Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See my discussion with @NuttMegg at post #360 for a detailed explanation.

The TLDR is that LE doesn't know whether GP allowed JL to drive the vehicle home, nor can they determine whether JL wanted to permanently dispossess her of the vehicle.
Right. And wasn't it reported that GP's license and registration on the Van was listed as BL's family home address also?

Agreed it looks bad.
EDIT: Lost my quote in response to not communicating thru attorneys in concern.

Last edited:
In viewing the Police Cam, they both seem to have some mental distress.

Brian was very upset he couldn't get the dirt and sand off his feet-Anxious

Gaby admits she has bad OCD-Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Brian not putting things in their proper place was upsetting her.

Now put them in a small van, 24/7, each having their own seemingly excessive phobias and I am amazed they lasted this long.
Perhaps they were on meds for their issues and somewhere during the trip stopped taking them or even missed doses.
This is a recipe for disaster in normal everyday life.

Coming off these meds will cause a range of behaviors, like paranoia, severe anxiety, delusions, etc. taking their relationship to a whole new realm.
Both are spazzing out and need to get away from each other. It is becoming Toxic.

Then BOOM!
One storms off, cools off, but when they go back for the other they are not at the place they last saw them . they search but cannot find them .
Everything unravels and we know where Brian is now, but have no idea what happened to Gaby in that time.
In this state of mind, there is no rhyme or reason, just panic! "The mind is a dangerous thing"

That can create another aspect to a relationship......especially paranoia

Another headscratcher from the bodycam footage;

Gabby tells the officer they were having a "rough morning" and that they have been "fighting all morning."
Brian tells the officer "We had a really nice morning."
Still, Brian eludes to the fact they were planning to still do a hike/Arches before sundown. This is eluded to twice.

JMO but could have been the real reason for the fight....they weren't doing what he wanted to do.... he wanted to be hiking
Thanks to a tipster who gave a concrete description of #GabbyPetito's van, authorities have narrowed down their search efforts to the Jenny Lake area in Grand Teton National Park.@MorganWolfeKSL has details this morning on@KSL5TV

https://twitter.com/KSL5TV/status/1438836808838569986

I just looked at Jenny Lake and Teton Park rd on google says it is closed in November thru March. Dang hope they find her soon.

I have this:
AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)

Was the missed birthday Aug 29? Also, on that snapchat - I've wondered if it was a picture of gabby or just a message via SnapChat - that could also provide information about her last known whereabouts- Snapchat has location if it was turned on.
This: Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

"According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

She never heard from her again."

Not sure if we want to add it to the official timeline.

If I'd been hit in the face with a cell phone, had my arm punched while I was driving and the steering wheel grabbed causing me to hit the curb, I'm coming out of that van in a towering rage cussing a blue streak and there would be no question where I'd be spending the night.
But he didn't. He was...forbearing. He wasn't angry. She just didn't like the flies and the sand and the dirt and he had moved the food. Everybody knows food is supposed to stay put.
I can't imagine my daughter hitting and scratching someone, but if she did, I pray she would be treated the way he treated her right then. I don't know what happened after that.

Abusers don't show their abuse to everyone. In fact, to others it's often a carefully crafted image put on so people get the exact perception that you have gotten of BL. You have to look below the surface and often what they are focused on gives you immediate clues.

The fact that he DIDN'T come out of the van cussing a streak is because what he said happened (If I'd been hit in the face with a cell phone, had my arm punched while I was driving and the steering wheel grabbed causing me to hit the curb,) - Didn't happen.
Your reaction is a MUCH more normal reaction had that been what happened.

BL calmly focusing on her not liking the flies or sand and dirt is absurd. It's not a proportionate reaction to what he is reporting that she did to him. It immediately places him in the victims spot and her in the "unreasonable" role. It's careful crafting of a narrative that makes them come out looking like the good guy and her the crazy one.

Right. And wasn't it reported that GP's license and registration on the Van was listed as BL's family home address also?

I'm not sure about that; I get the legal gist of cases and comment, as that is what I am best at. I try not to get too bogged down in the deep minutiae of these cases. It's too trying on my sanity. It is good enough for me that those two elements weren't met in the case of larceny, thus no larceny! :D

And - seemingly - without Laundrie's information, that is being choked. So, again, why wouldn't the Petito's want to have anything and everything possible done to remove the barricade?

I'm thinking 2 reasons - they still desperately want her to be alive, but know in their hearts
that's not very probable.

Phew this thread moves FAST!

It may have been mentioned but there are definitely discrepancies between the police report and the actual body cam footage.

BL says GP was punching him in the arm while he was driving. GP denies that and I believe her. I believe he was "piling on" once he realized HE wasn't the one in trouble. His demeanor, in my opinion, is extremely odd given the circumstances of the day. He's smiling (oddly) and at several points laughing and trying to be "chums" with the officers. It's beyond being polite or nervous. GP also is not "hysterical" the entire time. She seems pretty composed particularly under the circumstances. This looks like gaslighting to me.

It's very odd to me that GP did not call her parents. Even if she didn't want to tell them she was upset or what happened. They seem like a close family. She would want to hear a familiar and loving voice amidst the chaos of what she was living.

Also, it is 100% possible for a larger person to restrain a smaller person and for the smaller person to lash out and leave marks on the larger person restraining them. The smaller person would have no marks. Not saying BL had restrained GP but he certainly was trying to prevent her from entering the van which is not OK. She was frantic trying to get in. He portrays this to LE that he was trying to deescalate the situation by "walking away" but he DIDN'T walk away. He was going to DRIVE away and leave GP with no transportation or even any of her belongings. I do not see this as him being the better or more level headed person. I see this as him actually ESCALATING the situation and hurting GP as much as possible by deserting her. It is also extremely controlling.

Lastly, GP clearly indicated that BL DID put his hands on her. He grabbed her face and held her head.

Volatile relationship for sure. BL, in my opinion, is not level headed or the nice, friendly, jovial fellow he attempts to portray with LE. He has ZERO remorse for any of his actions. He says "sorry" about speeding. And for what it's worth the speeding and hitting the curb was the reason for the pull over, right? Yet, none of that was addressed or cited by LE.

I believe the scenario wasn't that he was going to drive away and leave her. He didn't turn on the motor. He got into the van to get away from her, behind locked doors, because she wasn't letting him walk away. She panicked, thinking he was leaving her because of her serious anxiety issues, and forced open the driver's door and crawled over him to the passenger seat. These are all things that were either witnessed or reported by Gabby.

These are the reported actions. I don't know what was going on in his mind. Was he really calmly trying to distance himself from someone he loved who was emotionally out-of-control (and she WAS out-of-control)? Was he playing with her, perhaps getting some satisfaction by provoking her behavior?

Even if he did not directly harm her - they mutually parted ways, or if there was an unfortunate accident - the problem remains that the last texts from her phone to her mom were asserted (by her mom) to not have been her- which means that someone else sent them who had access to her phone. By not just running, but also deliberately misleading to buy time, BL presumably took action that deviates from a simply running scared narrative. His actions then, and up to this point, strongly suggest great culpability. Why does one run, because one is afraid. Why does one obfuscate and run, because one is afraid of consequence. JMO Obviously.

Bodycam revealed a lot about him and she looked extremely vulnerable and distraught. The distance between two points is that he should have been closer to her in response to the event unfolding around them. After seeing it, I was more convinced of her being the/a victim than before, if that is even measurable given circumstances. His demeanor is textbook narcissist, garden variety or otherwise. MOO
In a situation such as that, the officers are going to keep them apart and not allow them near each other. They want to talk to each person separately to try and determine what happened and who was the aggressor and who wasn't.

RSBM
Perhaps they were on meds for their issues and somewhere during the trip stopped taking them or even missed doses.
This is a recipe for disaster in normal everyday life.

Coming off these meds will cause a range of behaviors, like paranoia severe anxiety, delusions, etc. taking their relationship to a whole new realm.

When the couple interacted with law enforcement on August 13, BL told the officer that neither of them took medication for their conditions.

Gabby Petito mystery deepens after Utah police release bodycam footage

Last edited:
There is likely a ton of evidence that LE are gathering/have gathered and has not been made available to the media or internet crime sites.

We have a tendency to speculate this on almost every case. We did the same with "Abby and Libby's" thread. Years later, the police haven't indicated they are one step closer. I honestly hope you are right and that he or his family divulge her last location too.

i just dont see how it would have made one difference, and the cop said at one point, ill let you get back to talking to your mother, i dont see a reason for her to lie about who she was on the phone with at the time.either way we can tell by watching the video that she didnt wanna be seperated from him even for the night so the next day they would have continued on just like they did IMO

The female officer with Gabby told the other officer she was on the phone with her parents!

JMO but could have been the real reason for the fight....they weren't doing what he wanted to do.... he wanted to be hiking

I just looked at Jenny Lake and Teton Park rd on google says it is closed in November thru March. Dang hope they find her soon.
Cold front comes in Sunday night, snow levels down to 7,000 ft with possible flakes reaching base area.

the only thing that has me wondering if Sept 1 was the date ... if BL added the spotify playlist on the 31st as been said.... maybe he was home to do that instead of driving back to North Port. I know this could be just hours difference but it could change the times period of her missing.
He could have been anywhere in that van. If he was afraid to show up at home, he could have parked in a lot grocery store down the street from his parents for a day before going to the house. We won’t know until that info is released when LE puts that together and that will take some time. JMO

It's taken me forever to catch up with these very fast threads!

I definitely think he did something to Gabby and he will always keep quiet about it as he obviously hopes he can get away with it. If they never find her then he maybe he will.

How incredibly infuriating for her loved ones. I'd be losing my mind.

Gabby Petito disappearance: Brian Laundrie home in Florida will be site of another protest Friday

Concerned parents in North Port, Fla., are set Friday to protest outside of the home of Brian Laundrie – the person of interest in Gabby Petito’s disappearance – urging him to speak out and cooperate with investigators.

The demonstration planned for 5 p.m. local time .

The new Anthony's... good I sure hope they give it up and speak. I believe they have been protecting BL for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member