Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, panic and run, not go hike for two days, hitchhike back for an alibi, then just run, anyway. I'm a broken record, I know, but killing her after his hike on the 29th and immediately running makes the most sense to me. I ask myself, what could possibly get them into a severe enough physical altercation for one to be killed? Well, we know they seemed to fight severely over control of her phone and van. There's police reports to show that. If he took off hiking for two days with her phone and van keys, imagine the argument that would ensue when he returned. It would basically be her Moab fears coming to fruition. Jmo.
That makes sense to me.

I do wonder why Brian all of a sudden asked the hitchhikers to stop the van though so he could get out.

This is from previous thread which closed just as I was about to post it.

I've seen that, yes. I have seen families come out and defend their son who committed murder. That's rather common, in fact. The Laundries did a different kind of horrible thing. They ghosted the family of their future daughter-in-law who was literally living with them until their son killed her. Even if their son is somehow innocent and they are protecting him, there is no defense for how they treated the Petito family who was desperately searching for their daughter. They wouldn't even pick up the phone. That tells me they knew their son was guilty right off the bat. The excuse the lawyer gave - that you get accused of things in the US even if you don't do them - if you're a well-off young man in Florida? - no, that's hogwash.

And don't forget the Petito's were worried about BOTH kids not just Gabby, they thought both were missing. The L's knew Brian wasn't missing and never let Gabby's parents know that.

I tend to think that it happened the evening of the 27th about the time RW&B drove by, and we saw the door furtively being closed. But you could be right. I really believe more campers have come forward to LE, to declare they did or did not see movement around the van, especially from the 27th through 29th. She would not have camped out on the river bed alone, IMO, so if she was there she would have been moving around the van area during the 28th and 29th. She was so pretty, she would have attracted attention, and she was outgoing and had confidence, she very well could have communicated with other campers driving by.

But I agree with you, by that time, if still alive, she had enough of him stealing her hard earned assets like her van and cell phone. Basically he was a parasite. IMO.
I have it in my head that she died on the evening of 27th too.
I could be missing something pointing to 29th?

Yes, panic and run, not go hike for two days, hitchhike back for an alibi, then just run, anyway. I'm a broken record, I know, but killing her after his hike on the 29th and immediately running makes the most sense to me. I ask myself, what could possibly get them into a severe enough physical altercation for one to be killed? Well, we know they seemed to fight severely over control of her phone and van. There's police reports to show that. If he took off hiking for two days with her phone and van keys, imagine the argument that would ensue when he returned. It would basically be her Moab fears coming to fruition. Jmo.
Do you really think that no one would have seen Gabby the night of the 27th, all day and night of the 28 and all day of the 29th if she were alive during that time? With no phone and the keys to the van missing? Don't you think she would have asked for help, or at least borrowed someone's phone? I think he killed her on the evening of the 27th, maybe 6hours after the Merry Piglets hullabaloo, and that they probably fought about it all day. He was all bent out of shape and she was sad and embarrassed. jmo

When did he really leave? I know the parents backtracked and said September 13 - but if there are no sightings after the 6th at the campground - as others may have suggested - was that the day he took off? That's one week earlier than the 13th - however, lying to the FBI is a pretty big deal so is the new date because other evidence contrary has now surfaced? And I wonder about the alleged CCTV from the neighbor saying he was seen on the 17th?
Laundrie 'seen running out of his backyard the day parents reported him missing'

Brian Laundrie's Parents Waited Longer To Report Him Missing Than Previously Thought
The other thing I think about a lot is SB revised the date of the phone buying to Sept 4 (originally he said the 14th). I haven’t seen any compelling evidence that BL was around after Sept 6 at DeSoto. I do think it was perhaps a de facto goodbye get together. While a neighbor claims to have seen him after that, I do think it’s possible they could be wrong.

I tend to think that it happened the evening of the 27th about the time RW&B drove by, and we saw the door furtively being closed. But you could be right. I really believe more campers have come forward to LE, to declare they did or did not see movement around the van, especially from the 27th through 29th. She would not have camped out on the river bed alone, IMO, so if she was there she would have been moving around the van area during the 28th and 29th. She was so pretty, she would have attracted attention, and she was outgoing and had confidence, she very well could have communicated with other campers driving by.

