Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think posters have probably followed way more murder invest0igations than I have...just a hunch :D But I was wondering whether her body was buried or not. I've previously saw an aerial video in the msm that showed what I thought was the body a short distance from the canopy. This video reminded me that I thought they always put the canopy over the exact location where the body is found. Is that true? Because both videos (the one I saw previously, and the one at the link above) show that there was nothing but ground under the canopy when it was initially erected.
And the photo of the spot where her step-dad placed the cross stating that he was told the location of her "torso" showed undisturbed soil underneath it. jmo

Ita.
Victims do not hurt other people by refusing to answer their anguished loved ones about the missing person's whereabouts.
They don't steal, either; whether it be Gabby's van or her credit cards which BL was not allowed to take.

The lawyering up is understandable, I'd advise the same; but then why run and hide ?

Even if he outright lied, BL has made this so much worse than it needed to be.
He could've said they fought, he shoved her, and she fell hit her head and died.
Except :
The fact that Gabby's death was declared a homicide makes me think she didn't just fall from a push and die from a concussion from hitting the rocks by the river.
There must have been significant damage pointing to use of force.
Imo.

When my daughter died 18 years ago the police told me there would be homicide charges, which I thought meant murder. But it was a drunk driver, so they called it homicide.

About 5.1 miles from the Myakkahatchee lot to Hwy 72. An easy straight hike through that could be done in under 2 hours if moving fast. Hitchhike from the road, have assistance pick him up, or even pick up a vehicle left there for him. I'm very curious also about SB mentioning in this article, https://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-missing-1.50382998, that ChL was out searching the night of the 13th and how it could excuse ChL's truck being in or around the reserve later on Sept 13.

BBM
Thanks for highlighting this -- I think you make an excellent point. Was SB the first one to say that the Ls last saw their son on Sept 13, or did LE say that?

Either way, I think the Ls knew that something would come out, such as video from nearby doorbell cameras, showing that BL left earlier than they thought. If ChL helped BL leave, the same evidence might show him leaving at the same time. So the story that ChL searched for BL that night does two things for the L family:
  • Presents the public image of a concerned parent searching for their missing son, rather than a parent helping their guilty son flee possible prosecution
  • Explains why ChL was gone from the family home, possibly in the direction of the reserve, on the same night that they said they last saw BL.
All of this makes me think that ChL probably did help BL disappear and makes me hope LE can track where he went that night.

JMO

Last edited:
Huh? Ok, true, the amount could be EXACTLY $1000.00, or it could be more than $1000. Odds are it's not exactly $1000.00.

I'm not trying to start beef. I'm just not seeing what your point is. Am I missing something? Peace.

JMO

Only that often people have been pretty strict on posting exact precise details on many aspects of the case-- and I agree it's best to be exact when we can. In many instances we've seen words that are "close enough" to a reporter's ear cause all kinds of confusion. But at least in the case of the published indictment, we can know exactly what it says.
JMO

Interesting

Interesting, what makes you stop at GA?
Because Atlanta is a good place to hide, further north will soon be colder, and BL may want to stay closer to Florida in hopes he can contact his parents somehow. If he was really an independent person he wouldn't come back east to Florida in the first place. But maybe he could be anywhere east of the Mississippi River. He's probably not in California or Alaska. JMOO

Hopefully everyone checked around vacant homes in the neighborhoods before snowbirds go from north to south for winter and get shocked that someone squatted there. I can see BL breaking in and making himself at home. MOO BL will never give himself up. He has grandiose ideas of himself, I believe he is a liar also when it comes to his hiking abilities. His family doesn’t look like regular hikers with fitness muscles etc. just weekend walkers through trails already made. JMOO

I agree with you and believe this is the most likely scenario. LE should be looking at houses and condos associated with his family that he may have helped work on as well as any snowbird houses and condos in those neighborhoods or complexes nearby.

Thank you for the welcome and appreciation. I try to keep a separate heart and mind in these things. My heart follows many thoughts expressed here and other places throughout, ultimately however I see a beautiful GP a tad older than my oldest son that had a zest and smile brightening this world full of laughter and positivity. Would have made the right person for her a wonderful life partner. Whomever removed this candle of brightness upon this crazy dark world deserves their worst fears. My heart breaks for all impacted by this. I can't imagine being either parent right now.
Since you've got a child about their age, can you say if you'd consider it common for kids to live with their parents at that age in their position? Do you know if it's the case with friends of your child's? I'm wondering how that works these days. My parents rule always required college but that was many years ago. Maybe they pay a small rent?

Wondering about BL's logistics.

1. He's got to be getting basics somehow. Pretty sure he's getting help. But that gets old for an unpaid helper. Could it be that a creative attorney (who at the moment believes in his client's innocence, of course) can procure such help or helpers?

