Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her "menial tantrums" caused him to cross the double yellow and then bang into the curb. Wouldn't turning on the charm require a minute or two to get his anger under control? I guess that can all be explained away by just saying he's not normal.

Saying that Gabby is the automatic victim doesn't mean we should put our brains on autopilot.

I don't think her "tantrums' menial or otherwise were responsible for Brian driving at, I think, 45mph in a 15mph zone and not stopping for the police for quite some time.

Possibly, her 'menial tantrums' were because they were speeding away from the police and she didn't want to experience a forced police stop or the risk of being shot.

and yet members continue to do that here IMO. I don't get it. Gabby is missing. BL is home with mommy and daddy. sigh.

I don't think there is a single person in all of these pages that has blamed GP for being missing.

A few people have suggested hypothetical scenarios involving her disappearing on her own for various reasons. But, I don't think any of those people have suggested these are the most likely.

We do have a vocal contingent that are chasing this "abuse" diagnosis and others that are skeptical of this evaluation and/or more focused on the details leading to finding GP.

I think there are some that are confusing anyone not agreeing with BL =100% confirmed ABUSER as somehow blaming GP for her own disappearance or something like that...

How Gabby came to be determined the "primary aggressor" is beyond me. If the following transcript, with direct quotes, is accurate, by BL's own admission, she was just trying to get the keys to HER van when he pushed her.

Police looking into murder of worker of co-op where Petito and Laundrie had fight | Daily Mail Online

The officer asks about the scratches on his face, with Laundrie explaining that there was an altercation involving her cellphone and their keys.

'She had her cellphone in her hand, that's why I was pushing her away,' he says.

'Coz I had the keys... I said let's take a breather and let's not go anywhere. Let's calm down a minute.'

He adds: 'And she had her phone, and was trying to get the keys from me.

'I know I shouldn't have pushed her but I was just trying to push her away to say take a minute step back and breathe. And she hit me with her phone.'

:rolleyes:
I agree and think most of the actual disagreement was"before" everyone noticed him yelling that caught attention and then called 911.

We’ll that’s the “public image” he was showing. Now pure speculation here. But it is not uncommon….for abusers to be charming and sweet to others while behind the scenes…behaving like a monster. OJ Simpson allegedly came home(after the split with Nicole) and walked in on her getting picked up by a guy for a date. He asked to talk to her privately in the kitchen. He slapped and cussed out Nicole Brown….saying she couldn’t date anyone etc. Then came right back out of the kitchen smiling and walked up to the guy waiting….shook his hand….apologized for making him wait and saying he hoped they had a wonderful night together and left. All of this witnessed/overheard by the guy on the date and later documented in a book about the case.

So hypothetically….it wouldn’t surprise me at all if GP and BL relationship was abusive and he learned similar to put on that charming mask.

Your last line gave me pause...and a thought. I wonder where he learned this from? It made me curious about his home life and if he learned that someone at home controlled the bigger narrative. So when things went really awry, he didn't know how to act, panicked and turned to them (aka ran home)for his next move. From there it was dictated in how things would go. All just theory based on curiosity.
I know myself from living in a home where there was abuse, you hid everything out of shame and embarrassment. Your choice would be to repeat the cycle or do all you can to be the opposite. Also reminds me of the sister and her similarities to the Powell case.
Lets hope today is the day for progress for Gabby

Going back to the timeline, didn't Gabby's mom say something about the phone call on Aug 25th? I remember reading somewhere that her mother stated Gabby sounded "odd" in that phone call or "not herself". Does anyone else remember that? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

That statement stuck out to me too! Very telling!
It's possible the fights were escalating and there was something BL didn't want LE to know ?

I am sorry that Gabby's dream trip had turned into a possible nightmare of constant strife. :(
And since she is the one missing, I'd grant her more leeway.
Yes it takes two to tango.
But she is gone and no answers seem to be forthcoming.

My thoughts go out to her loved ones today and all of the days, weeks, months (& I hope not) years -- that might follow with no answers and no Gabby.

I don't think BL is going to help with what he knows.

And yes it makes him look suspicious.
If BL was a platonic female friend or bestie instead, I'd think the same !

This could be a long wait.
Again I hope I'm wrong !
Imo.

she admitted hitting him, he said she hit him and so did the witness, what signs of being abused? no marks on her at all but marks on him, imo you cant read emotional abuse into this you could equally say the same about him
What do you mean, "no marks on her at all"? According to one of the officers, she had marks on her face, from him grabbing her face.

Even if he did not directly harm her - they mutually parted ways, or if there was an unfortunate accident - the problem remains that the last texts from her phone to her mom were asserted (by her mom) to not have been her- which means that someone else sent them who had access to her phone. By not just running, but also deliberately misleading to buy time, BL presumably took action that deviates from a simply running scared narrative. His actions then, and up to this point, strongly suggest great culpability. Why does one run, because one is afraid. Why does one obfuscate and run, because one is afraid of consequence. JMO Obviously.

