Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is so fast moving, but I just wanted to say or ask... How long does it take to strangle someone? This is not an easy thing to do and she KNEW what was happening and he COULD HAVE STOPPED - he strangled the life out of her while (IMOO) she looked into his eyes. The evil it takes to do something like this is unfathomable. Sweet Gabby, you did not deserve this. I am so sorry. Rest in Heaven, angel.
About five minutes.

Not a surprise, I think most of us suspected as much.

JMO
I WISH, just once, that we would be surprised. Maybe the BL defenders are, but I think most of us here (especially those of us who have been abused) knew exactly what happened to Gabby the minute we saw the body cam video. We *knew*. Because we recognize abuse when we see it.

But I hate being right about it and most of all, I hate what Gabby endured before she died. The person who pledged his love to her was the person she was most in danger from.

I'm so sick of this.

If you are in a situation where you are being physically or emotionally abused, please leave before it's too late. Or reach out to someone you can trust to help you leave. If you have no one, call 800-799-SAFE. Please, been there....make the call.

I agree, he has probably ruled the same cause and manner of death for innumerable other women, and no one cares, he doesn't hold a press conference and have to answer a barrage of questions. Those women are buried and forgotten except by their families, who are also hurting right now.

I went back and listened to it. He does say blogger. (thanks) I'm sure you're right, though. DV kills approximately 4000 people a year in the US. A coroner must get so sick of seeing this crime over and over again.

Exactly. I'm thinking an arrest warrant for first degree murder will be issued later this week.

Why the wait though?

The FBI/LE will have known the autopsy results prior to it being revealed to us today in the press conference, so I don't understand WHY - if they believe BL is the perpetrator - they haven't yet issued an arrest warrant.

I don't get the reason for the delay.

JMO

I am going to repost this because now I think this is really important.
Now I am really re-thinking the van door closing in the tik tok video. Gabby was out going, she would not have shut that door. If he was alone and had killed her he would shut the door and not want to be seen. I can't remember that date that video was taken, sorry. But now I think she was already dead when those people drove by the van...this should get us really close the the day she died.
moo

I understand the concern. Medical examiners can often readily distinguish whether damage to remains were sustained by predation or not. I have faith that they are sure the evidence points to strangulation and not animal activity.

yes, per his DV comment made me think there is a good possibility of other injuries that resulted from a fight/struggle eliminating the defense using sex gone wrong defense as someone suggested. The time to strangle someone eliminates this. Agree, there would be evidence of animal involvement

BL may claim accidental but I feel this coroner has evidence GP fought back. He referenced DV. I felt the orange evidence markers depicted a struggle.

Moo...

Now that we know she was strangled, I think revisiting the evidence markers at the crime scene knowing the COD could help make sense of what happened.

IMO, aside from what appear to be bore holes in the trees (which I now believe were the result of samples of bugs being taken for use by the forensic anthropologist), I think the markers on surrounding rocks do point to either 1) a struggle took place before/during the murder or 2) her body being moved after the fact. Another possibility is that Gabby tried to grab a rock(s) to try and defend herself and LE collected her DNA (but not Brian's) on some of those rocks. We know the coroner collected her DNA and turned it over to the FBI, so perhaps they did a comparison to DNA found on the rocks at the scene. Even if DNA is submerged in water (such as in a creek or river), it can still be detectable and able to be analyzed for at least a week (trace DNA can remain even longer but is more difficult to analyze).

This doesn’t change anything, IMO. The Feds likely already were told that preliminary results showed strangulation. They had to complete the autopsy to make sure other things weren’t also in play.

I figured it would be that or blunt blow to head.

Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation, coroner determines

Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation, a Wyoming coroner said Tuesday, as the nationwide manhunt persisted for the Long Island woman's missing fiancé.

Petito's remains were found on Sept. 19 at the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area campground in Bridger-Teton National Forest. Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue had previously ruled it a homicide.

But the 22-year-old's official cause of death wasn't disclosed until Tuesday, though Blue cited state law in limiting the amount of information he could share.

"Our initial determination is the body was in the wilderness for three to four weeks" before she was found, Blue told reporters, which would place her time of death in mid to late August.

Throughout his meeting with reporters, Blue sidestepped questions about who could have been responsible for the woman’s death. But the coroner did appear to imply that Petito was a victim of domestic violence.

“This is only one of many deaths around the country of people who are involved in domestic violence and it’s unfortunate that these other deaths do not get as much coverage as this one," Blue said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485