Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a stupid question, but oh well. If COD is revealed to be murder tomorrow at the presser, is an arrest warrant then issued for BL for her murder?
I would think that would depend on whether or not the FBI has what they consider conclusive evidence that BL is in some way responsible. Otherwise, no.

Yes, at least as of the filming of that last Dr Phil interview. Could they possibly be concerned about the details of the COD being leaked by a funeral home if they release the body?
They send an interim death certificate for the funeral home and to start probate and to close out bank accounts, etc. Manner and cause of death will still say pending, which is fine for those purposes. This is often done because people do not want to wait weeks to hold a funeral or begin probate while the autopsy finalizes.
I was thinking due to the amount of press on this case there could be a possibility of a leak from someone at the funeral home who sees the actual remains, notices some specific injuries, and reveals those. Just trying to imagine reasons why the body would be held for so long?

If you watch the footage, the first phone is the one the ranger is sent to get. That is Gabby's. He tells her he has to go get it from a special spot. He hands it to her, she takes it back to Gabby and she can be seen holding it from then on in the back of the police car.

Later on, presumably when he goes back to the van later to get his wallet, he also gets his phone and puts this in his pants pocket. The officer asks him for his contact details, he pulls out the phone, turns it on and shows him the number. It's working fine, and it's clearly not the same phone that was given to Gabby.

Didn't he say he'd put all of Gabbys things into a pack at the back of the van so they didn't have to be near each other?

Why wasn't her phone with her in the first place?

Ugh. These details are meaningless. Where t f is BL?

Is this the video with the van at the side of the road? If so, watch it from back before the van comes into view. When it first comes into view you can see a vertical black line on the back of the van. As the camera approaches the black line disappears. As it gets closer there is nothing there that can explain the black line. I'm pretty sure the back door was, in fact, ajar and then closed as the camera was approaching.

I've watched the videos of the van and the slowed down HD one too. The vertical black line is the black ladder which appears to move as they get closer to the van. I don't think the door closes like that. And if someone was inside the van it would be very dark. I'd hate to be shut up in there even at night. No air, no light.

True. So why would he consider insuring it? Assuming he could? Seems that invites liability with no chance of a payoff.

I'm not sure there was an incident with JP at the home though. Police have denied JP ever came to the home.

zJMO
I never suggested CL considered insuring GP's van.

There was some incident involving JP at the home according to police reports.

Gabby Petito's dad connected to incident at Laundrie's home day before missing alert: report
September 17, 20215:50 pm

NORTH PORT, Fla. (1010 WINS) — The father of a missing Long Island woman who has not been seen since she ventured with her fiancé on a cross-country road trip, reportedly was involved in a "public service" incident at their home — a day before she was reported missing.

Fox News reports redacted police documents show Florida authorities responded to the North Port home of Gabby Petito, her fiancé Brian Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10 — with an alleged link to her father Joseph Petito. Police then reportedly returned twice on Sept. 11 to follow up.

Only the timeline and addresses are known, not the substance of the alleged interaction, Fox reports.

I was thinking due to the amount of press on this case there could be a possibility of a leak from someone at the funeral home who sees the actual remains, notices some specific injuries, and reveals those. Just trying to imagine reasons why the body would be held for so long?
Family has decided on cremation. If all analysis has been completed, she has probably already been cremated. jmo

But, that is edited video so could have been same phone, but thanks for link. I do remember him saying I dont have phone. Cassie's husband said he did not like phones, so I thought maybe just did not want to acknowledge he owned one.

I thought at first for sure he had a burner before he left his parents house to where ever he ended up. But, what if he really is out there without a phone...I still think there might be a chance his body dead or alive is in the Reserve.
He said that when he was explaining the situation at Moon Flower (or whatever it is called). I think he was saying he didn't have his phone at that time, describing the situation he would be in if GP were to have left him there. MOO

Where is Gabby's Apple watch? Did I miss posts on this? I'd be interested to know if he had the foresight to destroy it, That would be relevant to me. MOO

Apple Watch can monitor your heartbeat but doesn't it have to be set up to do so? If it was set up though, that's just one way of the many that may be useful here.

I got former FBI Agent Jennifer Coffindaffer on the phone quickly to get her take on the Teton County Coroner’s press conference scheduled for tomorrow. @CoffindafferFBI
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1447750883643645953?s=21
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1447750883643645953?s=21
Coffindaffer (what a doozy of a name) does not think much new info will come out of this press conference. LE will keep info under wraps for this investigation in its “infancy”. Much more work to be done & they won’t want to reveal anything that could hamper progress later. After listening to her, ima just let my hopes be dashed now rather than noon-thirty tomorrow. We are in for a long wait for justice & closure, imo.

But, that is edited video so could have been same phone, but thanks for link. I do remember him saying I dont have phone. Cassie's husband said he did not like phones, so I thought maybe just did not want to acknowledge he owned one.

I thought at first for sure he had a burner before he left his parents house to where ever he ended up. But, what if he really is out there without a phone...I still think there might be a chance his body dead or alive is in the Reserve.
It's not the same phone :) If you watch the Moab stop videos, he has one in his pocket, and then gets Gabby's phone, gives it to the cop, cop gives it to Gabby, then Gabby is on her phone in the cop car, and at the same time, B takes his phone out of his pocket to get info for the cops. 2 phones, 100%, Brian lied. 100%.

JMO I don’t think he was thinking like a hardened criminal at all. I don’t think there was a plan. I think he freaked and left her as she was, but again, MOO.

I didn't mean her death was premeditated. I don't think it was. But I think as soon as he realized he had killed her his mental wheels started turning and he decided to leave her "as is" because nature would take its course better than if he buried her, which would have protected her body to some extent. I believe that leaving her completely to the elements was his way of giving a little bit of an advantage to himself. He might have moved her a little to make sure she wasn't so visible from the road, but other than that he seemed to want nature to help him dispose of her.

JMO

For those who missed it and don't want to dig back through threads, I wanted to reshare a post I made from earlier today on Thread 59. I have been digging into the Sept. 13th and a lot of people have been helping add in info they've found, so if anyone else had ideas on where to look for videos, I'm running out of ideas!

Here's an article originally published on 9/13. It references a photo of Chris Laundrie mowing his lawn on Monday (which would be the 13th) and shows the front of the Laundrie home (sans Mustang).
Mom of missing Florida girl, 22, pleads for help to find her daughter | Daily Mail Online

It was originally posted at 16:07 (4:07 p.m.). I've been hung up on the 12th and 13th dates, so I've been trying to really narrow down that time frame. So here's some research I've done.

I was able to find a daily weather history on WeatherUnderground for Punta Gorda, which is approximately 18 miles away. It showed light rain starting at 5:49 p.m. and ending somewhere between 6 and 6:30 p.m.

For Venice Muni Station, which is approximately 14.5 miles, it reported thunder beginning around 3:15, heavy rain at 3:55 pm. and continuing off and on until about 7:15 p.m.

If the article was posted on the 13th at approx. 4:00 p.m., then the photos had to have been taken earlier in the day. Taking into consideration the afternoon rain beginning around 3 p.m., we can safely assume they were taken before 3.

WeatherUnderground also reflects a high of 91 degrees at noon, so I would venture to guess they were taken the morning of the 13th because he wouldn't want to cut grass in the middle of the day. Clearly that is an assumption, and I am still trying to narrow that down.

We also have this video from Fox 13 at 6:03 p.m. I'm basing the p.m. off the fact that the news anchor says at the beginning "developing tonight." She then flips to one of their reporters who is live in front of the home. The Mustang is not there, the Dodge truck is.

There is a second video from Fox 13 during their 10 p.m. broadcast and they go back to the same reporter who is live again in front of the Laundrie home.

I took a screenshot of the second video and turned the exposure WAY up in an attempt to see the background. There's probably a much better way to do this and achieve better results, but I was trying to do it on the fly. It looks like the truck is in the background.

Something that caught my attention - if you look at the first video from the 6 p.m. broadcast, the truck is backed directly underneath the camper. In the second broadcast, if I am right in what I'm seeing, the truck is now facing the camper and possibly a little more towards the left. I uploaded both photos for reference. If that's true, then obviously the truck was moved at some point between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-11 115900.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-11 115900.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 22
My suggestion would be for you to check out the 4K resolution version that Red, White and Bethune put up on their channel. That's the raw, unedited Go Pro original footage. It's the highest, clearest, crispest resolution you can get of the footage.

Source: Red, White & Bethune 4K Go Pro

Watch it on a big monitor (desktop or larger - not cellphone), slowed down to 0.25 speed. The back of the van becomes visible, with right door slightly ajar at roughly 1:28, and the closing happens at approximately 1:35. JMO, but I think it's pretty clear - even without any zooming or other video editing techniques. Hard to see on a mobile screen, though.

She never once discussed this. (Mrs. Bethune's statement that they considered pulling over because "they were from Florida too"). Why would she say this and then post raw footage showing this never happened? Maybe it was a different day she saw it and considered this? It looks like she's sleeping in the back. MOO
On another note, I don't know if the Bethune's realize how lucky they are. Looks like 2 kids, 3 dogs, and parents and that van is as quiet as a church mouse. I have never been this lucky.

Yes, agree. Also possible a fishing cabin, access to water, can fish for food, maybe it has been stocked previously. The ironic thing is how many of us have pegged BL as not very smart,. . . in the very least he is the olympian of hide and seek. And to think he is only a felon for bank charge and there is all this searching, FBI is conducting this manhunt for a reason; not just to keep us all up at night wondering where BL is. JMO

I understood Brian was a vegetarian. If so, he wouldn't be eating fish.

Here you go (note that I just crooped them, no zoom or other editing involved):

View attachment 316915 View attachment 316916 View attachment 316917

Source of screenshots:
Thank you for taking the time!! It's been since like thread #2 and I never thought to bother doing this.

I still don't see the door open. No matter how many times I slow down or rewatch I cannot see that door move at all. All I can say is thank everything that family was vlogging their trip!

Gabby Petito's dad connected to incident at Laundrie's home day before missing alert: report

NORTH PORT, Fla. (1010 WINS) — The father of a missing Long Island woman who has not been seen since she ventured with her fiancé on a cross-country road trip, reportedly was involved in a "public service" incident at their home — a day before she was reported missing.

Fox News reports redacted police documents show Florida authorities responded to the North Port home of Gabby Petito, her fiancé Brian Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10 — with an alleged link to her father Joseph Petito. Police then reportedly returned twice on Sept. 11 to follow up.

Only the timeline and addresses are known, not the substance of the alleged interaction, Fox reports.

Thanks. I thought that report involving JP had been discredited. Interesting.

There was discussion of CL insuring the van on this thread.

JMO

This has long since been clarified. JP did not go near the residence and has never been in that neighborhood. It apparently was a public service incident where he called NPPD asking for a welfare check or something along those lines because GP's mother had already been told she couldn't place a missing person's report in that county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l