Bodycam revealed a lot about him and she looked extremely vulnerable and distraught. The distance between two points is that he should have been closer to her in response to the event unfolding around them. After seeing it, I was more convinced of her being the/a victim than before, if that is even measurable given circumstances. His demeanor is textbook narcissist, garden variety or otherwise. MOO

While I think this isn't a bad idea, I mean add on more pressure, why not? But who really thinks he is still there? From what the media is showing there has been no movement at their home in what a day or 2. My guess is that they left, he is somewhere, the LE knows of course, but then the protest to his house really doesn't have the same pressure. IMO. I wish we knew that yes he was there.
I guess no one has to go to work ??? of course we may not sleuth anyone but BL - maybe he is at a relative's house ? where's the dailymail with their photographers??

im not sure if anyone cares but i live with someone with OCD and when they are struggling they can tend to do 2 different things, become depressed or lash out

when i saw all the uncontrollable tears it instantly looked like the person i live with when they are having a tough day and have lost control or whatever situation they think they have lost control off and is firing their OCD

just my opinion

It's a terrible disorder and, unfortunately, very misunderstood, as I'm sure you know from first hand experience. It can be just as difficult for family members and friends. My wife has dealt with my OCD for 25 years - even though I'm medicated and treated, her first response when we are led to a table in a restaurant is to look at me and ask "is this one OK?" (Mine would manifest as a sensitivity to audio stimuli, so I would always be having us move tables, depending on the voices at other tables.) It's like friends and family are constantly walking on egg shells until it becomes second nature.

It stuck, out to me (as a sufferer), when BL started talking about the specific things that were upsetting GP's OCD. The first thing you learn about treating this disorder is that the specifics (dirt, clutter, 'did I leave the stove on?', etc.) are totally irrelevant. Giving any significance to the specific triggers is just pouring gas on the fire.

We’ll that’s the “public image” he was showing. Now pure speculation here. But it is not uncommon….for abusers to be charming and sweet to others while behind the scenes…behaving like a monster. OJ Simpson allegedly came home(after the split with Nicole) and walked in on her getting picked up by a guy for a date. He asked to talk to her privately in the kitchen. He slapped and cussed out Nicole Brown….saying she couldn’t date anyone etc. Then came right back out of the kitchen smiling and walked up to the guy waiting….shook his hand….apologized for making him wait and said he hoped they had a wonderful night together and left. All of this witnessed/overheard by the guy on the date and later documented in a book about the case.

So hypothetically….it wouldn’t surprise me at all if GP and BL relationship was abusive and he learned similarly to put on that charming mask.

Sure abusers can be charming, but I'm pretty sure they have adrenaline just like everybody else and a "fight" reaction. It takes some amount of time to get that under control. I didn't see any anger or fight when he came out of that van, but he was agitated and rather incoherent. Not charming.

"Witnesses claim they saw Gabby Petito’s van on 25 August
Shannon Baker and her husband told KSLTV’s Garna Mejia that they saw Gabby Petito’s van near Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park.

“I’m sure of it,” Ms Baker said. “It had the black ladder on the back and the two black rooftops on top, the two bars, and we made the comment that would be the perfect little camper van to go around in.”

Ms Petito’s family said the couple’s description was accurate to the van and believe that the Bakers did see their daughter’s vehicle.

The Bakers said they saw the van in a parking lot near Jenny Lake on 25 August. They did not see Ms Petito or her fiancé, Brian Laundrie"

I am really praying they are searching this area with a fine tooth comb. Especially if it's the last credible sighting they have.. Prayerfully, there were more sightings that get relayed to the investigators.

Most of the time it is the narcissistic that try to prove themselves on the world stage. Some enjoying the lime light others trying to falsely prove innocence. I. Not reading this on this guy. It just seems he is freaking out about it like all are. I would problby do the same
edit...hold the press.. where is the source for lawering up before missing report?

Narcissism doesn't always =/= grandiose narcissism which is what you describe (enjoying the lime light). Narcissism has multiple forms that all manifest in different ways and have different behavioral patterns.

A person who is a covert or vulnerable narcissist often plays the scared victim.
They have marked deep insecurities and fears. They often come across as extremely docile.

(Note: I'm not saying BL is a narcissist because IMO it's absurd to try and diagnose someone based on this little information - just clarifying that narcissism isn't always the preconceived image of grandiose)

Forgive me if I'm being pedantic, but who is the "they" referenced here? she's alone at the time, right? I suppose "they" could be everyone in the hotel or whatever...

AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
Yes, I took it to mean the area was without power. I do think she may have told her parents that BL returned to Florida and that's where the dates came from (the uncles handwritten timeline in the dailymail)

jmo

Could you please read the official police report. This is turning into a game of telephone. everyone time it is told, something different happen. Please read the whole thing. You will notice that the report says the complete opposite of what you posted.

READ IT: Police report from disturbance involving Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie
I posted a MSM source with no editing. There are discrepancies between the police cam video and the written report. And there is apparently more than one witness. And there were marks on her face, and she detailed the pain of his grabbing her face. The police report is not the last word if it contradicts or conveniently leaves out some of what the video shows and people actually say.

The video of the step dad saying he believes in his heart that he'll never hold Gabby alive in his arms again is tear jerking. The boyfriend needs to man up and tell police what happened when he last saw her, whether he hurt her or left her for dead. Be a man and right a wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slafrance74