Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would hope out of reverence to Gabby & her fam they stuff a sock in it for all to absorb the news. Including for C&R Laundrie- who may need to fully absorb this horror to consider coming clean with LE. This could be the breaking point for them if the idiots out front will just shut up for a dang day. Moo

Wondering if the L’s will take off to Orlando or go into hiding somewhere to avoid all of these folks.

You’re good! We all just brainstormin’ here. I just wish we could figure out where BL is…
I have sent Twitter messages and emails to multiple reporters about the text from SB to get stating the Laundries went to other places on two different dates trying to get a reporter to follow up, but no response. If he's really only confirming dates and locations the FBI has, even if they've received the information the same day he confirms it, then I firmly believe those are dates and locations they don't have. Otherwise he would have spilled it already.

The backpedaling on the hiking date is already questionable, but I expected it. However, now SB has went on the record saying he spoke to BL on 9/13, so they're going to have to narrow that window down even further if they're going to expect LE to believe he left his phone at home (unless that was a fake phone intentionally left at home for that reason and that's a lot of effort). Then to have CL add to the date and say not only were we wrong about when he went hiking, but I also forgot to add that I went to look for him for 4-5 hours that night.

Well, footage from outside your home at 6 pm and 10 pm that night shows your truck at home, so there's no way you were gone that long. Not to mention the park closes at sunset, so approximately, what, 7:45/8 pm in September? So realistically he could have "searched" for maybe 2 hours?

So was this one of those "other places" they went?

Ohhh but they will...and they are...

That is the beauty of search warrants.
:0)
Didn’t SB say it was not a burner phone purchased , but a new phone with an AT&T acct?
I’m also interested if BL still had his “old” phone at this point, so he could move all his contacts, music etc?
Did the “older woman” with him know he was going to then “lose” his old phone?

The blurry blotch in the center of the screen is indeed in the Bethune video. It's some kind of web, or print on the lense. MOO

Additionally, it is the Bethune video. They posted it online. It's not a video of a video MOO It is an approved source as you can see from the link providing Tiff's express approval.

Now with respect to the video and whether the door was or was not closing, I believe it is relevant. Others are entitled to think otherwise. In the end, let's face it, only the AUSA and FBI are going to decide.

This video was taken on the 27th at 6 pm. See their description of this video n their YouTube channel for time and date (below link will take you to it - or the media thread, if you prefer).

I believed GP was dead by this time. If this is correct, this evidence, together with the other public evidence, might just have a time of death significantly nailed down. MOO IMO JMO

This is the Bethune vid. The other is an edited version. The edited version is not a credible source imo. Jmo. Moo. Etc.

Maybe stan had sent several messages in the prior day/days?

My guess is BL was hoping stan would stop texting GP. If he kept texting her, and never got a response, then he might sound the alarm sooner that something was wrong.

JMO
I think you are right.
But it also means, at that time, her phone was STILL working.

The blurry blotch in the center of the screen is indeed in the Bethune video. It's some kind of web, or print on the lense. MOO

Additionally, it is the Bethune video. They posted it online. It's not a video of a video MOO It is an approved source as you can see from the link providing Tiff's express approval.

Now with respect to the video and whether the door was or was not closing, I believe it is relevant. Others are entitled to think otherwise. In the end, let's face it, only the AUSA and FBI are going to decide.

This video was taken on the 27th at 6 pm. See their description of this video in their YouTube channel for time and date (below link will take you to it - or the media thread, if you prefer).

I believed GP was dead by this time. If this is correct, this evidence, together with the other public evidence, might just have a time of death significantly nailed down - and that time would be sometime on the 27th -

After the Merry Piglets (what was that 2 p.m.?),
But before 6 p.m.

MOO IMO. JMO

Thanks for the info, @Jurisprudence! Reviewing it was helpful.
What a place to park that van! Was someone in a hurry? Angry? Paranoid?

I have a question for the attorneys here. Is it illegal for SB to keep BL's location hidden, or to provide him a safe house? Wouldn't he be arranging a peaceful surrender or urging BL to turn himself in if he knew where he was?

I have sent Twitter messages and emails to multiple reporters about the text from SB to get stating the Laundries went to other places on two different dates trying to get a reporter to follow up, but no response. If he's really only confirming dates and locations the FBI has, even if they've received the information the same day he confirms it, then I firmly believe those are dates and locations they don't have. Otherwise he would have spilled it already.

The backpedaling on the hiking date is already questionable, but I expected it. However, now SB has went on the record saying he spoke to BL on 9/13, so they're going to have to narrow that window down even further if they're going to expect LE to believe he left his phone at home (unless that was a fake phone intentionally left at home for that reason and that's a lot of effort). Then to have CL add to the date and say not only were we wrong about when he went hiking, but I also forgot to add that I went to look for him for 4-5 hours that night.

Well, footage from outside your home at 6 pm and 10 pm that night shows your truck at home, so there's no way you were gone that long. Not to mention the park closes at sunset, so approximately, what, 7:45/8 pm in September? So realistically he could have "searched" for maybe 2 hours?

Could have scooped B up and taken him to drop off somewhere about an hour and a half away and drove home Mustang stays in the lot gets ticketed and picked up at 6 am ish Wednesday. ??? jmo

Well I would hope out of reverence to Gabby & her fam they stuff a sock in it for all to absorb the news. Including for C&R Laundrie- who may need to fully absorb this horror to consider coming clean with LE. This could be the breaking point for them if the idiots out front will just shut up for a dang day. Moo

Wondering if the L’s will take off to Orlando or go into hiding somewhere to avoid all of these folks.

JMOO but I am fairly certain that no one would go into that reserve (or any place like it) at night. We are being played again.

I have a question for the attorneys here. Is it illegal for SB to keep BL's location hidden, or to provide him a safe house? Wouldn't he be arranging a peaceful surrender or urging BL to turn himself in if he knew where he was?
They actually just had this question on Prime on NewsNation tonight and the attorney said that no one, including an attorney, is under any obligation to voluntarily go to LE and disclose BL's whereabouts. However, if they are asked directly, including his attorney, and they are not honest, that is a crime.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1447737611557220353?t=JgwwdWiuxQQEd1eMC_9Z5Q&s=19

Could have scooped B up and taken him to drop off somewhere about an hour and a half away and drove home Mustang stays in the lot gets ticketed and picked up at 6 am ish Wednesday. ??? jmo
Kind of on the same page. Didn't want to be on the same page. I've been holding onto a small hope of redemption for the Laundries and that they've just been thrust into a series of very unfortunate circumstances, but it's getting harder to convince myself of that.

Does anybody else think that the release of more of Gabby's autopsy is somewhat odd given that BL hasn't been found yet?
The end of the fed search in the reserve or elsewhere?
Could this be the point this becomes a cold case?

JMOO but I am fairly certain that no one would go into that reserve (or any place like it) at night. We are being played again.
Can't go in at night except on foot. It closes. jmo

If strangulation was the cause of death, she would have lost consciousness within approximately 7 to 14 seconds.
I hope not. I believe/hope COD was GSW and she never saw it coming. I believe it has to be something unequivocal because of the speed with which the coroner pronounced manner of death.

I have a question. I've seen the Bethune video, a lot. I've watched it at regular speed, slo-mo, and even double speed because you should really see that dead bugs (right smack in the middle of the windshield) butt blowing in the wind at 2x. I have seen no sign at all of any van door closing surreptitiously so could someone please tell me where this is supposed to have occurred in the video?
I've watched it.
It closes.

I find it interesting that unlike Mrs. Bethune's statement that they considered pulling over because "they were from Florida too" there is so far not a peep about this on the video. Maybe they turn back around? I'm going to keep watching. MOO

rsbm

I have wondered the same and I have watched every version I can find

I wonder if her body was partially or mostly burned. So they could immediately determine homicide but the COD would take longer.??? Almost scared to find out the COD tomorrow.

We may not hear it tomorrow -- the announcement only mentioned the completion of the tox report.
I do feel sure the coroner has certainly determined the COD if it was possible to do so. We'll see what happens.:)
So we wait...

I hope not. I believe/hope COD was GSW and she never saw it coming. I believe it has to be something unequivocal because of the speed with which the coroner pronounced manner of death.
I think you're right. BL is such a coward, he may have approached her from behind. My top guess is a rock to the back of her head and that is why her step-dad made a cross from the rocks where she was found. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow