Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosemite text was sent aug 30. Stan text was sent on 27th. Her mom believes neither were sent by her, but from her phone. She is not supposed to talk about either text. I really am curious as to what time on the 27th the stan text was sent....I suspect it was shortly after the murder. as far as I know, no one was seen in or near the van on the 28th and 29th. I think Brian left the night of the 29th after he arrived back at the van from hitchhiking back to Spread Creek. Reportedly, he purchased gas in Jackson WY around 11pm the 29th. By the 30th he was well on his way East and sent the Yosemite text at some time on the 30th. jmo
I have thought about this Stan text so much. Not sleuthing and not knowing where Stan lives, and not knowing what time zone he is in... does make it a little bit harder to figure out when it was sent. But I'm dying to know!

If Gabby only had her"

Gosh, on the link I shared earlier, it appears that the learner's license is the only one printed vertically.
If, in fact, all she had was her learner's permit it would explain her deferring to BL's driving. As well as explaining why she felt a larger degree of dependency upon him.
But ~ are you even able to buy or lease a vehicle without a valid, full on driver's license?

Its.not.a.learners.permit!
You.don't get a Horizontal license till u turn 21 in Florida!
When it expires they would.have changed it!

Just because Gabby currently "lived" with the Laundries doesn't mean it was her legal residence on her driver's license and the van's registration.

The van had to be registered and insured in order to be licensed by the State of Florida. I believe her father added Gabby and the vehicle to HIS insurance. I also believe it likely her driver's license listed her dad's address. She may also have been on his employer health insurance. It would be cheaper than getting vehicle insurance only in her name. We did the same thing for all of our kids because it was less expensive.

BL didn't have to pay for insurance on her vehicle. The van's insurance would cover any licensed driver.

jmo

Maybe. But some states are pretty snippy about your license address matching where you physically live. In NC you have 60 days to notify the DMV of an address change. I guess that's so they know how to find you fail to show up in court for traffic violations. I don't know if FL is so strict though.
JMO

I specifically said "immediately after Gabby was found deceased." Thanks for confirming.

The point here is that they said it was a homicide, but said they didn't have a cause of death. Which is a little unusual.
You said 'there was no apparent cause of death' which is way different than it not being released.

Last edited:
What does that mean though? Are they called up when a case needs to be heard or do they hang around court full time?

They definitely don't hang about full time. (Source: a friend and a former coworker were both on grand juries in NY and NJ states, respectively). Both reported they were asked to appear one or very occasionally two days per week, and the rest of the time they were sent back to their jobs and regular lives. This fun and games lasted for a span of about 6 months. My coworker said it was hell as nobody bothered to get a temp for her, and thus she spent the whole time playing catch-up at work.

While I don't think we know exactly when GP moved to Florida, according to this article it was in Jan 2019.
Gabby Petito lived, worked in North Carolina for more than 1 year prior to moving to Florida

She would have been about to turn 20 in Jan 2019. So she would have had a vertical "under 21" license issued in FL.

I know some folks think the Moab police made errors. But I really do not think they would have let her drive off by herself if she only had a learner's permit. And I think that's especially true given she expressed concerns to the officer about driving the van.

I'm pretty sure she had a license and I'm also pretty sure you cannot lease a car with only a learner's permit. But remember she didn't lease the Nissan. Her parents said they did. It may be they bought the van too. We don't really know except that evidence from the traffic stop suggests it was registered in her name. And her father was quite emphatic that it was her car....perhaps because he bought it for her.

JMO
You are correct! Sorry I was wrong. I researched more and did discover that it's not only learner's permits that have the vertical but, in fact, anyone under 21 does as well.
I thank all for the correction.

And you have convinced yourself, along with so many others, that the Laundries didn't attempt to have their son "do the right thing". Like I said in another post, Brian is an adult and short of shooting him in the leg, if he refused to cooperate, what were your suggestions to them to make that happen? <modsnip>
GP's family were phoning the members of the Laundrie family. Their failure to return the calls is why they now face such negative public opinion. JMO

I do know they refused to let LE in the house to talk to him, per eyewitness, he was still at home on the 10th/11th. No, they cannot make him talk but they did not have to refuse LE access to him. Why not we can’t get him to talk, you have a try. They did not have to deny access for LE to do a search of the house. That is by definition not cooperating. We do know per LE they themselves refused to have any conversations pertaining to any knowledge they may have to Brian’s last whereabout’s in Utah. We do know when they reported BL missing, LE was instructed -per their attorney they were not allowed to ask any questions pertaining to the missing Gabby Petito.

They have been making everything worse for their son from Day One.

They got bad advice from everyone they talked to, apparently. <modnsip> they had every right to refuse to talk to LE and just clam up, but the flipside of that is how guilty their son appears as a result of that decision and the never ending cloud of suspicion over all of them. This "obstruction" reputation will follow them forever.

The Laundrie parents really have not been doing the best things for BL at all. Turning him in to begin with would have prevented him from the danger of living in a swamp, prevented the chance of suicide, prevented the extreme cost of all of this, prevented the destruction of their reputation, prevented potential extra charges of BL being a fugitive on the run, prevented a lot of their own pain and ongoing legal costs. They will be paying for this for years to come, personally and in real $$$.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM

The Laundries have been interviewed and questioned by the FBI.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Mr Laundrie also participated at the reserve when he was asked.

Chris Laundrie's search efforts could be positive sign, former agents say
That is a good thing, I am aware of this. I am referring to their behavior on the 11th and the immediate days following. I think the situation changed for them when Brian left and the FBI became involved. MOO.

Its.not.a.learners.permit!
You.don't get a Horizontal license till u turn 21 in Florida!
When it expires they would.have changed it!
You are so right! Sorry for the confusion I may have created. o_O

Today would be a good day for people to give themselves a time out to rest and regroup. Tomorrow is going to be a busy, action-packed day. The threads will likely move at record speed once the autopsy results come in.

MOO.
Lol! NO... I get on a plane very early tomorrow and I don't get home till very late! I want everybody to stay on tonight so I can read read read and participate!!!

I have thought about this Stan text so much. Not sleuthing and not knowing where Stan lives, and not knowing what time zone he is in... does make it a little bit harder to figure out when it was sent. But I'm dying to know!
I want to know, as well. I thought the only text NS wasn't allowed to talk about was the Yosemite. If the Stan text was sent before the Merry Piglets, how would everyone explain that?

.John Walsh alleges Brian Laundrie's parents lied to buy him more time to flee | Daily Mail Online

This might have been already discussed in earlier threads but I’ve just seen it. John Walsh is saying in this video interview (at 29/30 seconds) that the Ls left a note for their son when they went looking for him and found his car “in case he was sad and needed any help”. Where would they leave the note? Under the wiper of the car that had a notice that the vehicle was abandoned?

BBM. Not necessarily. I think he's had a lot of help, and was transported to upper state NY. Familiar stomping grounds, likely confidantes near by for ongoing support.

Amateur opinion and speculation
The Adirondacks are a very, very different area from Blue Point, Long Island. They’re over 300 miles apart; that’s like comparing Long Beach, CA to Redwoods Nat’l Forest. It would not be familiar territory unless you know of some evidence that BL and his family spent time there.
MOO.

Missy Bevers was murdered in April of 2016, there has never been an arrest for her murder and the cause of death has never been revealed. LE says it is still an active investigation................jmo
I swear i am not psychic lol! the Autopsy is coming tomorrow for GP

I don’t know much about Twitter but here’s the poem from a piece of art left at the memorial that the Petito/Schmidt family wanted.

@michael Ruiz Twitter

The poem reads:

I hope these wings, they guide you home, so with the angles you can roam, forever young, forever loved.

New adventures lie above. You touched us all in a matter of days.

Together we cried, together we prayed.

America's daughter, sister and friend, we'll fight for justice until the end.

Tissues please

Samsmom/twinmom2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members