail to make it on his own.

Patience Grasshopper!
Can I give this a million likes? :)
I LOVE THIS!!!!

Patience Grasshopper!

Do you think it's because his parents babied him? or the opposite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18