2. Like other fugitives, BL's not going to be willing to hide in a shed for too long. He's a young man with a need to move. A car would be too risky. A bike has limitations. An e-bike is much faster and needs no driver's license or auto insurance in many places.
BL is not the type of client that needs a criminal attorney. He needs a CRIMINAL attorney.

And he MIGHT have one....

JMO

When my daughter died 18 years ago the police told me there would be homicide charges, which I thought meant murder. But it was a drunk driver, so they called it homicide.
So sorry to hear about your daughter, elleni ! :(

There's also vehicular manslaughter -- like my neighbor's first husband's death was declared , again I don't think that's what happened in Gabby's case.
I could be wrong; but the cod hasn't been released so we don't know if she was run over by the van.

Gabby's body was found placed and possibly covered with debris or branches ?
Not accidental.

If BL would do the right thing and turn himself in and answer questions, it would go a long way towards helping the mess he has made for himself.
Or not ?
Even with the theft charges -- he hasn't been charged with murder.

In Gabby's case, I don't think it was an accident.
The actions of running back home and then hiding --with or without assistance -- sounds like the actions of a person who knows Gabby's death was not an accident such as a fall or something else.
MOO.

Last edited:
Why would BL hang around for 2 days after the van was towed? I suspect that he took off the late night of the 11th or more likely, was dropped off somewhere, and the whole reserve scheme was developed later. jmo

Because Atlanta is a good place to hide, further north will soon be colder, and BL may want to stay closer to Florida in hopes he can contact his parents somehow. If he was really an independent person he wouldn't come back east to Florida in the first place. But maybe he could be anywhere east of the Mississippi River. He's probably not in California or Alaska. JMOO
I was just curious. I always thought GA would be a good place too. It's warm enough and common enough to walk around in hat & sunglasses, not-FL enough to wear a mask, and easier to survive than the swamp. Everyone seems to skip over GA in their theories though.

I could see it being wings, I could also see it being a person running, even in HD. Maybe my monitor isn't as clear as yours.
I think you can really see the flapping when it first appears on the screen, and before the camera zooms out too much.

JMO

So sorry to hear about your daughter, elleni ! :(

There's also vehicular manslaughter -- like my neighbor's first husband's death was declared , again I don't think that's what happened in Gabby's case.
I could be wrong.

If BL would do the right thing and turn himself in and answer questions, it would go a long way towards helping the mess he has made for himself.
Or not ?
Even with the theft charges -- he hasn't been charged with murder.

In Gabby's case, I don't think it was an accident.
The actions of running back home and then hiding --with or without assistance -- sounds like the actions of a person who knows Gabby's death was not an accident such as a fall or something else.
MOO.

Thank you, Liet Kynes.

Just catching up after a while and this post had sirens blaring on it for me! ?

Is it a genuine exchange or frustrated snark brought about by where this case seems to heading right now (becoming cold) ?
I stole it from a seinfeld episode where jerry had a reservation for a rental car, but the rental car place "ran out of cars."

I've always heard Alaska is a good place to run and hide forever. Wonder if perhaps with his background, well....it would fit perfectly if he's ok with being a loner.
He can fly to Alaska no problem but if doing a land crossing he would have to go through Canada. Lots of Covid measures required to cross the border. Not sure he could drive to Alaska right now.

Not saying it’s not doable but your ID, test results and vaccination info all needs to line up.

I do recall hearing a supposed reported siting somewhere of him being in Newnan, Georgia. Not sure where he'd hide cause pretty sure most would love that $$ Reward $$.
bbm
For sure !
Maybe that will break this case ?

And finally justice for a life cruelly extinguished far too soon ?

Even if there was an accident and BL panicked, I think it was cruel to leave her in the elements and not call 911.
To further compound the thoughtlessness, to leave Gabby's parents in the dark and not answer their phone calls/texts.
She lived with BL's parents and himself for about two years.
One would have thought she was like a daughter to them as well ?
Imo.

I just want to throw my two cents into the mix regarding “places to go” for BL.

Now, I’m not too privy of BL’s interest in permaculture, but there is a forum I’m a part of called “permies” and there’s also a community of folks involved with this as well. I am not able to go into details because it will take too much time and I have a baby demanding my undivided attention so I’ll leave it up to another sleuther to check into but I do think communities like this should be considered ;)

Does anyone have any info or opinion on off grid living? I see people posting online looking for people to join their communities or looking for a partner. Some are extreme and want to completely distance themselves from society. Could Brian join one of those people who have the means and skills to live off grid and are unaware that he is wanted?

Why would BL hang around for 2 days after the van was towed? I suspect that he took off the late night of the 11th or more likely, was dropped off somewhere, and the whole reserve scheme was developed later. jmo
I wonder this too if it he did leave even sooner… the only thing I can think of is it took part of Sun for planning & supplies. Another thing I wonder is if they knew they were being watched, did they have to wait till a certain moment of opportunity for him to leave…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome