Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So 28th or 29th. That narrows it down. When was the video of the van shot??

There is so much focus on which date she died. Does it matter?

I think the focus should be now be completely on finding her killer and not on what date she was spotted and where. It might not matter at all what day she was killed. (The only way IMO that would really matter is if she was seen with other people during one of those days, for them to potentially be involved.)
But it seems to me, IMO, that it's clear her violent boyfriend had been choking her on a regular basis, - for fun on his part? or for twisted pleasure on his part? or to show what a big strong controlling man he was? - and that one night he couldn't stop himself and strangled her to death!

Brian Laundrie, you will be found, and the law will deal with you!

From here forward I don't give a **** what the Laundrie family's lawyer says, unless he says "I quit".

JMO

I'd like to hear from Cassie today. I only hope she's as angry as I would expect her to be, after having had her brother playing Favorite Uncle with her children a few weeks ago.
Imagine if those were the last photos you had of your brother with your children and you found out the autopsy results = strangulation. Imagine how you might think of the times he might have been babysitting for your children and lost his temper. MOO.

Question to anyone who can possibly answer.

Since SB is sticking by this whole he’s only wanted for fraud malarkey, if the FBI doesn’t now come out and upgrade the charges.. can we safely assume Brian is dead at that point?
IMO, no. The decision to file murder charges will depend partly on whether the prosecution is ready to start the clock ticking, and partly on whether they think that will affect BL's being able to continue to elude capture. IMO

This article isn't about Gabby (RIP sweet girl). I was curious how long it takes to die via strangulation. This is a statement from an assistant state medical examiner.

"He said a person being strangled would lose consciousness within 20 to 30 seconds and would be dead if constant pressure were applied for an additional 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes."

Trial experts debate time needed to kill by choking

He's got an indictment on him already or should have one today I'd hope. (MOO) I hope they unseal it today. There is a tolling provision for someone who fled. But, they may be able to fashion an argument that it doesn't apply bc he did not know he was indicted at time of flight. Geeze they need to find this guy. MOO

My initial gut thought upon hearing the word strangulation was...Of course it was.

Upon further thinking, I cannot imagine what each and every officer who was present at the Moab stop feels about now. She was alive then! And complained about a man who grabbed her throat. And weeks later, she is dead...via strangulation.

I was thinking about that the other day and actually feel badly for them. If they didn't have proper training then let this be a lesson to LE everywhere to better train your people!

Anyone remember CaL photos where it looks like BL has finger bruises on his right arm. That would match up with what would happen during strangulation MOO

He had scratches in Moab, too, that were attributed to Gabby-but not determined at that time to have come from the possibility that he was holding her by the neck. I think when the cops separated them because she was perpetrating an assault on him (supposedly), it was because of those scratches-I think she scratched him like people do when they are being choked.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Unless they have other evidence that indicates it was an act of violence, other broken bones, etc. Her body being exposed for 3/4 weeks though may leave a window to blame injuries on the environment, animals
I understand the concern. Medical examiners can often readily distinguish whether damage to remains were sustained by predation or not. I have faith that they are sure the evidence points to strangulation and not animal activity.

The prosecution is biding its time by not issuing murder charges. Once those charges are given, the defense will want their experts and their coroners to examine the body. If she’s already cremated before he’s charged, it’s too late.

Now I am really re-thinking the van door closing in the tik tok video. Gabby was out going, she would not have shut that door. If he was alone and had killed her he would shut the door and not want to be seen. I can't remember that date that video was taken, sorry. But now I think she was already dead when those people drove by the van...this should get us really close the the day she died.
moo

Last edited:
I sense the Laundrie house will have a lot of action there today.

Now is the time for the Laundries to make a public plea for Brian to turn himself in if he's out there and still alive and can do so. They should hold a press conference with an attorney of their choice, but speak for themselves, not through their current attorney. This would be the right thing to do, for themselves, for their daughter and grandchildren, and even for Brian. With the cause of death now as strangulation, they need to step forward. It could be quick and simple, but needs to be done.

This article isn't about Gabby (RIP sweet girl). I was curious how long it takes to die via strangulation. This is a statement from an assistant state medical examiner.

"He said a person being strangled would lose consciousness within 20 to 30 seconds and would be dead if constant pressure were applied for an additional 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes."

Trial experts debate time needed to kill by choking

IMO Plenty of time for someone to stop if it was an "accident!"

<modsnip>
(Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46). Going to bring my post from a couple of weeks ago forward.

Victims who have been choked once are 750 percent more likely to be killed by their abusers.

ALL LE must evaluate for any behavior that even resembles strangulation / choking in every single DV call. No exceptions. Ever. If someones hands are on someones face or neck it should be an immediate arrest.
It could have saved Gabby's life :( I'm heartbroken hearing this cause of death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if it was BL posting as Brian Entin in the zoom chat?
I feel the family is pissed Brian Entin is at their neighbors every day and I do feel them or someone related to them or a friend of their’s did this purposefully! I’m thinking Brian Entinncan have it investigated as identity theft and defamation! Also, whoever did it may also be involved in hiding or harboring BL!

Don’t feel that the coroner should’ve put his two cents worth in there about Gabby being a blonde and that there’s more victims than her
Her hair color is irrelevant and I wonder if the other perps are “missing “
Just kind of P’d me off
That is NOT what the coroner said. He referred to Gabby being a BLOGGER, not a "blonde".

Wonder if it was BL posting as Brian Entin in the zoom chat?
I feel the family is pissed Brian Entin is at their neighbors every day and I do feel them or someone related to them or a friend of their’s did this purposefully! I’m thinking Brian Entinncan have it investigated as identity theft and defamation! Also, whoever did it may also be involved in hiding or harboring BL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties