Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added this link to the media thread - I'm wondering about the reasoning behind the presser - and believe they believe BL is in hiding and this will call attention to Gabby - perhaps even try to communicate with him in some small way? Otherwise, just release a statement? JMO
I don't think the coroner is needed to call attention to Gabby and I don't see the press conference as all that unusual. IMO, we're over-thinking it.

Coroner | Teton County, WY (tetoncountywy.gov)
The Teton County Coroner’s Office is dedicated to the Service of Teton County doing its job with science and respect. ...

[...]

The Coroner is charged with determining the name and age of a decedent as well as the cause and manner of death. Manner of death may be accidental, suicide, homicide, natural, or indeterminate.

The Teton County Coroner’s office is committed to transparency, but information released to the public is determined by Wyoming State Law. This public information is name and age of the decedent and the cause and manner of death. Accurate and timely information is distributed accordingly.

[...]

I have missed a lot of threads but just for the record, is this the first BL "school" friend (other than GP's) that has come forward? Very interesting and sure the FBI would be focusing on all past BL & Family Contacts. IMO.. his fugitive case looks like a "hide for hire" in lieu of typical murder for hire. The fact he has not been found seems like help from one person is likely.
It's the only one I've been able to find! And I keep looking because Gabby had quite a few speak on her behalf

Laundrie's pal exclusively told The Sun that Gabby Petito's on-the-run fiancé was nearly 40 pounds heavier when he was 14-years-old.

"These last two years were the most public and open he has ever been. He's a pretty disconnected off the grid type of guy, not the 'selfie' type."

“He's the type of person that would be able to drop everything to secure his means of not being captured and to evade arrest or evade prosecution from what seems to be a pending crime.”

The friend revealed Laundrie had “zero friends” in middle school and would sit at the lunch table with two other people.

"A lot of my friends have guns and stuff,” the friend said.

“The gun laws in Florida were a lot less restrictive than New York so it was interesting for him to move to another state that allowed that.”

“Brian was very quiet in school. He was a bit of an outcast when he was younger. He was just so to himself.”

He added: “Brian cut his hair and lost weight in high school.”
Brian Laundrie was a ‘chubby social outcast’ at school, says friend

I have missed a lot of threads but just for the record, is this the first BL "school" friend (other than GP's) that has come forward? Very interesting and sure the FBI would be focusing on all past BL & Family Contacts. IMO.. his fugitive case looks like a "hide for hire" in lieu of typical murder for hire. The fact he has not been found seems like help from one person is likely.

Yes I believe this is the first we are hearing from a "friend" of BL. it strikes me as odd, plus that news outlet pays for stories (which I am sure a lot do) but could totally see someone who may have known him (I've known a lot of people, but don't necessarily call them friends) look at this as an opportunity to get some extra cash. JMOO.

Brian Entin on Twitter
All quiet at the Laundrie house this morning. No activity. We will stream the coroner's press conference at 2:30pmET. I'll post a link. Coroner says there will be a "brief question and answer period." DM me your questions for the coroner and I'll try to get a few in.
9:05 AM · Oct 12, 2021·Twitter Web App

Maybe I'm just hopeful, but I think a allowing a question and answer period means they are going to release some real information. If they are not going to tell us anything, they aren't going to want journalists asking questions they won't answer. IMO

Has anyone seen a confirmation of the identity of the forensic pathologist brought in from Sheridan Wyoming?

Update on body found at Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park
The Teton County Coroner’s Office tells Fox News' Jeremy Copas that the autopsy on the body found Sunday that is believed to be Gabby Petito will be conducted tomorrow. The office is bringing in a forensic pathologist from Sheridan, Wyoming, about 360 miles
Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES

WFLA obtained further records which indicated deputies came nine times during that period.

The first call came on September 19 - the day Gabby's body was found in Grand Teton National Park and two days after Brian's parents reported him missing.

Records show Cassie's husband James reported receiving "messages from random people" which included threats about "killing his family and kidnapping his kids," WFLA reported.
Brian's sister's home swarmed by cops 'at least 3 times' over DEATH THREATS

Has anyone seen a confirmation of the identity of the forensic pathologist brought in from Sheridan Wyoming?

Update on body found at Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park
The Teton County Coroner’s Office tells Fox News' Jeremy Copas that the autopsy on the body found Sunday that is believed to be Gabby Petito will be conducted tomorrow. The office is bringing in a forensic pathologist from Sheridan, Wyoming, about 360 miles
Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES
Coroner | Teton County, WY

I expect they’ll announce that tox screens were negative, that they have determined (but will not release) a COD, and that the body has been released to the family. Fini.
MOO

I don't think the tox screen will be entirely negative. I think it will be positive for pot. I can't see why it wouldn't be-- GP's Instagram posts mention the pot out west being really good.

I have no reason to think marijuana had anything with her death. But if the tox screen results are announced (with or without a COD announcement), the coroner might prefer to explain via Zoom instead of press release why the pot isn't a big deal (assuming it's detected and it's not relevant to COD. Think it is screened for on autopsy screens though.)

JMO

If this is what investigators suspected happened, than I don't think they would treat the Aug. 27th text any differently than the Aug. 30th "Yosemite" text. They would both be written by and sent by BL (presumably after GP's death), from her phone. But, according to the article (which I'm willing to question in its accuracy), investigators ARE treating the two texts differently.

I'm not misunderstanding the content of the texts, or the dates, or why GP's mom found them alarming. I simply find it significant IF GP sent the Stan text, which the article seems to suggest.
I think it's the location data of origin of texts...

I am wondering WHY BL was an outcast? Chubby people have friends and are lots of fun, I am one!
It says it was only when he was younger. Middle school is a weird time for all kids, but harder for some. He grew out of it in high school so I'm not sure it really tells us anything. Sounds more like this guy is looking for his 15 minutes. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member