But I agree with you, by that time, if still alive, she had enough of him stealing her hard earned assets like her van and cell phone. Basically he was a parasite. IMO.
I've thought about this, too, whether she would stay closer to the van if alone. I just don't know. Maybe she didn't want people in the campground, strangers really, to know she was there alone, and with no means to drive anywhere or call anyone. It would be awfully scary for a young woman. I imagine them arguing over the Merry Piglets incident and him walking off with her things telling her to calm down.

Last edited:
And don't forget the Petito's were worried about BOTH kids not just Gabby, they thought both were missing. The L's knew Brian wasn't missing and never let Gabby's parents know that.
How could they have done that though if her van was at their property. Did they not know her van was there?

^—THIS, a MILLION times!!
The public is appalled, with many being absolutely furious, at the fact that CL and RL have shown absolutely ZERO empathy for the death of Gabby. They could still protect every legal right and silently show compassion for Gabby and her family. This will be on the jury’s mind, if Gabby’s case ever gets to trial. MOO
Imagine at trial time (if it ever comes to it) and a DA like John Lewin cross-examines the Laundries. Holy Moley!
"So, Mr. L, on what date and time did you or your wife physically, privately or in person offer the Petitos condolences on the death of their daughter - the young girl you had living in your home for 2 years?"
"We never did."
"Why is that?"
"Our lawyer told us not to."
"OBJECTION!"
Ouch...

Do you really think that no one would have seen Gabby the night of the 27th, all day and night of the 28 and all day of the 29th if she were alive during that time? With no phone and the keys to the van missing? Don't you think she would have asked for help, or at least borrowed someone's phone? I think he killed her on the evening of the 27th, maybe 6hours after the Merry Piglets hullabaloo, and that they probably fought about it all day. He was all bent out of shape and she was sad and embarrassed. jmo
It's possible. DV victims hide out all the time so no one can see the black eyes and bruises.

No it won't. It will not presented at court as evidence (it is not relevant how the L's acted), so the jury will not have this in mind.
It won't but you can bet your life the jury will be curious when they see evidence that proves Brian arrived home in the van on the 1st.

Get Gabby's dad on the witness stand "when did you realise your daughter was missing and that Brian had come home without Gabby?"

I've thought about this, too, whether she would stay closer to the van if alone. I just don't know. Maybe she didn't want people in the campground, strangers really, to know she was there alone, and with no means to drive anywhere or call anyone. It would be awful scary for a young woman. I imagine them arguing over the Merry Piglets incident and him walking off with her things telling her to calm down.

But, maybe he only walked far enough to distance himself and set up a tent. Gabby would have been upset to be left alone and followed him. Speculation based on what I saw in the LE vids.

And didn't they report him missing on Friday but didn't tell LE about the car in the Preserve until Saturday? I remember they weren't completely upfront when they first reported him missing. I think their attorney had to make a couple of statements during that time to correct information.
Is there access to the missing person report for Brian?

So, are the members of the press gone from the neighborhood? Seems like everything has come to a stand still and not much to report
Reporter BE is there. Looks pretty quiet but you can see other reporter crews across the street.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1447629882331209732?s=21

Perhaps a lot of Media people are at City Hall where the Memorial will be taken down tomorrow to cover that. Here’s a pic.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1447605660812722177?s=21
A lot of people are visiting the Gabby Petito memorial today in North Port, FL.
The city will take it down tomorrow and give all the items to the family.

For those who were asking in the previous thread, this is what was said immediately after Gabby was found deceased:

"According to the FBI, the manner of death is considered a homicide."

"The actual cause of death has not been determined."

source: Gabby Petito's Cause Of Death Pending As Brian Laundrie Still Nowhere To Be Found

This has all previously been discussed at great length here with some saying this could rule out a gunshot and others saying the wound may be hidden etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214