Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modnsip> Like I said in another post, Brian is an adult and short of shooting him in the leg, if he refused to cooperate, what were your suggestions to them to make that happen? <modsnip>

They should have told their son to go turn himself into LE or get the **** out of their house.

This is what anyone in my family would have done to ANY member of my family who had committed a serious felony. They would have offered some support, but insisted that the family member wanted by LE to face up to what they had done and take responsibility. Instead they enabled him to be even more of a coward than he already was.

This isn't shoplifting or a DUI. This is murder and credit card fraud and he will not escape the FBI.

JMO

Maybe. But some states are pretty snippy about your license address matching where you physically live. In NC you have 60 days to notify the DMV of an address change. I guess that's so they know how to find you fail to show up in court for traffic violations. I don't know if FL is so strict though.
JMO
Florida requires proof of residence such as a lease, utility bill, mortgage payment in order to get a Driver's License. I doubt GP paid the Laundries' utility bills and she didn't share their last name.

What to Bring

I think it did to. Perhaps for the first time they realised that Gabby was missing (missing persons report filed late arvo/early evening on the 11th, Gabby's van impounded late at night on the 11th, JP causing some kind of ruckus on the 10th).

Perhaps for the first time, they realised their son is in VERY deep doo-doo.

We really have absolutely no clue what BL's parents have been told by their son, or what they have said to the FBI or to their lawyer. All we know is that they have kept out of the public eye as much as possible, and that they have interacted with the FBI but not with Gabby's parents.

(I say perhaps because I like to try to look at all sides of the picture.)

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby

Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home

Per the timeline on this thread the first time they had a conversation with LE was on the 17th and that was to report Brian missing. Yes we do not know what their conversations have entailed with the FBI who became involved IIRC, on the 19th to take over the investigation. No we don’t know any conversations that the parties have had but we do know prior to the 17th the Laundries refused to have any conversation at all with LE. That behavior is hard to understand when a young woman is missing. MOO

This is interesting indeed. Do they usually do this if they’re not going to release any new info? I know someone mentioned earlier that they might just say we cannot release any information at this stage.
Perhaps the preliminary ruling was homicide, pending in-depth forensic results and toxicology. They probably have all those results back and will, confirm that the MOD is homicide. Maybe a bit more information, but I would be surprised if they actually state the COD. Hope they do, though. jmo

Whatever...my opinions are being limited at this point by members who find my thoughts on the court of public opinion unsuitable for this venue.

Years ago we had a thread where members just joked and got to know each other better....we linked 100's? of music YT videos and had a good time.

This case has been very hard on a lot of members, wish we could have a thread again where we could post some of our personal histories and maybe help to see why people feel the way they do with under less stress....and maybe make friends even if we have no agreements...this is a hard case for sure.

Brian Laundrie’s sister, family threatened, police records show | WFLA

<snip>

New records show the fury of this case extends 40 miles away to the home of Brian’s sister, Cassie Laundrie.

Records obtained by 8 On Your Side show, Manatee County Sheriff’s deputies have dropped by the home numerous times in a span of two weeks.

The first call for help came two days after Brian was reported missing.

According to the calls for service log, on Sept. 19, Cassie’s husband James reported he was getting “messages from random people.”

The messages included threats about “killing his family and kidnapping his kids.”

Following the threats, deputies periodically checked in on the family. On Oct. 1, there was a call about “suspicious circumstances.”

Officials investigating and dismissing a possible Brian Laundrie sighting. Then, there’s the disturbance from the protestors.

“We’re not supposed to talk with anybody and you’re making my children cry,” said Cassie Laundrie.

Cassie Laundrie even took questions from a small group of protesters outside her home and clarified some of the timelines around her brother’s disappearance and the death of Gabby Petito.

Former FBI agent Dr. Bryanna Fox says each time there’s a false sighting, a trespasser or a threat, precious resources are pulled away from solving this case.

“Anytime that there’s a death threat made against somebody, law enforcement takes it extremely seriously,” said Dr. Fox.

“It is illegal, it is irresponsible, it is extremely harmful and on top of it, it’s going to just make finding the person whose responsible for Gabby Petito’s murder that much more difficult.”
Engaging in bad behavior to "pay back" these people, to take the law into their own hands. Horrifying, and very disturbing...

The Adirondacks are a very, very different area from Blue Point, Long Island. They’re over 300 miles apart; that’s like comparing Long Beach, CA to Redwoods Nat’l Forest. It would not be familiar territory unless you know of some evidence that BL and his family spent time there.
MOO.
I agree. ADK would be totally alien territory.

The only thing that might be in that neck of the woods, though a bit further north...Remember that Dannemora prison escape a few years ago in upstate NY? One or both of the fugitives holed up in a vacant cabin. While the hunt for the fugitives was on, it made for dramatic TV coverage. There was the book and the movie...
BL is a copycat and a narcissist. And he fancies himself doing things he could only do in his dreams. I'll bet that fugitive hunt tickled his wannabe fantasies. Perhaps this is what is playing out?

Could the van have been listed as a company van by BL'S dad's business and insured thru the company? Rates for a male or female under a certain age are ridiculously high. At least in Texas.

The van was owned by Gabby according to her family. I don't see any reason why BL's dad would try to insure it if he didn't own it. jmo

They should have told their son to go turn himself into LE or get the **** out of their house.

This is what anyone in my family would have done to ANY member of my family who had committed a serious felony. They would have offered some support, but insisted that the family member wanted by LE to face up to what they had done and take responsibility. Instead they enabled him to be even more of a coward than he already was.

This isn't shoplifting or a DUI. This is murder and credit card fraud and he will not escape the FBI.

JMO
I have gone over and over this in my head the L's must have known the truth, there is no other excuse for them to ignore and avoid GP parents texts and calls unless he blocked the numbers on both parents phones but that is a huge reach and why didn't Cassie answer? If my son came home and had admitted this he would be told you hand yourself in or I will, he would always be my son but I could not hide him.

AUTOPSY RULING: We’ll be live on #WFLANow before 2:30 ET on Tuesday as the Teton County Coroner announces a ruling on the autopsy of Gabby Petito. Our stream will be on all platforms, including
@WFLA ’s site & app: http://wfla.com/wflanow

pRwX0ez_

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1447703214023905289

<modnsip> Like I said in another post, Brian is an adult and short of shooting him in the leg, if he refused to cooperate, what were your suggestions to them to make that happen? <modsnip>
No, they can’t make him talk nobody is saying that. It was an option though to let LE in the house and let LE talk to him under the guidance of their attorney. They might not have been successful of getting any information either but at least the parents would have tried to make an effort to do something to help find missing Gabby. When a young woman is missing it’s hard to understand this behavior.

Years ago we had a thread where members just joked and got to know each other better....we linked 100's? of music YT videos and had a good time.

This case has been very hard on a lot of members, wish we could have a thread again where we could post some of our personal histories and maybe help to see why people feel the way they do with under less stress....and maybe make friends even if we have no agreements...this is a hard case for sure.

At your service :D:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/off-topic-side-chat.594359/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members