Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

But, that is edited video so could have been same phone, but thanks for link. I do remember him saying I dont have phone. Cassie's husband said he did not like phones, so I thought maybe just did not want to acknowledge he owned one.

I thought at first for sure he had a burner before he left his parents house to where ever he ended up. But, what if he really is out there without a phone...I still think there might be a chance his body dead or alive is in the Reserve.

My suggestion would be for you to check out the 4K resolution version that Red, White and Bethune put up on their channel. That's the raw, unedited Go Pro original footage. It's the highest, clearest, crispest resolution you can get of the footage.

Source: Red, White & Bethune 4K Go Pro

Watch it on a big monitor (desktop or larger - not cellphone), slowed down to 0.25 speed. The back of the van becomes visible, with right door slightly ajar at roughly 1:28, and the closing happens at approximately 1:35. JMO, but I think it's pretty clear - even without any zooming or other video editing techniques. Hard to see on a mobile screen, though.
There's an approved video on the media thread done by someone else that is very clear and focuses right on it. You should definitely view it.

I find it interesting that unlike Mrs. Bethune's statement that they considered pulling over because "they were from Florida too" there is so far not a peep about this on the video. Maybe they turn back around? I'm going to keep watching. MOO

Is this the video with the van at the side of the road? If so, watch it from back before the van comes into view. When it first comes into view you can see a vertical black line on the back of the van. As the camera approaches the black line disappears. As it gets closer there is nothing there that can explain the black line. I'm pretty sure the back door was, in fact, ajar and then closed as the camera was approaching.

Can someone screenshot this moment and post it here?

Maybe they don’t want the angry bullhorners to send their empty soda bottle or plastic takeout fork to Ancestry or 23andme. No tellin’ what those peeps would do!
ick forgot about them......they'll be in full force tomorrow. jmo

Working all day. I tried to catch up, but can't find the post that started the discussion about the COD being released tomorrow. Can someone link me up, please?

Hopefully you haven’t gotten a ton of answers already, I haven’t read to the end of the thread, it’s moving too fast.

A perfect example to answer would be Jon Benet Ramsey. I am not sure they ever determined her cause of death - it was either blunt force trauma to the head, or strangulation. The reason it may never have been determined is because they happened close together timewise and it was difficult to know which of the two methods was the one that actually killed her. At least that is my recall, but that was years ago.

In caylee Anthony’s case, the cause of death was never determined because the remains were too decomposed to tell. But the manner was homicide, due to where her remains were found, and the condition in which they were found.

So, if there is enough evidence that someone caused this to happen in a violent means, whether by covering it up, burying, or multiple simultaneous violent acts, there are other ways to rule homicide even not knowing an exact cause of death.

No links = MY OPINIONS ONLY

With JBR the COD was strangulation, but the head trauma would have been fatal too. (that is what I remember)

Very gruesome.

I worry that Gabby was too far decomposed to tell her COD for sure. I think that is why BL didn't bury her on purpose. The more damage nature could do, the less there would be as evidence. I'm worried his terrible plan worked. It's really remarkable how much like a hardened criminal he was thinking even in just the moments shortly after her death.

Of course that is speculation, and IMO

I am amazed when I hear forensic people on Youtube explain their methods and it's amazing what they can find out even from a body in very bad shape, so there is hope.

CL had no ownership of the van. If he did, the van wouldn't have been seized by LE after the incident involving JP at their home the day before GP was reported missing to LE. jmo

True. So why would he consider insuring it? Assuming he could? Seems that invites liability with no chance of a payoff.

I'm not sure there was an incident with JP at the home though. Police have denied JP ever came to the home.

zJMO

Is this the video with the van at the side of the road? If so, watch it from back before the van comes into view. When it first comes into view you can see a vertical black line on the back of the van. As the camera approaches the black line disappears. As it gets closer there is nothing there that can explain the black line. I'm pretty sure the back door was, in fact, ajar and then closed as the camera was approaching.

I think in one of the videos there is an edit and in another video is does seem to show a door closing. I think it might have been right after the incident of Gabby getting killed. Timing....imo

They can try and get it from Apple.
It depends on what is backed up to the cloud and when. Apple encrypts a lot of their information, so if it is not backed up to the user's cloud, it is not available on Apple's end to provide. At least that's my understanding.

I think they are going to say that the autopsy results will not be released at this time.

I believe the cause of death has now been established and he wishes to release Gabby's remains to the family so they can lay her to rest. However, I don't think the COD will be made known to the public as no-one has been charged with her murder and only the killer knows what happened.

ick forgot about them......they'll be in full force tomorrow. jmo
Well I would hope out of reverence to Gabby & her fam they stuff a sock in it for all to absorb the news. Including for C&R Laundrie- who may need to fully absorb this horror to consider coming clean with LE. This could be the breaking point for them if the idiots out front will just shut up for a dang day. Moo

I think it would have to go to a grand jury, for an indictment. But we don't know if one hasn't already been issued but just sealed right now. Depends on the evidence they have gathered so far, and whether they think it's enough to prove a crime has been committed by BL, or not.
The initial indictment showed up on PACER on 9/22/21 along with the warrant and the order to seal the case. I wasn't able to read the documents, but they were there immediately, even though they were sealed.

There is nothing new on PACER as of 5 minutes ago.

Last edited:
But, that is edited video so could have been same phone, but thanks for link. I do remember him saying I dont have phone. Cassie's husband said he did not like phones, so I thought maybe just did not want to acknowledge he owned one.

I thought at first for sure he had a burner before he left his parents house to where ever he ended up. But, what if he really is out there without a phone...I still think there might be a chance his body dead or alive is in the Reserve.

If you watch the footage, the first phone is the one the ranger is sent to get. That is Gabby's. He tells her he has to go get it from a special spot. He hands it to her, she takes it back to Gabby and she can be seen holding it from then on in the back of the police car.

Later on, presumably when he goes back to the van later to get his wallet, he also gets his phone and puts this in his pants pocket. The officer asks him for his contact details, he pulls out the phone, turns it on and shows him the number. It's working fine, and it's clearly not the same phone that was given to Gabby.

Gabby Petito autopsy: Wyoming coroner to give update Tuesday

To add:
Salt Lake City-based private investigator Jason Jenson, who visited the scene where Petito's remains were discovered over the weekend, told Fox News Digital that he believes WY coroner Brent Blue will also discuss the results of a post-mortum toxicology test, which detects drugs in a person's system. Jenson added, however, that he also believes Petito was not using drugs at the time of her death.

Many thanks for that post and reference, @mlhenn. Hmmm.

And strangulation was a possible COD, according to a private investigator. Hmmm.
Wondering if the coroner will go that far...
Grabbing her face is mighty close to grabbing her neck... but with less chance of death... That poor little young artist. SMH.

With JBR the COD was strangulation, but the head trauma would have been fatal too. (that is what I remember)

Very gruesome.

I worry that Gabby was too far decomposed to tell her COD for sure. I think that is why BL didn't bury her on purpose. The more damage nature could do, the less there would be as evidence. I'm worried his terrible plan worked. It's really remarkable how much like a hardened criminal he was thinking even in just the moments shortly after her death.

Of course that is speculation, and IMO

I am amazed when I hear forensic people on Youtube explain their methods and it's amazing what they can find out even from a body in very bad shape, so there is hope.
JMO I don’t think he was thinking like a hardened criminal at all. I don’t think there was a plan. I think he freaked and left her as she was, but again, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member