Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about todays PC from the Coroner. Is it usual to actually hold a press conference for this or would it just be a press release? Also, as this is a Federal case, why would the FBI not be holding the conference?

IIRC from other cases I have followed any PC's have been held by the DA with any ME or Coroner making an appearance to answer questions.

Last edited:
Trying to bounce this off my husband and his reply is "what difference does this make". To which I have no anwer.

I don’t see what difference this makes at the moment. It does clearly show the van door closing shut at a specific time if the video has an accurate time system so LE and all of us can reasonably assume that SOMEONE was in GP’s van at that time on that date.

I don’t remember the time and date. Could Gabby have been alive at that moment? Was BL gone—when did those witnesses who gave him a ride see him?

It’s possible that later the piece of info that someone was alive in that van becomes significant. But it also may not.

The video was instrumental in locating Gabby. It affixed a location in the Tetons for LE search. I think it’s highly likely they’d still be searching for Gabby had this video not been released

While I do agree, one thing to note-the National Park camp grounds just closed here in 10/10/2021. Sorry, by here I mean in NY. I live about 3-4 hr from ADK, depending location. My husband and I recently went for a hike up there and the amount of people still in the area was crazy. Although I know we have a cabin nearby the NP we visit and they rent it out all through the winter. So it isn’t like it’s closed. But to your point, he would really need to know what is what there, there’s a ton of places, trails, etc but you could easily get lost and end up without supplies if you’re unfamiliar.
Yes, you could get surprised by weather from one moment to the next. Blizzards. There’s no way he’s running around or camping in ADK. However, he might think there is! He’s evidently a wannabe in the outdoors. I could see him fantasizing about the Dannemora escape, without taking in the realities.

For those who missed it and don't want to dig back through threads, I wanted to reshare a post I made from earlier today on Thread 59. I have been digging into the Sept. 13th and a lot of people have been helping add in info they've found, so if anyone else had ideas on where to look for videos, I'm running out of ideas!

Here's an article originally published on 9/13. It references a photo of Chris Laundrie mowing his lawn on Monday (which would be the 13th) and shows the front of the Laundrie home (sans Mustang).
Mom of missing Florida girl, 22, pleads for help to find her daughter | Daily Mail Online

It was originally posted at 16:07 (4:07 p.m.). I've been hung up on the 12th and 13th dates, so I've been trying to really narrow down that time frame. So here's some research I've done.

I was able to find a daily weather history on WeatherUnderground for Punta Gorda, which is approximately 18 miles away. It showed light rain starting at 5:49 p.m. and ending somewhere between 6 and 6:30 p.m.

For Venice Muni Station, which is approximately 14.5 miles, it reported thunder beginning around 3:15, heavy rain at 3:55 pm. and continuing off and on until about 7:15 p.m.

If the article was posted on the 13th at approx. 4:00 p.m., then the photos had to have been taken earlier in the day. Taking into consideration the afternoon rain beginning around 3 p.m., we can safely assume they were taken before 3.

WeatherUnderground also reflects a high of 91 degrees at noon, so I would venture to guess they were taken the morning of the 13th because he wouldn't want to cut grass in the middle of the day. Clearly that is an assumption, and I am still trying to narrow that down.

We also have this video from Fox 13 at 6:03 p.m. I'm basing the p.m. off the fact that the news anchor says at the beginning "developing tonight." She then flips to one of their reporters who is live in front of the home. The Mustang is not there, the Dodge truck is.

There is a second video from Fox 13 during their 10 p.m. broadcast and they go back to the same reporter who is live again in front of the Laundrie home.

I took a screenshot of the second video and turned the exposure WAY up in an attempt to see the background. There's probably a much better way to do this and achieve better results, but I was trying to do it on the fly. It looks like the truck is in the background.

Something that caught my attention - if you look at the first video from the 6 p.m. broadcast, the truck is backed directly underneath the camper. In the second broadcast, if I am right in what I'm seeing, the truck is now facing the camper and possibly a little more towards the left. I uploaded both photos for reference. If that's true, then obviously the truck was moved at some point between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.

Here is the weather from Sept 13 for North Port.

Not sure I'm following the reasons why the weather was critically important that day. But as is pretty usual in FL it rained in the late afternoon. It was heavy rain starting at around 4:15. It was sunny again by 5:53. No more rain fell that day.

Weather in September 2021 in North Port, Florida, USA

(Scroll down, select date from the pull down menu for the hour by hour record)

I don't think the van door closing footage matters in an evidentiary sense. Even if the door is closing, we have no idea who is closing it. It could be Brian, Gabby, someone else, an animal, the wind, a loose hinge... We just have no idea.
Was GP body found right next to the van? The field/area appears very open. I wonder if the homicide occurred in this spot she was found or if BL dumped her body at night?

Attachments

• 70DE8BB7-54A3-415F-BD5F-A6D85A9B31CC.jpeg
    70DE8BB7-54A3-415F-BD5F-A6D85A9B31CC.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 50

Not sure I'm following the reasons why the weather was critically important that day. But as is pretty usual in FL it rained in the late afternoon. It was heavy rain starting at around 4:15. It was sunny again by 5:53. No more rain fell that day.

There are witness interviews that day and since there is standing water at the end of the driveway during those interviews and wet roads, I assume those were taken post-rain. Mostly just confirmation that the Mustang was gone from the home before 4 pm on the 13th. Just an attempt to narrow down the window that he left the home since it's never been stated.

Edited to say the time he left hasn't been stated, just that he left on the 13th.

I don’t see what difference this makes at the moment. It does clearly show the van door closing shut at a specific time if the video has an accurate time system so LE and all of us can reasonably assume that SOMEONE was in GP’s van at that time on that date.

I don’t remember the time and date. Could Gabby have been alive at that moment? Was BL gone—when did those witnesses who gave him a ride see him?

It’s possible that later the piece of info that someone was alive in that van becomes significant. But it also may not.

The video was instrumental in locating Gabby. It affixed a location in the Tetons for LE search. I think it’s highly likely they’d still be searching for Gabby had this video not been released
The difference it makes for me is that it puts the van in close proximity to where Gabby was found and possibly puts BL there at that particular time if, in fact, the door actually closed. It could be one more piece of the timeline if someone was actually in the van when it was recorded.

Every detail is important especially when building a case.

I'm almost sure the place the body was found was right there whatever happened happened, they were either down by the river looking for a place to put up the tent, or had gotten in a argument inside the van, pulled over real quick and one guy out walking and that's where everything went down!!! It's terrible that BL ran instead of being a man and telling what happened and take responsibility for his actions, no matter what story he tried to spin!!

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if WFLA YouTube is showing the coroners report later? I can only view it either on here or on their YouTube channel. I’ve got lots of anxiety about the report. I have a genuine question (I’m a brit) would they say whether it is murder or accidental? I know over here they will say it’s a murder enquiry but not release COD as in stab wound etc and the POI will be charged either with murder, manslaughter with whatever evidence they have (that’s from my understanding anyway) like vehicular manslaughter or actual murder etc etc. MOO.
Sending lots of love to gabbys family and friends today.

I don’t know exactly when BL allegedly drove away in the Mustang. I don’t know when the parents drove away to look for him. I don’t know when they drove the Mustang back.

Neither the press nor LE were carefully watching the Laundrie ‘s property at that time. No one can affirm for certain whatever the Laundries told LE. The Mustang was parked in plain sight in front driveway of the residence so no subterfuge in sneaking it away. No one was watching when it happened.

It seems to me whatever the Laundries told LE when they filed the Missing Person report is what FBI is going by. It would be foolish for those parents to lie about this as everything was right in the open and very possible that anyone was watching the car movements, including LE who could have had them under surveillance (which they have officially announced they did at that time) I would make assumption for now and until proven otherwise that the times the parents have given are correct

At this point I can't see that B could be anywhere other then a sheltered place or dead. I don't think he could hack it out in the wilderness this long by himself. If he is sheltered, who could be providing him help? I am sure LE has got to be looking into that. MOO.

I have a question about todays PC from the Coroner. Is it usual to actually hold a press conference for this or would it just be a press release? Also, as this is a Federal case, why would the FBI not be holding the conference?

IIRC from other cases I have followed any PC's have been held by the DA with any ME or Coroner making an appearance to answer questions.

It's a virtual press conference limited to members of the press
to be followed by a brief Q and A session.

Assuming he's established the cause of death, I believe he will release Gabby's remains to the family.

However, I don't think the COD will be made known to the public as no-one has been charged with causing her death and only that person knows what happened.

I don’t know exactly when BL allegedly drove away in the Mustang. I don’t know when the parents drove away to look for him. I don’t know when they drove the Mustang back.

Neither the press nor LE were carefully watching the Laundrie ‘s property at that time. No one can affirm for certain whatever the Laundries told LE. The Mustang was parked in plain sight in front driveway of the residence so no subterfuge in sneaking it away. No one was watching when it happened.

It seems to me whatever the Laundries told LE when they filed the Missing Person report is what FBI is going by. It would be foolish for those parents to lie about this as everything was right in the open and very possible that anyone was watching the car movements, including LE who could have had them under surveillance (which they have officially announced they did at that time) I would make assumption for now and until proven otherwise that the times the parents have given are correct
At the time I started looking into it they hadn't yet changed the date he went hiking. When that happened and they added in the extra search for him, it just made me think there's something else around the 12th and 13th that's been missed that could help figure out where he is. I don't think it's the reserve.

There are witness interviews that day and since there is standing water at the end of the driveway during those interviews and wet roads, I assume those were taken post-rain. Mostly just confirmation that the Mustang was gone from the home before 4 pm on the 13th. Just an attempt to narrow down the window that he left the home since it's never been stated.

Edited to say the time he left hasn't been stated, just that he left on the 13th.

I find it very odd he would go hiking in the reserve that late in the day and after a decent rainfall. Not to mention, who goes hiking without a wallet and PHONE? BL made such a big argument in Moab about claims he didn’t have a phone. If his parents were so worried he was going to hurt himself, in addition to seeing he left his wallet and phone, why not immediately go to the reserve? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
previously…
"Everyday the search for Gabby continues the Schmidt and Petito family becomes more desperate. They are frantically searching for answers and information in their daughter’s disappearance while Brian sits in the comfort of his home.

Brian claims he wants to sit in the background while we search for Gabby in the wilderness of the Grand Teton and Yellowstone national parks.

Brian left Gabby in the wilderness with grizzly bears and wolves while he sits in the comfort of his home. In his home!

Brian, how could you do this to Gabby? You selfishly remain silent while Gabby is all alone in the wilderness.

Brian, your silence is reprehensible! We beg you to do the right thing and help us bring Gabby home.

Brian, whatever happened in Wyoming, happened. The only thing you can control is what you do now. Tell us where Gabby is.

You tarnish your love for her with your silence."
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...-of-interest-in-disappearance-of-gabby-petito

Gabby may have been STRANGLED to death, PI claims based on key moment in bodycam

Last edited:
I wonder what this press conference is going to be. How many details, etc. are they doing it now in hopes Brian will come out of hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties