Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a stupid question, but oh well. If COD is revealed to be murder tomorrow at the presser, is an arrest warrant then issued for BL for her murder?

Briefly:

Federal Arrest Warrants – What You Need to Know

Agencies like the FBI, DEA and ATF have the authority to investigate crimes on behalf of the federal government. If agents believe that a crime might have been committed, they will pursue the case and gather evidence.
When the agency is ready to arrest someone, they will take the evidence in front of a federal magistrate. The judge will then issue a federal arrest warrant, and the suspect will be taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals.
-------------------

More here:
Federal Arrest Warrants - What You Need to Know

Gabby posted videos of them cooking salmon in the van. I believe he's a pescatarian.

Omg a shoeless pescatarian cooking salmon inside that van? That poor girl! I'm not even kidding, van life with that kind of literal hot mess had to have been a test of Gabbys strength as a human being. I feel ill thinking about her reality.

Well, crap, there is this Feds Investigating Brian Laundrie's Alleged Burner Phone Purchased Day He was Last Seen

Now, it is TMZ, so take that with a grain of salt. But if that's true, that's going to really throw a link in their story.

And while we are at it, do you recall reading a comment by SB stating that the L’s took another trip on the 10th/11th but to 2 different places that he would not name? I know I did not dream it. It was stated around the time of the great date debacle for Fort deSoto.

I've watched the videos of the van and the slowed down HD one too. The vertical black line is the black ladder which appears to move as they get closer to the van. I don't think the door closes like that. And if someone was inside the van it would be very dark. I'd hate to be shut up in there even at night. No air, no light.

That’s exactly my thoughts as well. The ladder had two vertical black railings, which seemed to move as their vehicle approached the van.

Many thanks for that post and reference, @mlhenn. Hmmm.

And strangulation was a possible COD, according to a private investigator. Hmmm.
Wondering if the coroner will go that far...
Grabbing her face is mighty close to grabbing her neck... but with less chance of death... That poor little young artist. SMH.
bbm
This is 'new' news .
According to the post and link.

Horrifying and beyond evil if this was Gabby's fate.

In the death of the young serviceman's wife Erin Corwin the strangling took five minutes.
Plenty of time to stop doing this .
I was hoping that whatever happened went very fast and Gabby felt nothing.
Gabby did say in the police officer's bodycam footage that he'd grabbed her face, but she put her hands lower down towards her neck.
So it seems possible.
Imo.

Yeah, I don't think it really matters to the case, other than identifying the approximate time and place where Gabby's van was, in relation to where Gabby's body was eventually found. But it's interesting in terms of the "wow, that's a creepy moment to actually capture, knowing what we now know" factor.

Who knows though? That footage could become crucial evidence later on down the line! It IS creepy though, no matter what. That park has spooky vibes Imo.

And while we are at it, do you recall reading a comment by SB stating that the L’s took another trip on the 10th/11th but to 2 different places that he would not name? I know I did not dream it. It was stated around the time of the great date debacle for Fort deSoto.
He didn't give a date! He just said they went to other places on two different dates. Why didn't he specify? I think it's because it's information that LE doesn't have yet. It goes back to my theory he only confirms dates that they already have, and those dates and places are important!

Edited to add screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_0126.PNG
    IMG_0126.PNG
    556.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Mon, October 11, 2021, 7:36 PM

Gabby Petito autopsy: Wyoming coroner to give update Tuesday

NORTH PORT, Fla. - Teton County, Wyoming, coroner Brent Blue on Tuesday will hold a virtual press conference regarding the final autopsy report for deceased Gabby Petito, officials said Monday.

The press conference will be held at 12:30 p.m. MT and is limited to members of the press, according to a Teton County spokesperson.

The final autopsy report will likely include Petito's time and cause of death, which may help investigators determine who killed her.

Salt Lake City-based private investigator Jason Jenson, who visited the scene where Petito's remains were discovered over the weekend, told Fox News Digital that he believes Blue will also discuss the results of a post-mortum toxicology test, which detects drugs in a person's system. Jenson added, however, that he also believes Petito was not using drugs at the time of her death.

Gabby Petito Case: County Coroner to Announce Autopsy Results Tuesday

Teton County officials said that a press conference will be held 2:30 p.m. EST regarding the ruling on the autopsy of Petito, whose body was found on Sept. 19 near Grand Teton National Park. No other information was shared.

While official identification is expected, the report should also shed light on the cause of death. Officials thus far have determined her death was a homicide, meaning she was killed by another person, but how exactly she died remains a question. Her family has since held funeral services.

Since I made that post, I also discovered the park is only open from 6 am to sunset. So, how did he search for 4 hours, max, of the park wasn't open to the public? Could this information say one to believe he possibly picked BL up after hours to move him to a different location?

Why yes, yes it could. jmo ;)

You have to wonder if his parents were/are afraid of him. Maybe they are well aware of his temper. So they wanted him to run?
If you watch the footage, the first phone is the one the ranger is sent to get. That is Gabby's. He tells her he has to go get it from a special spot. He hands it to her, she takes it back to Gabby and she can be seen holding it from then on in the back of the police car.

Later on, presumably when he goes back to the van later to get his wallet, he also gets his phone and puts this in his pants pocket. The officer asks him for his contact details, he pulls out the phone, turns it on and shows him the number. It's working fine, and it's clearly not the same phone that was given to Gabby.
This confuses me as BL said he took the keys away from GP because if she had the keys and took the van, he had to take her phone because he would be left without a vehicle and a phone. Am I missing something? Also, the Laundries attorney claimed LE enforcement has BL phone. Nothing adds up.

It's not the same phone :) If you watch the Moab stop videos, he has one in his pocket, and then gets Gabby's phone, gives it to the cop, cop gives it to Gabby, then Gabby is on her phone in the cop car, and at the same time, B takes his phone out of his pocket to get info for the cops. 2 phones, 100%, Brian lied. 100%.
Ita.
He is a liar.
Even not saying anything as in arriving home and not talking about where he left Gabby's body-- is lying by omission, and yes LE can charge him if they have evidence from his phone or other contacts that he knew where she was, and that she was deceased.
IF he moved her at all after death; that can be tampering with a corpse.

One of the charges against Barry Morphew was just that.
Suzanne is still missing. :(

Questions keep emerging in this case.
Mine would be ; is it nature or nurture ?
MOO.

Who knows though? That footage could become crucial evidence later on down the line! It IS creepy though, no matter what. That park has spooky vibes Imo.
So, who do people think was closing the door? I don't think its all that evidentiary other than the time. if it was B, Gabby is probably already dead, if it's G she isn't dead yet. Since it's impossible to know who it could be, its interesting but not all that helpful. jmo To me, it's what people WANT to see...like the face of jesus on a grilled cheese sandwich. jmo

Last edited:
I have some experience with video editing programs. I saw both videos and it appears the original video has NOT been enhanced. The second video (the slow motion one with the "closing door") appears TO BE enhanced. Oftentimes, when an attempt is made to adjust contrast, sharpening or pixel depth, the image can develop artifacts - areas of color that can join together to form "islands" of color or shadow. These "islands" are the result of squashing pixels too close to one another to sharpen or enhance specific areas of a photograph or video image. The best image of what existed at the time is the first video slowed down to an extremely low frame rate. The "closing door" video has has additional manipulation in an attempt to sharpen the image. In brief, it has been over sharpened, has enhanced contrast and a pretty sloppy application of pixel depth adjustment.
I couldn't see it and I watched several times.
It's inconsequential in any case, I suppose.
I didn't see her body either though I was watching when it was allegedly shown...
I see almost nothing!
Spell it out for me and I'll see it then, I tell myself.

Is this the video with the van at the side of the road? If so, watch it from back before the van comes into view. When it first comes into view you can see a vertical black line on the back of the van. As the camera approaches the black line disappears. As it gets closer there is nothing there that can explain the black line. I'm pretty sure the back door was, in fact, ajar and then closed as the camera was approaching.

I'm going to be honest, I didn't believe it. I pulled screencaps from every couple of frames and blew it up some.

I made a gif, repeats 3xs. Don't know if it will load right here, but lets see.
ScreenHunter-1058.gif

I thought it was a tree, but instead of shifting to the side the shadow does get thinner. Someone with current video editing software might be able to get better resolution.

Full Bethune video.

I have some experience with video editing programs. I saw both videos and it appears the original video has NOT been enhanced. The second video (the slow motion one with the "closing door") appears TO BE enhanced. Oftentimes, when an attempt is made to adjust contrast, sharpening or pixel depth, the image can develop artifacts - areas of color that can join together to form "islands" of color or shadow. These "islands" are the result of squashing pixels too close to one another to sharpen or enhance specific areas of a photograph or video image. The best image of what existed at the time is the first video slowed down to an extremely low frame rate. The "closing door" video has has additional manipulation in an attempt to sharpen the image. In brief, it has been over sharpened, has enhanced contrast and a pretty sloppy application of pixel depth adjustment.

I thought I saw some frames missing from the first video I saw. An edit. Though my overactive mind thinks it was Brian closing the door to avoid people as he had just killed Gabby.

BL slowly eroded GPs trust. First, the hammock. Then he moved on to thebarefoot thing. She even stepped on a pebble. He didn't clear her path or look out for her. P. O. S

What happened with a hammock? No one will believe this, but I wasn't able to read all the post here!!! :rolleyes:...:D
I would appreciate a few details about it, please someone.
Thanks!

I’m sure those phone calls were a bit how can I say angry! Threatening!
I know I wouldnt have anything nice to say
And would be threatening !

Why would they have felt the calls were threatening? Gabby's family was worried about both of them. Her parents had no idea they weren't together. They just hadn't heard from them and started to get worried. Because even though coverage was often unavailable Gabby always posted things & contacted people when it was available. And they weren't people to be out of contact for long periods of time. They weren't backpacking on long overnights. They would go into the nearest town, use free wifi, stock up on food & water. So, Gabby's family was worried and just calling to see if the Laundries had heard from them/knew where they were. They weren't mad or upset. Yet.

Those calls would only be "threatening" to someone with something pretty serious to hide. To ignore your future daughter in law's parents. What would be threatening enough to ghost them, knowing they wouldn't just go away?

So, who do people think was closing the door? I don't think its all that evidentiary other than the time. if it was B, Gabby is probably already dead, if it's G she isn't dead yet. Since it's impossible to know who it could be, its interesting but not all that helpful. jmo
I was about to say that maybe "crucial" is an exaggeration but it really isn't considering it helped LE to locate Gabbys remains. Even if it isn't important in a trial, it's already served it's purpose Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l