Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard law enforcement will sometimes withhold evidence if they don't know who the killer is and are hoping to keep specifics from popping up in copycat killings. I also think they sometimes withhold information in case they get false confessions (odd, but it happens).

In this case, neither issue seems to be applicable. So, I'm not why they wouldn't release information unless it's simply for the comfort of the family members.

Also as a way of determining the veracity of tips. Recall the Brown's Chicken Murders, outside Chicago, in the 90's. They got a call from someone who mentioned a detail that LE had kept quiet, so they knew the person she heard it from was most likely the perp. (That case was terrible. I still remember getting yelled at by a female police officer for accidentally stepping across the crime scene tape.)

Somewhere in these fast moving pages, it was said he would announce the ruling. I’ve only heard a ruling to be used in the manner of death and he’s already made that ruling. Right? Wrong? Feel free to correct.

Just sayin’. All along. Homicide by Firearm…they’ve been searching for that gun. Might have even found it.
totally imo…
I hope they don’t withhold this information today, if true.

They said cause and time of death would likely be included in the autopsy report, but not necessarily released to the public.

A gunshot wound would definitely be an explanation as to how they were able to rule manner of death as homicide immediately.

I hope they don’t withhold this information today, if true.

They said cause and time of death would likely be included in the autopsy report, but not necessarily released to the public.

A gunshot wound would definitely be an explanation as to how they were able to rule manner of death as homicide immediately.
The public would have a right to know if we had an armed and dangerous person on the run, right?

[
tQ

Yes it had.to be something.obvious for them to come to that conclusion right away!

As I was doing research into the acoustics of silencers, I actually came across something interesting. Apparently in cases where a homicide was committed by a silenced firearm, it creates distinctive wounds on the body because the silencer decreases bullet energy but accelerates energy release in the tissue.

Also want to note that silencers do not actually silence a gun blast completely––the sound of a gun shot actually consists of multiple different components (gunpowder gas flow muzzle wave, shock wave, the wave in the air column in front of the projectile as it exits the barrel, and the acoustic wave created by the collision of internal mechanisms within the firearm) and a silencer only reduces the first component of the firing sound (the gunpowder gas flow muzzle wave).

Sources
Arslan, Hakan, Mostafa Ranjbar, Erkan Secgin, and Veli Celik. "Theoretical and experimental investigation of acoustic performance of multi-chamber reactive silencers." Applied Acoustics 157, no. 1 (2020): 106987.

Hristov, Nebojša, Aleksandar Kari, Damir Jerković, Slobodan Savić, and Radoslav Sirovatka. "Simulation and Measurements of Small Arms Blast Wave Overpressure in the Process of Designing a Silencer." Measurement Science Review 15, no. 1 (2015): 27-34.

Missliwetz, J., W. Denk, and I. Wieser. "Shots Fired with Silencers—A Report on Four Cases and Experimental Testing." Journal of Forensic Science 36, no. 5 (1991): 1387-1394.

Remember (IIRC!!) that in the Watts case the DA held up release of the autopsies to explain the higher BAC, which was due to decomposition not drinking alcohol. The trolls still ran with it to accuse SR of drunkenly murdering herself and her children and somehow burying herself and stuffing them in oil tanks, too, but the DA was very careful to explain those results. Maybe something similar is happening here, not with BAC which they may not have had available after so much time, but something else that can't just be transmitted via a press release. Something that has to be explained, in fairness to the victim. (Yes I know there is no DA involved here, today.)

As I was doing research into the acoustics of silencers, I actually came across something interesting. Apparently in cases where a homicide was committed by a silenced firearm, it creates distinctive wounds on the body because the silencer decreases bullet energy but accelerates energy release in the tissue.

Also want to note that although silencers do not actually silence a gun blast completely––the sound of a gun shot actually consists of multiple different components (gunpowder gas flow muzzle wave, shock wave, the wave in the air column in front of the projectile as it exits the barrel, and the acoustic wave created by the collision of internal mechanisms within the firearm) and a silencer only reduces the first component of the firing sound (the gunpowder gas flow muzzle wave).

Sources
Arslan, Hakan, Mostafa Ranjbar, Erkan Secgin, and Veli Celik. "Theoretical and experimental investigation of acoustic performance of multi-chamber reactive silencers." Applied Acoustics 157, no. 1 (2020): 106987.

Hristov, Nebojša, Aleksandar Kari, Damir Jerković, Slobodan Savić, and Radoslav Sirovatka. "Simulation and Measurements of Small Arms Blast Wave Overpressure in the Process of Designing a Silencer." Measurement Science Review 15, no. 1 (2015): 27-34.

Missliwetz, J., W. Denk, and I. Wieser. "Shots Fired with Silencers—A Report on Four Cases and Experimental Testing." Journal of Forensic Science 36, no. 5 (1991): 1387-1394.
And the reverberation in that type of landscape imo would be greater than for instance....in a building. MOO

This might be accurate, except for the fact that the Merry Piglets was on 8/27 and the text about STAN was on the 30th. I would say (MOO) that no one cannot survive that long outside on those freezing temps to realize to text. Why not texting earlier?
Was Stan text on the 30th or Yosemite text? It may make a difference. Someone posted a daily mail article on yesterday's thread that stated investigators believed she may have sent that Stan text (translation: investigators believed she was alive when it was sent). MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV