Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to repost this because now I think this is really important.
Now I am really re-thinking the van door closing in the tik tok video. Gabby was out going, she would not have shut that door. If he was alone and had killed her he would shut the door and not want to be seen. I can't remember that date that video was taken, sorry. But now I think she was already dead when those people drove by the van...this should get us really close to the day she died.
moo

That’s an interesting theory. I feel like it just goes to the parents & how much they’ve covered for him IMO. I’ve tried so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt bc they aren’t charged with anything & just in general you don’t wanna think ppl can be that cruel & horrible but….those 2 ppl - at the very least - knew something was wrong when he came home without her & let that sweet girl’s body sit out there in the dang forest for almost a month. That’s JMO but geez…they are a piece of work IMO.
When being strangled she would have fought to live for the few seconds she had to live! Remember the Moab Cop cams? He had scratches on hands back then! I don’t think it was the first time his hands had been on her face and neck! I think this time he was in a rage from the restaurant and it went too far and he held on too long! It was an up close murder! He has to be found and held accountable! Hopefully whoever is assisting him will realize what happened and turn him in!

According to JB WFLA he didn't wait. He tweeted it when the presser was still happening.

Talk about adding insult to injury. MOO
SB and his comments…. SMH

BL is the ONLY suspect in her murder.

Why doesn’t he present his client so they can respond to the fraud charges?

BL is hiding, he is not missing. And I bet you SB knows that. He may not know where, but he knows BL is alive.

MOO

Now I am really re-thinking the van door closing in the tik tok video. Gabby was out going, she would not have shut that door. If he was alone and had killed her he would shut the door and not want to be seen. I can't remember that date that video was taken, sorry. But now I think she was already dead when those people drove by the van...this should get us really close the the day she died.
moo
This was 6 p.m. on 8/27.

Don’t feel that the coroner should’ve put his two cents worth in there about Gabby being a blonde and that there’s more victims than her
Her hair color is irrelevant and I wonder if the other perps are “missing “
Just kind of P’d me off

I agree, this whole argument that other victims deserve attention is true but women are not interchangable and all the same, and this case has merits of all different kinds, to start discussions on DV, misogyny, police procedure, young men who are parasites off their girlfriends, etc. etc. IMO
There are all kinds of reasons this case grabbed the public's attention. Her being blonde was not a factor for my interest at all. I recognized her boyfriend as a sexist controlling jerk right away.
I knew BL killed her just like I knew Chris Watts killed his wife the first time I heard him make a public statement.

All JMO

Now I am really re-thinking the van door closing in the tik tok video. Gabby was out going, she would not have shut that door. If he was alone and had killed her he would shut the door and not want to be seen. I can't remember that date that video was taken, sorry. But now I think she was already dead when those people drove by the van...this should get us really close the the day she died.
moo
Depends if BL had gone hitchhiking at that point. I'm sure however outgoing Gabby was, she wouldn't want people knowing she was there by herself.

I'm wondering whether that was accidental or deliberate?
I'm thinking the latter because the other information could have been released as a press statement.

I dunno. This guy has probably performed numerous autopsies on women who've been killed by their partners and no one says squat. If some people do make comments it's usually along the lines of 'why didn't she just leave him?' I guess he seen women who've been shot, strangled, killed with a baseball bat and he's never had to do a public announcement on their death because no one has cared about them.

Cases that get lots of press and lots of followers turn the death into a three ring circus .eg all those people hanging out at the Laundries, distasteful jokes on R.... They also get tons of criticism from the general public because they don't move fast enough, they don't release enough sensitive information to them, they don't seem caring enough, etc. etc. In general, they don't appease the public's appetite.

Working on a high profile case is probably a nightmare for people involved in investigating a murder. They are called inept, incompetent. Everything they say is picked apart with a fine toothed comb. And the irony is maybe in a couple of weeks another pretty white girl will end up dead and she'll 'capture' the general public and Gabby will be forgotten.

I feel for Gabby’s family. A hard day for them.

I hope we hear from FBI sooner then later with murder charges moo.

Do we know for a fact that Gabby was engaged to BL? I hear reports refer to him as finance, but I never have heard her referred to as a fiancé, nor have I seen any confirmation of engagement from family or friends. I may have missed it. Thanks.
Were the vine tattoos on their ring fingers?

At The Hotline, we often speak with people who don’t think they are being abused because they aren’t being hit, aren’t being hit with a closed fist or aren’t being physically abused on a regular or daily basis. While abuse can include frequent, violent attacks, abuse can also include monitoring your phone, restricting access to finances, controlling who you spend time with and many other behaviors that aren’t physical at all. However, one of the most serious and deadly forms of abuse is physical, but many survivors are still hesitant to label strangulation or “choking” as abusive.

The information in this article is not meant to scare you, but you deserve to know the facts so you can make the best plan to keep yourself safe.

If your partner has ever put their hands around your neck, put you in a “sleeper hold” or used anything else to strangle you like a scarf, necklace, belt, rope, etc., keep reading.

The Dangers of Strangulation
Yes. Ths is an indicator to how likely you are to be killed whilst trying to leave the relationship :(

A few here have mentioned BL might claim erotic asphyxiation. I’m not certain, but with Jim Schmidt IDing Gabby’s sweatshirt, I thought that was found on her. So I inferred she’d be clothed at the time of her death.
I’m no expert in this type of thing, obviously, but if she were clothed I think that would further disprove this was a sexual act that went wrong. JMO
well also we all saw the Moab tapes and he had a meltdown in a restaurant...I think it's very safe to rule any sex stuff out...this was DV plain and simple.

Ugh, just had a thought, if it goes to trial & BL uses the “it was auto- erotic asphyxiation” (i.e. accidental strangulation during sex) I might actually need sedating coz I’ll be so damn angry!
I think if he even tried to say that Papa Petito would demolish him and his lawyer before anyone could stop him.

IMO, no. The decision to file murder charges will depend partly on whether the prosecution is ready to start the clock ticking, and partly on whether they think that will affect BL's being able to continue to elude capture. IMO
Can you remind me what the time limitations are again, please? TYIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member